Cover image for ConnectWise

ConnectWise

Engaged Employer

ConnectWise

Add a Review

ConnectWise Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Jan 13, 2020

70 Comments

Tech

473K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ConnectWise~28267
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ConnectWise and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Don't Forget to Consider the Fringe Benefits

Sep 30, 2019 - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently had the opportunity to attend a concert at Amalie arena here in Tampa in the ConnectWise suite and was blown away by the experience. The suite was stocked with a wide variety of food and beverages and the view was awesome! Our suite is situated just left of center ice, and as an avid Tampa Bay Lightning hockey fan, I cannot wait to watch one of the 41 homes games this season from the ConnectWise suite. When people are evaluating a company for benefits, they usually focus on compensation, medical, dental, insurance, etc. and not the fringe benefits like fully stocked kitchens, free lunch, and the opportunity to watch hugely popular events from a luxury suite… but they should.

Cons

I would personally appreciate a more flexible work from home policy.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Continuous Transformation

Sep 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ConnectWise is a diverse and maturing organization. Some common positive points I've noticed across teams and offices: -Great team culture -Free lunches/snacks -Team/Department/Organization events [work hard, play hard!] -Continuous focus on making our products better for partners (customers) -Hard working colleagues throughout the organization who always give 110% toward their jobs >In rebuttal of other posts, there is no benefit or campaign for colleagues to post positive reviews on this site. I am not part of the HR team.<

Cons

Overall, ConnectWise is a great company. The path to keep the company "great" as a growing and maturing company has come with some growing pains. These pains stem from merging and redefining internal teams, change ignited from internal initiatives, and the occasional communication challenge. These "cons" are not unique to this company (just browse through the "business section of Amazon books!). However, these challenges might be frustrating if you like complete autonomy in your work. ConnectWise is focused on the TEAM to lead Partners (customers) to success. Because of the "team" mindset, there is not much, if any, flexibility for remote work. You will be expected to show up in one of the offices for normal work hours. In the IT industry this can be a little frustrating as telecommuting is increasingly common, but there is a strategy behind it. Culture drives a lot in ConnectWise -- which is not so much a con as a statement, but can become a con if don't want to adapt or commit to company values. I have seen some who leave ConnectWise because they just couldn't deal with the culture [i.e. if you want a formal workplace that is always quiet, ConnectWise is probably not where you will thrive].

2 people found this review helpful

Culture Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion on how the company is progressing. To get feedback from a colleague that has been around so long and truly seen the extent of our transformation is a wonderful opportunity for us. The culture of the company is the bedrock on which we stand and have built the business that we run today; it is spread across all teams and offices. We have grown so fast in the last couple of years that we have had to deal with the growing pains that go along with it. The process of merging the teams, cultures, and attitudes of individual companies that were all successful is a messy process that takes time and effort from all our colleagues, but has been so rewarding for all of us. We do run our business out of the “team” mindset. All teams interact with each other; it is the cooperation of our colleagues that allows us to be so successful. This is built directly into our company culture because we hire and keep colleagues that are hungry for quality work, humble enough to share that success with others, and smart enough to cultivate those relationships for company-wide achievement. You are right in that sense: colleagues are our greatest assets and we will continue to provide them with every opportunity we can! If you have any more feedback to give us, please feel free to send notes to culture@connectwise.com or put a note in one of our many suggestion boxes. People like you help make this company one of Tampa Bay’s top places to work!

3. Join the ConnectWise team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing sales culture

May 31, 2017 - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great energy on sales floor Great Sales Leadership Ability to make money if you are willing to work for it Free lunch stipend Free snacks and drinks A causal environment where success is rewarded

Cons

To much process being introduced Harder to do the same things that used to be easier Company as a whole not as aligned as sales

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Executive Assistant & Team Lead

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working on our Sales team. As a company, we strive to provide our colleagues with an optimal experience so they can innovate and love what they do. While processes and procedures can feel like restrictions, they are put in place to make the company work better as a cohesive unit. Whenever we change a system or structure within ConnectWise, we do so after carefully reviewing the effects it will have on our colleagues, partners and company. Our strategy and mission are posted around the office, communicated via roadshow tours, and discussed in our town halls so that each colleague can clearly see what direction we are heading. At times, it can be difficult to see how this alignment is working for other departments and teams. Every team is unique and comes with its own strengths. That is why we work so hard to unite each division through procedures, processes, and goals. When each team brings their strengths to the table, we are able to achieve transformative things. If you have any concerns you would like to discuss, our top leaders (our CEO and COO included!) have open door policies. We also look at our suggestion boxes regularly and review all emails that go to talent@connectwise.com .

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a great culture and incredible opportunities to succeed!!!

Dec 4, 2014 - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with a great culture!!!. Management (CEO, COO, VP of Sales) gave a roadmap for the future of the Company and its employees at the beginning of this year and have executed on all of those plans. I don’t know of many companies that share that kind of insight into the business and let everyone know how crucial their part is in making it happen. • Everyone of us has stock in the company • They provide free lunch every day. • They provide free breakfast every Friday. • We have Waffle Wednesday. • They have a mid-year trip for top performers. • They have Passport to Success/President’s Club • They have a ridiculous amount of sales overlay positions to help us get to our numbers • All RSMs have at least 1 BDM (Business Development Manager) aligned to their territory (some have 2) • All RSMs are mapped to and get paid on what their Territory Account Manager closes • We are paid a Salary and Commission • They pay bonuses for being at 100% for the quarter (or basically for doing your job) • They pay Quarterly bonuses and Annual bonuses • We do a lot of sales outings (a couple a Quarter) • They reward top performers with reserved parking spaces • They provide a ridiculous amount of career pathing opportunities (but with no cliques and no guarantees – it is up to you to seize the opportunity).

Cons

My commute to work, which really has nothing to do with the company, but that’s the only thing I can come up with.

Director of Community

ConnectWise is committed to your success and the success of our partners! I personally love to hear colleagues get excited about the career path opportunities and how they work so well with their teams.

6. 4.0

Great Company

Aug 17, 2015 - Marketing Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our first and utmost goal is to help our partners (our customers) by "being obsessed with partner success," and ConnectWise does just that with something so simple. Hire smart, hardworking people, take care of them and they will take care of your customers. ConnectWise is a fast-growing company so things change in a matter of months/weeks/days. But if you like the fast-paced environment, it's great. Between the positive, fun work environment, free lunches, quarterly bonuses, activity challenges, on-site events (like yoga or other learning opportunities) during lunch time, and many other benefits, ConnectWise is definitely one of the best places to work in Tampa.

Cons

As with any company, there are some cons. Personally, I think where ConnectWise lacks the most is with their vacation/sick time policy. Due to the very limited number of sick days, colleagues come to work sick (when they really shouldn't) and then spread the love, which creates an ongoing cycle of sickness. Occasionally it would be nice to work remotely, which would actually solve the "sick time" issue. Advancement opportunities within the marketing department are not very clear, but I know that's something upper management is working on.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of Community

Thank you for the constructive and thoughtful feedback. Your voice is heard. The PTO/sick time policies are under review and I'm glad that you observe leadership working to create opportunities for colleagues to advance in their career in your department. That is a focus all around. Thank you for sharing.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Went through some changes, the Future remains Bright!

May 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Great culture. The people here are amazing. Unlimited PTO. Free Lunches. Many strong leaders with open eyes and ears. Post-Acquisition equity payout was amazing!

Cons

ConnectWise has had an interesting and exciting 2019. It has been a new challenge but things are looking very promising as we look into the future. We all have a lot to learn and many processes have a lot of maturation that need to take place, but many colleagues are working very hard to get us to where we need to be. TB's advisory role has already helped make great strides toward making CW even better

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic...Run Away

Nov 8, 2019 - Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Free lunch, nice office

Cons

Run far away from this company. It's toxic culture will destroy your life. When the executive team is having affairs and sleeping with everyone in the company, it's hard to maintain a professional work environment. This behavior seeps down through the rest of the company and create a frat house culture. Every ConnectWise event revolves around alcohol. They bring in alcohol on random Fridays to drink while you're at your desk, drinking at team events, happy hours multiple times a week, unlimited bar taps at their larger events, bartenders onsite for big announcements, etc. People are getting drunk, going home with each other, sleeping with their managers and coming to work the next day and bringing the drama to the office. Sex, drugs, alcohol and partying is the focus at ConnectWise. Don't bother going to HR, they are probably drunk at the event themselves. Beyond the party culture, the company has no competent leadership, no processes, no best in practice ways of doing anything. Managers are getting promoted into their roles based off of favoritism or who they're sleeping with. They are ending up leadership positions with no leadership experience and no leadership training. Salaries make no sense and are randomly assigned. Some people are grossly underpaid and some are grossly overpaid. Merit increases are insulting. They will promote you and give you more responsibility but give you a 2% raise because there is "no budget." Oddly enough there seems to be plenty of money to spend on alcohol though?

25 people found this review helpful

ConnectWise Response

I am sorry this was your experience! We do foster a culture that celebrates success, and we've had a lot of it this year. 2019 was a big year for the ConnectWise family, as we were acquired in March (giving us the opportunity to look at some big strategic moves ), and then ConnectWise made key acquisitions recently. We're a company that embraces a strong culture, great colleagues...and exciting changes. It looks like you've moved on-- we wish you the best in your next company!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, fast growing, and upbeat

Dec 4, 2014 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here 3 years came from Support over to the Account Manager side. Coming to work makes me happy each and every day. I think of it as a home away from home. There is an outing once a month/quarter that the whole sales floor is invited to. Free lunch at 2 locations. Stocked kitchen with snacks and fruits. The sales floor is full of excitement, be in the beginning of the month or the end when stress is at its highest. Immediate managers will back you up, be it when you have made a mistake or when there are involved discussions within the various departments about a partner or an issue.

Cons

Health insurance is not all the greatest, but through the years has improved. I can only hope with the growth expected it will be better. 24/7 organization can be both pro and a con. As a global company some may have to work late hours or early hours to accommodate the rest of the world. If you are open to having flexible hours this is the perfect fit

Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. The perks are great and you have been lucky enough to be on two stellar teams - support and sales! Keep making suggestions for improvements with regards to insurance - it's always a challenging balance to strike with such a large company. Thanks for all of your contributions!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Upbeat, exciting, and growing like crazy!!

Dec 3, 2014 - Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best pro about working here has to be the amount of opportunity for growth. Since the company is growing so fast, there is opportunity in every area of the company. Whether that be in engineering, marketing, sales, ect.... You get free lunch every day! Awesome money saver. Also there's tons of snacks/drinks that are free all the time. I enjoy working with the sales team because they have an in it to win it attitude. They will do whatever it takes to help you succeed and everyone works as a team. It's not one person after another (although there is definitely competition to be the best).

Cons

Working in sales can mean long hours, which we definitely do here. The end of the month/quarter can get stressful but that is the same with any sales job you encounter.

Director of Community

Sales is stressful by nature, and I encourage you to seek out the 1-on-1 meetings with your leadership. Everyone has a vested interest in making sure everyone is successful! Keep it up!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Thriving Company Post-Acquisition

Mar 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many cool things happening at ConnectWise! In addition to the free lunches, tuition assistance, and team outings, the senior and executive leadership are friendly, outgoing, and engaged. You'll definitely find a niche and feel at home here, as the company actively demonstrates that it values a diverse workforce. Work-life balance is important, and the company wants all colleagues to be able to take breaks from work when needed, so ConnectWise has a flexible time away policy which is pretty much like unlimited PTO.

Cons

Due to the acquisition, the company had to let some really talented people go. Breaking teams up always hurts morale, but the company tried to handle the whole thing in a professional way. The mood around the office is slowly returning to normal.

2 people found this review helpful