ConnectAndSell Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Beall

"CEO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ConnectAndSell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a fun working environment. Everyone is willing to participate to get the job done. The solution is hands down better than any other company.

Cons

We are growing and everyone wears multiple hats. We are putting processes in place.You need to be an entrepreneur at heart to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on key talent and employees. You should listen to your customers and senior employees to keep a pulse on needed everyday activities. Focus on people that have already accomplished what you are trying to achieve.

2. "Agent"

I worked at ConnectAndSell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work from home.

Cons

Based in calf but run by India they take your money there dishonest they make you work the hrs they want not what you want work like stated in agreement. I could write a book here on them.

Advice to Management

Get jobs back in the USA and stop the India people from taking advantage of the USA people.

"Notice the Date of the Reviews Because After Two Years, It SUCKS, Now"

Current Employee - Work From Home Agent in Stone Mountain, GA
    Current Employee - Work From Home Agent in Stone Mountain, GA

I have been working at ConnectAndSell (More than a year)

Pros

You can tell your friends that you are self-employed because you are an independent contractor, and that you call your own shots because the scheduling is so open and you are able to make bonuses based on your performance.

Cons

You are not an employee. You are an independent contractor, but you feel like an employee because you do not get the flexibility of technique and operation that a true independent contractor is entitled to by law. You are monitored in an unscheduled manner, sometimes in unknown capacities.

In order to work, you are required to lie and do strange phone response techniques with people, and you end up feeling stupid and or like a pariah doing them.

While you do receive a modest bonus for successful work, the possibility of it happening is completely random, at best, not guarantied, doubly penalized if you fail. In other words, you may get 20 chances for a bonus an hour. You may get none. But if you do get that bonus, mess up once, and you will have to get it two more times just to get back to where you were when you got it int he first place.

If you live in a state that pays more than 9$ an hour for minimum wage, they do not match it, per hour.

There is no career advancement for agents in title or for pay.

There is no real way to keep track of your bonuses. There is a way built into the system, but the first thing management will tell you is that you can't go by that because it "doesn't work." Yet, it appears to go up when you achieve your bonuses and go down when you err, or at least when their clients say you err.

From what I hear, they given the best opportunities their Indian agents. The company was Indian owned, from what I understand, when I joined, and is still, for the most part Indian run.

Advice to Management

I have none. As far as I'm concerned, if they're too dumb to read a review and not know what they need to fix, then I say the company really deserves what happens for hiring them.

As for the other things that might not be so obvious, Connect and Sell needs to pay me for a consultation.

"Director of Sales"

Former Employee - Director of Sales
    Former Employee - Director of Sales

I worked at ConnectAndSell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technology was distrupive and had a strong ROI, but it's now a water down version.

Cons

1. Management: three CEOs in four year. None with inspiring leadership skills or to stay on track with a strategic vision and associated planning. The 2nd CEO led put in handcuffs from the office, you can't make this stuff up.

6 VP of Sales / CSOs in four years. *Chad Burmeister leader of the failures of the Denver inside sales team (SAEs, AEs) MANDATED POSITIVE FAKE REVIEWS FROM HIS REPORTS. LOOK AT THE DATES CLUMPPED TOGETHER WHERE CHAD DID THIS. The entire India outsourced te boycotted and shut down all business for several days in protest in treatment by current CEO Chris Beall.

2. Customer base. Massive 80% annual churn rate.

3. Internal human capital churn. Life span: nine months on average. Decisions on employees based on discrimination, arbitrary nonsensical revenege type motivation; insecurities.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Shawn McLaren is not the Founder by several years of development of Nomea the former name of the company. Publicly available information of VC funding shows a company barely holding on. The three CEOs and six sales leaders I dealt with changed course every 6 months. With the equity early members of the company have, likely hoping for a full house cleaning and PE Stabilization. Get back to the core values and technology. ConnectAndSell went from attracting great enterprise talent and big wins with a disruptive evangelical product to being overtaken by competition and now using low value appointment setting strategy rather then focusing on effective human capital, evolution of the core product, a massive shift from top Silicon Valley enterprise talent and geographically based tenured talent that won business to low level inside sales for at least semi sophisticated evangelical sales process.

Abandon ship and certainly don't board this sinking vessel.

"Dead End Job With No Appreciation"

Pros

Work from home, make your own schedule, but you have to fight other agents to get hours with a clicking war every Thursday night..

Cons

Repetitive work with no variation in the job you do, no way to advance with the company or receive raises, shady business practices, very secretive company, you never know what is going on, the way quality of work is rated is highly inconsistent, you might get 20 feed backs in a month then none for a year or more. This company prays on people who need a flexible schedule and they get stuck with a low-paying job with no way to advance and no compensation for their hard work. Pay and tax documents have been late and incorrect numerous times.

Advice to Management

Even though agents are contractors at least pay them their state's minimum wage. It is wrong to expect people to work for less than that. Appreciate your senior agents and give them some kind of incentive for staying with your company for so long. Provide more information about the calls we are making and stop outsourcing our hours so we can actually work for a living!

"My experience"

Current Employee - Agent in Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - Agent in Woodstock, GA

I have been working at ConnectAndSell (More than a year)

Pros

Making your own schedule everyday is a plus, and the work is very easy although monotonous. The $1 incentive for every call connected is also nice to have.

Cons

The work can be very uninspiring, no motiviation. The people you get calls from can be rude some times. It would be nice to know what a call was about before transferring so you don't seem like a sales person/telemarketer or making cold calls (people will accuse you of being a telemarketer). Also the pay is very erratic, you never know what day you will get paid only the week, very unorganized. This is definitely a job to have in the meantime while you're looking for something else.

"Phone Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ConnectAndSell (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home when there hours available

Cons

I have worked for this company for nearly 5 years. 60 hour workweeks in California to make ends meet.The minimum wage increased in 2016 to 10 dollars an hour.For one year straight I informed management on the yahoo messenger of my need for a pay increase and was brushed off and given the runaround everytime.It got to the point of begging for an increase and speaking to the HR woman.She also gave me the runaround and the whole speech about contract stating 9 per hour. You are micromanaged if you work too many hours.The application also keeps track of how many transfers you get and you are rewarded one dollar for a good transfer and penalized two dollars for bad transfers.I had up to 800 per month and was the top employee in this company yet they would deduct commission from my score for good calls.I would compalin and for 3 years they said that their score did not work. Now I can no longer work 60 hour workweeks because I didnt book them on their stupid site they post them on because they are gone in seconds.This is what I get for loyalty.And you have a huge tax bill each year.They steal from and abuse their best employees and the worst thing is their clients or pitchers don't know the half of how we are treated.

Advice to Management

Treat your senior agents with respect and offer pay increase and rewards as well as seniority to the hours offered.It is unfair for an agent working 60 hour weeks at high volumes and prodution to have to compete with new agents for hours and make the same pay rate.Absolutely disgraceful.

9. "This job is what you make it."

Pros

This is a consistent job. You sign up for hours. You work them. You get paid. The management is very understanding and will work with you. Anyone complaining about taxes, clearly does not know anything about being an independent contractor.

Cons

The pay schedule is not very desirable. It would be nice to be paid on the first, regardless of weekends. Other than that, there are not many cons. I would recommend this job to anyone.

Advice to Management

If the national minimum wage goes up, the pay for this position should go up. I know that in some states, the pay is less than minimum wage. Maybe management should consider this in the future. In my state, it is more than the minimum wage.

10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at ConnectAndSell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun dynamic working environment. Great pay with even better upside for advancement. Growing company with very smart leadership. You get to sell a unique product which is very exciting. Some call ConnectAndSell revolutionary.

Cons

Startup growing pains. Sometimes new ideas are implemented prematurely.

Advice to Management

Take more time to think through your ideas on where you want to take the company.

ConnectAndSell Response

Aug 1, 2015 – VP, Sales & Marketing

Thanks for posting! It's fun when 100% of the AE team hits quota in Q1 & Q2, and Reps are able to make money, and change the world at the same time. We're glad you enjoy working for ConnectAndSell! ... More

11. "Legitimate work-from-home job."

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at ConnectAndSell part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can do your job from any place that has a phone and internet access. The company is for real and never shorted me on money for time that I worked. You can work a lot of hours or not depending on how you schedule yourself. The management staff are mostly very friendly and easy to work with. ConnectAndSell is growing and problems are being ironed out.

Cons

The job gets very Very monotonous. The company is somewhat secretive and it is sometimes hard to understand what an agent is supposed to say or do in certain situations and why. There didn't seem to be any way to get raises or promotions. The "script" doesn't contain good responses for a lot of situations and this can lead to some very awkward conversations.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep improving the applications, process, and management style. Let go of the telemarketer mentality and have agents present themselves as legitimate assistants because that's what they are.

"Hello Mr.X? Good day sir. Mr.Y is calling." <transfer>

ConnectAndSell Response

Aug 1, 2015 – VP, Sales & Marketing

Thanks for providing your input, and for pointing out that "the company is for real and never shorted me on money for time that I worked". For many agents, we're told that they enjoy this type of ... More