Cover image for ConnectWise

ConnectWise

Engaged Employer

ConnectWise

Add a Review

ConnectWise Employee Reviews about "connectwise"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

70 Comments

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ConnectWise~28267
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ConnectWise and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "connectwise"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place

Sep 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoy your career at ConnectWise. Good place to grow

Cons

Growing fast with all the acquisitions

Director HR Operations

Thank you for your post, I agree that ConnectWise is a great place to work and grow! We are proud to offer great opportunities for our colleagues and it is so exciting seeing them advance in their careers!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Newer hire

Jun 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a newer hire with ConnectWise (less than 1 year). Despite working remote, I really feel like I am part of the team and feel like I have been here for years. My team has been so welcoming and seem to care about (and respect) me as their teammate and friend. Our leader is supportive of our team and people outside of our group and knows our area of specialty as well as the business so well. Onboarding was so good and I appreciate the amount of training we have had to help immerse us into the culture and set us up for success (It feels good being called a colleague instead of "employee"!). We had ongoing check-in's with the onboarding team so we could ask questions and share some of our experiences. The benefits are good (unlimited time off!). Seems like there's a lot of opportunities to get promoted or move into different roles here so you can learn the business. I have been with other companies who brag about being transparent and having great communication channels. So far, ConnectWise is the best company I have worked for especially when it comes to transparency and the amount of and quality communication we receive, via email, team meetings, and a monthly video call with our CEO (it doesn't feel "corporate" and its really informative!)

Cons

There aren't any cons at ConnectWise.

Director HR Operations

Thank you for your Glassdoor post. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you are having a great experience as a new ConnectWise colleague. We are grateful that you joined our CW team!

3. Join the ConnectWise team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very smart people and very crippling culture

Jan 12, 2021 - Quality Assurance Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody at ConnectWise is very bright, and most of them are nice friendly people too. They also pay pretty well for the Tampa area.

Cons

The culture is very traditionally corporate (I mean that in a not good way). There is an obsession with formulating expensive and detailed plans for the future only to have them destroyed a few days later. There is also a lot of policing in the sense that you are not allowed to do things outside your job description. It all makes for a very boring company where you can't change anything, help others, take ownership; you are just a cog in a machine. On another note, there is a lot of snitching (not to imply actual guilt). I have had personal incidents and have heard experiences from others where somebody would report somebody to their boss for some under-performance without confronting them, even for things that were not their fault or misunderstood. And for clarification, I was a five-star employee at my job before this one: I am not some loser that has a tendency to under-perform.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, many learning opportunities

Jun 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with an amazing team at ConnectWise and learned so much. I am grateful for all of the learning opportunities I had at ConnectWise. My career wouldn't be the same without my experience at ConnectWise. The company invested in my training and allowed me to purchase materials to do my job better, and we always had a lot of fun outings and meals out. I also enjoyed the laid back, comfortable feeling of working there. The people were fun to work with and knew how to have a good time but they were still hardworking, highly proficient, and passionate about their jobs.

Cons

The salaries are low for the industry and ultimately that is why I left. I am able to earn much more in a similar role.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Promises Unkept. Direction Unclear.

Feb 19, 2021 - Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came into Connectwise as part of an acquisition and was happy to see that there was some positive culture left from before the Thomo Bravo acquisition. I could tell that my immediate manager actually cared about me and I heard similar things from other teams (in contrast to my feelings about executive level). Coworkers are pleasant and fun to work with.

Cons

Promises made to customers and employees have consistently not been met. This is now the expectation internally and externally. The overall attitude among the team when a new process or product is announced, "oh yeah, this again. It'll change direction by next year." Seems like that is an accurate assessment. Customers generally have a negative view of Connectwise due to poor support in the past and this seems to continue to be the case based on feedback from customers I've heard. The direction of the sales org, and specifically security sales, is not defined at all. For instance, nobody know what SKUs mean what and in most cases they are not available. As a SE, I received a lot of unqualified meetings which resulted in general confusion among the prospect and us. Pay is low for the industry.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love My Company

Aug 6, 2021 - Finance in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Respectful. Encouraging, Flexibility, Family Oriented, Transparent, Rewarding, Growth, Opportunity, WFH, Hybrid, 401k match, benefits, unlimited PTO, Team Outings, Wellness

Cons

There are very few cons with ConnectWise. There is a high turnover due to reorganization which can be stressful. Moving too fast has upset many Partners.

Director HR Operations

Thank you so much for your post. I am so pleased to see your list of all of the "Pros" with working with ConnectWise, especially our culture and great benefits. We are excited to offer a few new benefits for 2022 during open enrollment which will include Cancer & Critical Illness and Pet Insurance. Your comments listed under "Cons" and "Advice to Management" is something we are addressing and we welcome your continued feedback. If you have specific ideas as to how we can address the "cons", please feel free to reach out directly to the appropriate leader or to me: dana.malin@connectwise.com if you are unsure who to speak with directly. I want to thank you again for your feedback and hope to hear more from you in the future.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lost Its Roots

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ConnectWise is catching up with itself in terms of growth and acquisitions. There are growing pains with adapting and implementing new processes to better align the company. The colleagues make ConnectWise a great place to work and once the growing pains stabilize there are lots of opportunities on the horizon. Top Perks: - WFH/hoteling -- you can be fully remote or work in one of the regional offices -Unlimited PTO -401k matching

Cons

The other side of the blade with ConnectWise's growth is the transformation into a "corporate" mindset. ConnectWise always functioned with a startup attitude even as the company grew. This led for a lot of room for individual ownership and creativity. More and more controls are being put in place so this culture is rapidly changing and turnover across teams is high. Work life balance is difficult when more and more colleagues are being onboarded offshore with a +9 hr timezone difference. Meetings happen at non traditional times and US schedules aren't modified (meetings routinely happen at 6/7am AND 6/7PM). Communication is difficult even within a team and the company still operates with a US focus so our non-US colleagues struggle with communication lags. Communication across department leadership is a challenge. Senior leadership is good at communicating with each other but the communication waterfall down to middle management and frontline teams has serious gaps. Entry level and senior leadership pay is competitive, but if you are in a mid-career role, pay is below average. Previous to pandemic, we lost some of the nicer perks like lunch stipend and departments got severely limited budgets for things like group bonding events or training. I used to hear "ConnectWise is a fun place to work" and now never hear that sentiment. It has definitely impacted morale across the company.

5 people found this review helpful

ConnectWise Response

Global communication has certainly been a learning curve! We're committed to doing better in this area, and have instituted programs like our monthly leadership calls where all of our leaders can get the information that needs to be shared throughout the company. There is a monthly briefing that is distributed to our leaders for talking points with their teams. We're still hosting our monthly company call for all of our people, and we encourage our colleagues to ask questions during that program. As for the fun...it has been tough not seeing everyone's faces for so long! We've hosted some in-person town halls in our different locations, and we're working to bring the fun back- remote and in-person.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They Run Off Good People

Sep 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and fun culture.

Cons

They manage by the book of the month club. Very little support for people who don't jump into the "ConnectWise way". Stuck in the "this is how we've always done it" mentality.

4 people found this review helpful

Director HR Operations

We appreciate you taking the time to post. We do have so many great colleagues here and an extremely fun culture. I welcome a chance to talk to you further about the cons you listed and any suggestions you have to make changes. Please reach out to me at Talent@ConnectWise.com.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

What Was Good is Gone

Apr 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You’ll probably make good friends. A lot of people make lasting and long term friendships while they slave away. They’ve dismantled the rest of the perks.

Cons

The management of this company is only out for the money. The prior leadership team cared somewhat for the employees. This cannot be said for Jason Magee’s LT. Favoritism is the only currency that matters and if you dare suggest changes, you will be blacklisted. The Human Resources Team is incompetent and out only for themselves. They can and will talk about you after confidential conversations. Some of this is carry over from a past regime of HR but when you don’t remove the cancerous employees and instead promote them and their incompetence, the bad behaviors will continue. If you are sexually harassed (and trust me - with the amount of alcohol around - you will be), reporting it won’t matter. Cover ups occur frequently and again, the Human Resources (“Talent”) Team won’t do a thing about it. The lunch stipend and 401k matching from past reviews have gone away. There is no career pathing. Wages are low and stagnant. Stay away. This place is going downhill and will only get worse. The smart (and best and brightest) have or will soon jump ship. Know that a lot of 5 Star Reviews from the last year or so are seeded reviews. ConnectWise encourages people to post positive reviews, sometimes for gift cards.

23 people found this review helpful

ConnectWise Response

I am so sorry this was your experience here. I know that people are struggling under these current COVID conditions, and there is a lot of anxiety around the unknown. While we can't correct the past, I'm more encouraged than ever about our colleagues' and leaders' responses to our current situation. This company is poised for great success post COVID, and I look forward to getting there with our top performers!

11. 1.0
    Current Employee

Connectwise is a sinking ship

Apr 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I’ve seen, especially now that they’ve taken away the 401k match and lunch stipend.

Cons

This is one of the most mismanaged companies I’ve ever worked at in my career. Everyone from the top down is disorganized, some are flat out incompetent and they don’t really care about you as an individual to any degree. Jason Magee is one of the worst spoken people in the industry. Not engaging at all. New hire Clint Maddox has completely ruined an otherwise good sales organization. He implemented a ton of completely unrealistic goals and he’s promised to fill our pipeline to 3x and we can barely find anyone to sell too. He’s not approachable at all. Walks around like a robot. Over 20 sales people have already left this year with likely many more to come. Tons of empty promises and lost wages for people who have traditionally been successful. If you’re one of their “chosen few” you get all the leads from the BDRs and a hand picked territory and account list. The rest have no one to sell to. Marketing insists there are tons of leads that are lost. Company acquired Continuum likely to absorb the competition and SOC and Help Desk. Otherwise no one at Connectwise cares about Continuum employees or products from what I’ve seen. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here. They will suck the life out of you and mentally wear you down to the point of poor health. You can’t ever believe anything they say and they truly don’t care about you.

21 people found this review helpful

ConnectWise Response

As the chief talent officer, I want to start this response with a giant THANK YOU to our sales team. I've never met such a dedicated group, committed to getting our amazing products into the hands of the IT Nation. It is truly inspiring. This team has experienced a lot of change in the last few months. I know the CRO personally, and I can say with full confidence that he is committed to getting this right. It might not happen overnight, The people who are willing to weather this storm with us will reap the rewards. We'll be thoughtful in our approach, and getting it right will take some time. In the meantime, I am so very grateful for the incredible work our sales team is doing!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews