KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Connect DFW

Is this your company?

Connect DFW

Add a Review

Connect DFW Employee Reviews about "miles"

Updated Jun 14, 2017

Found 4 of over 106 reviews

2.9
Connect DFW President Rachel O'Hara (no image)
Rachel O'Hara

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits of any sort(in 8 reviews)
  • "No base pay, 100 % commission.(in 7 reviews)
  • "The pay was $8 for every $40 package sold.(in 5 reviews)
  • "after you pass the second interview they tell you that you'll be working mon(in 5 reviews)
  • "It's long hours for a short period of time and there's a lot of walking.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "miles"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The raw truth

Jul 20, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Experience -Great People -Growth opportunities -Management opportunities -Futuristic outcomes You will make amazing friendships, they look out for you and treat you like family. You will get your work experience, and if you stick around for all the grunt work, you will eventually get to move up to an inside office position maybe even start your own business! IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND WANT TO START A CAREER WITHOUT ANY SECONDARY EDUCATION, THIS IS YOUR PLACE! IT WILL TEACH YOU AND TRAIN AND GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BE ON YOUR OWN IN THE REAL WORLD. IF YOU CARE ABOUT LONG TERM GOALS THIS IS FOR YOU! Dont bother with this if you are just trying to pay bills and make ends meet for now. You will be broke if you don't have another job or something to back you up. This is meant for people who want a wealthy future.

Cons

-Door to door -Strictly Commission based -Lots of driving around places -No health benefits -No benefits of any sort What they don't tell you during the interview, is that THIS IS AN OUTDOOR DOOR TO DOOR SALES BUSINESS! They really do a good job of making you think this is some professional corporate job which in a way it is, but only if you're the assistant director, receptionist, director or administrators. You will not see your money until you move up to one of those positions. You will be driving anywhere between 10-50 miles just to get to the places, you do get like .20-.50 back for each mile. You will be out under the sun in the heat going door to door. So if that's something your comfortable with then great. You will be walking around a LOT obviously. Talking to people trying to convince them to buy whatever you're selling. Most of the things you sale are usually $40 sometimes $50 you get about a 20% commission which only comes down to $8.20 so if you sale 10 you will make $82 a day so that's like $10 an hour. Thats if you can even sale 10 in 8 hours if you sale more then thats beneficial for you! But if you don't then...well its a loss. The best way to get sales is if you are familiar with the area or know people personally that may be interested in the product, thats how I made most of my money. So in order to live somewhat comfortably at least try to sale 10 of $40-50 packages or more. You might just be better off working some retail or fast food that guarantees you hourly pay and gives you benefits. Bottom line: IF YOU DONT LIKE BEING OUTSIDE IN THE HEAT, IF YOU DONT LIKE TALKING TO PEOPLE, AND YOU DONT LIKE DRIVING AROUND FAR AWAY PLACES, IF YOU GET UPSET THAT YOU DONT GET PAID HOURLY WITH NO BENEFITS, AND YOU'RE STRICTLY RELYING ON THIS JOB TO PAY YOUR BILLS THEN THIS JOB IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU!

13 people found this review helpful

Connect DFW Response

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your feedback regarding our growth opportunities as well as our positive management and team culture. We are happy to hear of your satisfied experience with our company. You are correct in that this is an entry-level position with the criteria of such a position. We offer these positions as a way to introduce candidates to the working world by giving them the proper training to enhance their skills in public speaking, sales, and management. The position is not for everyone, as such we understand when someone leaves our company in efforts to pursue other options. Thank you for your time with Connect DFW and we appreciate your feedback.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

If Soliciting Business to Business is for you, go ahead and give it a shot

Jun 14, 2017 - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team was very friendly. Very energetic and looked nice. Definitely knew how to sale this position to make it seem like it was worth it.

Cons

This is straight up soliciting. No matter how they try to dress it up in fancy words, that is exactly what it is. I quit my full time job with benefits to give this position a shot. They even had me fooled because they asked me for my salary requirements. They do not offer gas reimbursement, but expect you to travel within an 100 mile radius each day to sale Sport packages. We were sneaking into different stores break rooms, lying to people saying that it was a customer appreciation package that they didn't want to miss out on. They could have at least told us that we would be walking all day so I could have put on tennis-shoes. However, I was sweating out my business clothes walking for miles in some oxfords. Needless to say, I did not go back. They make it sound real good saying that you can move up to management fast, but you will still be going business to business like everyone else.

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Waste of Time

Oct 21, 2016 - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros. This isn't a real job or company. Connect DFW is a third party marketing group who insists you will "financially and personally grow" by going door to door...selling coupon packages. There is no family-like environment, opportunity, company culture, or KILLER clientele that the below (bogus) reviews are talking about. Those reviews are written by the CEO to get her rating back up lol. Don't waste your time with this place! You'll regret it. You'll also be really broke.

Cons

You make less than minimum wage, lol @ benefits, required to drive 50-60 miles a day, no reimbursement for gas, the CEO cusses at everyone and makes racist comments. This environment was the worst I've ever been in.

12 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Sports Marketing Representative

Apr 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like selling directly to people then this job is for you.

Cons

I applied for this position, and they had me interview for marketing representative with the Verizon (now Frontier) campaign. It was door-to-door sales. I got offered the job, but turned it down because it was 100% commission and no benefits. About a month later I got a call asking to interview for the actual position I applied for. I was hesitant but agreed to another interview after being reassured the job would not be like the one I interview for. Through the first interview, everything went well and at the end I asked if it was anything like the Verizon campaign and again I was told it was nothing like it. I went through 3 interviews and based on what I was told about the job I accepted. The first day came and I was told the first week I can make $400 or commission on what I sold. The pay was $8 for every $40 package sold. We went out in the field and walked about 5 miles to today "selling" to businesses. The selling was actually soliciting businesses, not all was explained during the interview process. I called the next day and spoke with one of the top managers. I explained to him that this job is not what I was expecting, nor what was described during any part of the interview process. He then told me "The job isn't for everyone and we tell you what we do up front," and then he hung up on me. They will also tell you the job is Monday-Friday from 830 am to 6pm. They told me to be there at 8 on the first day and then we didn't get back to the office until after 6. My "trainer" told me out in the field that they also work Saturdays. No where was that ever expressed. CONNECT DFW IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!!

5 people found this review helpful

Connect DFW Response

CEO/PRESIDENT

Connect DFW is a direct marketing firm located in Dallas, TX. We always strive to provide a positive experience for our team, applicants and clientele. We apologize that our career opportunities did not align with your professional goals. When joining the team at Connect DFW, we offer a variety of different compensation plans that are discussed in your interview. We will be taking your feedback into consideration.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews