Connect Hearing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits, PTO, decent pay scale (in 8 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, no weekends, nice testing equipment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Hearing care professionals and patient care coordinators are expected to make so many cold calls a day with a specified target of evaluations booked (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of transparency when hiring- a classic bait and switch when I was hired regarding the job description and duties (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - HCP in New Ulm, MN
    Current Employee - HCP in New Ulm, MN

Pros

I could not have been more impressed with everyone at Connect hearing during the hiring process. Very straight forward. I was impressed with the way Connect treats their patients as well as their employees! Everything had been top notch since I have joined the team. They continue to give me everything that I need to be successful. I am very thankful that we found each other. I could not be happier to be part of Connect!

Cons

Can't think of one yet.. I know that it might sound unreal but I really have not found one yet!

Advice to Management

Keep the support coming! It means more than I can say!

"Putting Bad Reviews In Context"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Pros

decent paid time off and salary
    quality technology in clinics
    some progress building career paths that weren't there before

Cons

dysfunctional leadership
    dysfunctional management
    expensive health insurance
    gossipy office
    some lack respect for field

Advice to Management

Develop local, non-Swiss leadership. Build foundations. Be realistic.

3. "HCP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Pros

I think Connect Hearing has great people to work for and co-workers are great, well trained professionals. We use best practices and our prices are so much better than similar concept competitors. We also can fit different manufacturers to a certain extent. I have a strong sense of fulfillment helping people improve their lives and knowing they are getting superior products and superior fits because of Connect's business model. Vacation time and salary are good!

Cons

Outbound calls, but I can handle it for the positive trade offs

Advice to Management

Keep improving as you have over the last 4 years and Connect Hearing will be number one as it is in Canada!

"Patient Care Coordinatior"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first time working in the hearing aid industry and I have found the position to be extremely rewarding, and at times challenging. However, the challenges have only supported my need for personal and professional growth. My Regional Director continues to support my growth by providing me with the tools needed to succeed.

Connect Hearing has a grassroots approach to marketing that some dislike, but that only encourages us to utilize our creative-thinking skills, and allows us to go out into the community instead of just sitting at our desk. My Regional Director really puts focus on "ownership" in each of the clinics, which gives us a boost of confidence that he trusts our ability to make the best decisions on a clinic level. Along the way he continues to support us, and clearly defines our expectations.

Cons

We need to collectively continue to work as a team, and communicate with each other. The Patient Care Coordinator position is no longer just a secretary job it once was in the past, and there needs to be a little more forward-thinking in regards to that past perception, and Connect really stresses that change in perception.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, and continue to support their growth both personally and professionally. Continue to challenge us and provide us with the tools to meet goals and exceed company expectations. Continue to improve processes, and encourage innovative thinking within the team at all levels.

"Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Willmar, MN
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Willmar, MN

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with Connect Hearing for 4 years and value the dedication that our Minnesota locations have. To make sure that every patient that walks through the door, is given the best opportunity to make their life change with being able to keep them connected to their family and their community. The staff at our clinics look at their patients as family and have been going out into the communities to help educate people on hearing loss so they can have the best quality of life. Accepting the position of Operations Coordinator was the best decision I have made

Cons

I do not have any regrets working for Connect Hearing and would highly recommend the company to anyone that is looking to make a difference in peoples lives

Advice to Management

Minnesota has one of the best Regional Directors a team could ask for. He goes over and above to make sure we are able to help ever person that comes into our clinic

6. "HCP / Clinician"

Current Employee - HCP in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - HCP in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at other Hearing Aid Organizations, I have solid comparison experience when I say if you are going to work with hearing aids and the hearing impaired, Connect Hearing is where you want to be. Pro's in my opinion are as follows but in no particular order: Excellent product line(s) and support, company culture is great, professional & friendly, fair compensation plan, competitive synergistic spirit, nice offices and my Regional Director is one of the nicest, most talented & supportive boss a person could ever ask for. Regarding the job itself, I feel what we do is one of the most rewarding career paths out there; until you have helped someone hear better and stay connected to the things in life they love, you may not understand why I say it's such a great career choice but it truly is.

Cons

Struggling to come up with any real "Cons". Let's be real; we are hired to do a job and are expected to do it. No company is perfect but Connect Hearing is a great place to get up and go to work each day. A con for some may be that the days can be fast paced sometimes without time to much of a break but I can tell you that is the case for my position at other companies.

Advice to Management

My primary advice to management would be to come up with a bonus plan that is a bit more motivating for our PCC's. Other than that, continue to hire top tier RD's that help lead our individual teams. I have a great RD and it makes all the difference in the world; actually enjoy coming to work each day (:

"Connect Hearing still has a lot to learn."

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary, 401K program, decent benefits. Wonderful employee and family discounts for hearing aids. Wonderful PTO program.

Cons

No marketing, they heavily rely on PCC's to reach out to all current patients to re-purchase new hearing aids after only 3 years, too many emails sent company-wide, micro-managing across the board, often HCP's and PCC"s are treated like we're a dime a dozen by higher management. You acquired our companies because we were lucrative and now you've turned us into a struggling company. What a joke!

Advice to Management

MARKET!! The company desperately needs to get new prospects. Chill on the micro-management and your silly promos. You make us all crazy. Relax on the 7000 emails per day....nothing you email holds any water because we are always opening up emails and it keeps us from reaching out to our patients like we should be doing.

"Horrible and unprofessional company."

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Naperville, IL

I worked at Connect Hearing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Overpriced benefits. You can take days off unpaid without penalty which you'll need a lot of to keep your sanity here and interview for other jobs.

Cons

Micromanaging. Strict break times. Strict lunch times. No flexibility. No ability to make up time. Very little PTO. All of the reviews on this site are true. Do not work here under any circumstances. You would be better off working a temp job than this job. "Connect Hearing" is ironically the most disconnected place from both their employees and the patients. Yes, they are commuting insurance fraud. They write off everything which will eventually catch up to them and cause the USA branch to collapse. This is an international company where overseas they do not have Healthcare like the USA -they have universal and social Healthcare so the actual company Sonova has no clue about working, billing, and collecting from insurances. The CEO is a conservative republican from Texas that has stripped the entire office bare and has made his employees military grade and robots. Their system is outdated and horrible. Things get misplaced due to the lack of electronic deposits and paper everything. You could literally submit the same thing over and over again because all management cares about is how many calls you made per day and "actions" or touches on accounts which is the stupidest thing ever. They don't care about you, how much money you collect, or how you do your job. Their training is a month long and covers NOTHING about your actual job. You have to teach yourself everything. There's no phone numbers or contact info for insurances no nothing. It's a joke.

Advice to Management

Give your employees their identity back and if you actually care about collecting money for your company start acting like it.

"Patient Care Coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Connect Hearing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I felt the hours and pay were fair and appropriate to the position.

Cons

I was working at the clinic as Connect came into the country in 2012. Prior to the acquisition, my clinic routinely sold 30 to 40 units per month. Not once, in the following 4 yrs did we come close to that number but most months we had zero units. This was due to an inability to maintain a clinician. It was a revolving door. From 2012 until my discharge, I worked with an excess of 10 clinicians. My patients suffered because of this. In addition, it became my responsibility to diagnose a non-working aid and fix it in-clinic or send out for repair. I was not allowed to adjust, even if it was turn up a notch. However, not having a clinician available, I was to have them drive hours away for a 5 min adjustment. The company did not take care of the clinicians but instead put them on probation to "up" their numbers. That leads to a myriad of problems beginning with marketing, which is laughable. The clinic was responsible to market themselves through community events, which is fine and dandy but not only mostly ineffective but also causing us to close the clinic. Ironically, we were limited to the event materials available to us was limited. What? Stingy with the pens much? Really? In addition and the most strangest marketing procedure in place is where the clinician and the PCC are pitted against one another. I had an expected number of evaluations to book each week, as well as patient calls and cold calls to get people to come in, however, when tested and not a sale, the clinician became under scrutiny. I lost a great clinician by doing this..had I known, I would've left the evals off that I KNEW were not a sale, but then I may very well have been let go earlier than I did.
    Micro-managing is a big deal with a lot of employees. They want all clinics to be exactly alike..I get it, but you know what, let's get money in to keep the doors open and help people hear! You should worry more about this rather than I put an appt in at 9 rather than 8:30. This company does not give any thought to our patients and THAT IS WHY THIS COMPANY IS FAILING! I was fired for a BS reason, most likely because I didn't fall in line. Oh..I had to do an assessment on my happiness with my employer and it was a tad negative. Really..i held back. It generated 2 emails, 3 phone calls, and a meeting with HR. Ironically, this was just a couple months before I was let go. I love and miss my patients and I wish they knew how to get ahold of me. I also know they will drop this company as soon as they can as they should.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach...Be in the business of changing people's lives by the gift of hearing. The money will follow. You idiots!

"HCP"

Current Employee - HCP in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - HCP in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time

Pros

I am an HCP and have been with Connect for a little over 2 years.... I have seen many changes in the relatively short time I have been with the company. For some change is a scary and for the most part people don't like it. However the changes being made especially the changes with in the last several months seem to line up better with the company's philosophy. The patient is the number one priority. Period bottom line. I have read several negative comments here that I disagree with. " Calling people and trying to get them to buy new hearing aids every three years" Wow really.... what you are really being asked to do is inform your patient that new and better technology has come around, allow them to "test drive" the new technology free of charge with no obligation to see if it creates an improvement in the patients quality of life. so that the patient can have the best information in order to make the best decesion they can for themselves. That is only addressing one comment however I can't address them all

Cons

As with any thing there is always room for improvement. There has been some growing pains. Sometimes you wonder what on earth management was thinking.... then a couple of weeks later it changes.... sometimes for the better sometimes not so much..... line I said above as long as Connect continues to make the patient the # 1 priority then everything will come out in the wash......

Advice to Management

Try and remember the the most successful companies are the companies that employees truly enjoy working for. A person who enjoys their job and employer can't help but stay motivated and do the best job possible