KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Connect DFW

Is this your company?

Connect DFW

Add a Review

Connect DFW Employee Reviews about "texas"

Updated Jul 20, 2016

Found 5 of over 106 reviews

2.9
Connect DFW President Rachel O'Hara (no image)
Rachel O'Hara

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits of any sort(in 8 reviews)
  • "No base pay, 100 % commission.(in 7 reviews)
  • "The pay was $8 for every $40 package sold.(in 5 reviews)
  • "after you pass the second interview they tell you that you'll be working mon(in 5 reviews)
  • "It's long hours for a short period of time and there's a lot of walking.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "texas"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cardio & Sales

Jul 20, 2016 - Brand Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Develop the confidence to approach just about anyone. Your legs will acquire endurance of a track star! Amazing right?! Wearing a fitness bracelet will tell you how many calories you are burning and miles you are walking, which you would be VERY happy with by the end of the day if you're trying to shed a few pounds!

Cons

You walk all day no matter what the weather is, rain, ice wind, 100 degrees, it doesn't matter. No base pay, 100 % commission. If you don't sell any ticket packages, you don't make any money. They lie and tell you they represent the Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers, very misleading. You have to go door to door, every door, even if it says no soliciting. You also have to solicit in very bad areas. They give you a map and highlight the ares you have to work. No reimbursement for gas, no benefits, no base pay. They lie about how you can move up in the company and they make you lie to new interviews. This company is a complete joke. Don't even know how it is legal.

8 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Client Representative

Jul 28, 2015 - Client Representative in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I only found a couple pros working for this company. The people I worked with were very fun and energetic and it really provided a great atmosphere. The only other pro I found is that it advances your communication skills. If you lack personal communication skills you will definitely improve by working here.

Cons

Where do I begin... First off you work 7:30-5:30 every Monday-Friday and 9-5 (if you're lucky) on Saturday. You make no base salary, strictly commission which isn't even that much (about 8 bucks per sale) so to make any decent money you have to try and sell your butt off every day to make it worth while. This is basically a "door to door" salesperson position, don't let them try to sugarcoat it and make it sound like you will be in this prestigious role. You wear business professional attire and walk around pre selected areas basically soliciting businesses in the Texas heat. If you don't make many sales you almost lose money by spending it on gas, lunch, and dry cleaning you need after sweating in your nice outfits. The only way to make money is by staying in this position for at least a year or more and HOPEFULLY moving your way up into the Assistant Director position, but accomplishing this is another tough task because you have to have a certain amount of salespeople also do good below you as a leader of a team. All in all, the long hours, walking, low pay and no transparency in the company make this a very hard job that most people cannot do. They have a very high turnover rate and it seems somewhat like a pyramid scheme.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your positive feedback on our company culture as well as our ability to enhance every day skills. It appears you were able to better your communication skills with our company and that is the purpose of our detailed training. We too agree that the energy in the office is a positive and a working one and we plan to continue these efforts every day. You had mentioned that our business operates similar to a scheme. We are sorry to hear this as this is not the intention of our training program. At no expense from the team member we invest a great deal of time into each associate training them on every day skills as well as best practices for future business leaders. It is our intent and mission as a company to build people up so that they may one day be confident and successful business leaders. As you've indicated that your communication skills have improved it seems as though we were able to benefit from our company mold. Thank you for your time spent at Connect DFW and we wish you luck in our job search.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run while you still can!!

Jan 29, 2015 - Client Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Develop the confidence to approach just about anyone. -Your legs will acquire endurance of a track star! Amazing right?! -Wearing a fitness bracelet will tell you how many calories you are burning and miles you are walking, which you would be VERY happy with by the end of the day if you're trying to shed a few pounds! -In the second round of interviews, you are told that you're going to be working closely with a top account manager which is basically you walking around going from business to business for 8 hours, lying to hard working Americans why they should buy your product which is by the way SOLICITING although they teach you that it is not IF YOU SAY IT A CERTAIN WAY. Oh and please remember that it was a "secondary interview" so you do NOT get paid for that :) -You will learn how to repeat things/"pitch" like a goat very well!

Cons

I wish I could show how much I abhor this system but let us continue with words and stay focused. First, they paint this picture of this grandiose pay offer that you will NOT receive. To be able to reach the numbers that they advertise as salary (WHICH IS SOLELY COMMISSION), watch the movie the wolf of wall street. If you feel that you can sell Leonardo Di Caprio the pen then this is definitely the job for you. You constantly have to lie (not so new for salesman) to boost your product appeal, you walk longer than a camel in a desert (and yes, scorched by the heat waves as much as the camel in this Texas sun). Oh and yea, have fun when it's raining and especially in the winter season!

21 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your feedback. Connect DFW strives to provide career opportunities for all in our community. We are a privately held company that operates in accordance with Texas state labor laws and strives to conduct business practices with integrity and excellence. It is understood that our opportunities are not for everyone as we attempt to fully inform applicants during the interview process of the job description. We also offer a variety of compensation plans that are based on several factors determined as well during the initial hiring process. Our Human Resources Department appreciates any feedback given. Please send any further questions or concerns to info@connectdfw.com.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do Not Work Here

Sep 25, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like soliciting this job is for you.

Cons

You walk all day no matter what the weather is, rain, ice wind, 100 degrees, it doesn't matter. No base pay, 100 % commission. If you don't sell any coupon books, you don't make any money. They lie and tell you they represent the Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers, very misleading. You have to go door to door, every door, even if it says no soliciting. You also have to solicit in very bad areas. They give you a map and highlight the ares you have to work. No reimbursement for gas, no benefits, no base pay. They lie about how you can move up in the company and they make you lie to new interviews. This company is a complete joke. Don't even know how it is legal.

13 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Connect DFW aims to always act in the best interest of both our clients and our team members. It is our main objective to provide an inclusive work environment with competitive career opportunities to all that join our team. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our company culture and growth opportunities. We do, in fact, also offer a variety of compensation plans that are based on several factors determined during the initial hiring process. We also offer various benefits plans for current employees. Please feel free to contact us at info@connectdfw.com with any additional comments or concerns.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don't Fall For It!!

Jul 5, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly employee staff and work atmosphere.

Cons

Very poor pay, ALL COMMISION after being told their was a base salary included, meaning if you don't make any sales you get paid NOTHING. No benefits included, as well as no gas compensation. You have to drive your own vehicle across Texas everyday and pay for gas out of your own pocket. Long work hours, be prepared to work 70 hours a week Monday through Saturday, 12 hours a day. Unethical company, told to solicit local business all day, and enter office buildings that you have no permission to be entering. Be prepared to walk in 100+ degree heat in a suit all day, and get criticized for eating lunch. Job description states "Sports Marketing Firm", but in reality you are dropped of in retail areas for 10 hours a day soliciting businesses. Even if you are able to make sales, it is not worth the time and effort of working 6 days a week for 70 hours. Absolutely no work life balance what so ever, probably explains why their is such a large turnover.

8 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with Connect DFW. We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide a work environment with competitive opportunities for advancement and career growth within the sports marketing industry. We appreciate your positive feedback about the friendly work environment and staff. We do also offer multiple compensation plans that are determined based on the initial hiring process and the qualifications of the employee. Please feel free to contact us at info@connectdfw.com with any additional comments or concerns.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews