Cover image for ConnectWise

ConnectWise

Engaged Employer

ConnectWise

Add a Review

ConnectWise Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Nov 11, 2019

70 Comments

Tech

473K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ConnectWise~28267
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ConnectWise and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work hard, opportunity to grow & have fun

Oct 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity Fast paced, dynamic culture Great employees/friends Free lunch

Cons

Growing pains from a process/operational perspective Tend to tolerate low performers for too long instead of moving along Can require long hours

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Continuous Transformation

Sep 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ConnectWise is a diverse and maturing organization. Some common positive points I've noticed across teams and offices: -Great team culture -Free lunches/snacks -Team/Department/Organization events [work hard, play hard!] -Continuous focus on making our products better for partners (customers) -Hard working colleagues throughout the organization who always give 110% toward their jobs >In rebuttal of other posts, there is no benefit or campaign for colleagues to post positive reviews on this site. I am not part of the HR team.<

Cons

Overall, ConnectWise is a great company. The path to keep the company "great" as a growing and maturing company has come with some growing pains. These pains stem from merging and redefining internal teams, change ignited from internal initiatives, and the occasional communication challenge. These "cons" are not unique to this company (just browse through the "business section of Amazon books!). However, these challenges might be frustrating if you like complete autonomy in your work. ConnectWise is focused on the TEAM to lead Partners (customers) to success. Because of the "team" mindset, there is not much, if any, flexibility for remote work. You will be expected to show up in one of the offices for normal work hours. In the IT industry this can be a little frustrating as telecommuting is increasingly common, but there is a strategy behind it. Culture drives a lot in ConnectWise -- which is not so much a con as a statement, but can become a con if don't want to adapt or commit to company values. I have seen some who leave ConnectWise because they just couldn't deal with the culture [i.e. if you want a formal workplace that is always quiet, ConnectWise is probably not where you will thrive].

2 people found this review helpful

Culture Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion on how the company is progressing. To get feedback from a colleague that has been around so long and truly seen the extent of our transformation is a wonderful opportunity for us. The culture of the company is the bedrock on which we stand and have built the business that we run today; it is spread across all teams and offices. We have grown so fast in the last couple of years that we have had to deal with the growing pains that go along with it. The process of merging the teams, cultures, and attitudes of individual companies that were all successful is a messy process that takes time and effort from all our colleagues, but has been so rewarding for all of us. We do run our business out of the “team” mindset. All teams interact with each other; it is the cooperation of our colleagues that allows us to be so successful. This is built directly into our company culture because we hire and keep colleagues that are hungry for quality work, humble enough to share that success with others, and smart enough to cultivate those relationships for company-wide achievement. You are right in that sense: colleagues are our greatest assets and we will continue to provide them with every opportunity we can! If you have any more feedback to give us, please feel free to send notes to culture@connectwise.com or put a note in one of our many suggestion boxes. People like you help make this company one of Tampa Bay’s top places to work!

3. Join the ConnectWise team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to gain experience for career

Aug 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Match 401K up to 4% Free lunch daily Free (unhealthy) snacks Free coffee Easygoing, laid back work environment Casual dress daily Yearly trips for top performers Friendly colleagues Decent PTO Paid holidays

Cons

Low starting salaries with minimal raises No remote work options Healthcare benefits aren't great Limited training for specific roles Lateral moves available but very limited options for promotions Outdated laptops that break a lot Experiencing a lot of growing pains

5. 4.0

Account Manager

Mar 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun! Great People to work with!

Cons

Growing pains and inexperienced leadership for the size of company.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Lots of Change!

Oct 30, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of snacks and free lunch, fast paced, young crowd

Cons

Lots of change, company was going through some growing pains

Director of Community

Growing pains are bound to come with fast growth. We will continue to listen to our colleagues and share a positive outlook as the change comes. Thanks!

7. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Jul 21, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passion and fast growth, lots of opportunity

Cons

Growing pains, benefits not competitive

Director of Community

Passion is something that is definitely seen throughout the company. We will continue to review the benefits to make sure we remain competitive.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people make a great company

Jun 20, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team building/colleague bonding events Opportunity for professional development Executive management focused on colleague and partner (customer) success Management open door policy

Cons

Rapid growth causing growing pains in operations Increasing lack of work + life balance as workloads increase due to revenue growth Resistance to working from home options unless you are working overtime

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Love it here! Great opportunity to be successful.

Jun 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, attentive leadership and family atmosphere. We definitely work hard play hard and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have the freedom and autonomy to schedule out my day most effectively while still focusing on our partners success. Great benefits.

Cons

Poor change Management and poor internal infrastructure. Growing pains show because of the lack of change management.

Director of Community

I know there has been a concerted effort to bring more process and consistency around change management. I know that the team is open to hearing suggestions. Please speak up and share your insight! :)

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Directors aim to be popular rather than get results

Jul 9, 2016 -  in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits. Arnie the CEO is a very good guy, as is Adam the CRO.

Cons

Awful culture, with even worse management. The director of my department acted like she was never cool in high school, and her department was her chance to finally be the cool one. Saying yes and always being in agreement was far more important than producing real measurable results. The company has serious growing pains and major territory issues between departments.

11 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, great mission, great company

May 11, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ConnectWise is a young company with a lot of vitality. There's always something to do, and the perks aren't bad either. From a fully stocked kitchen, to free lunch at our cafes, to fun company sponsored events, I really feel valued. Leadership is transparent, and gives us all an opportunity for our voices to be heard.

Cons

No opportunities to work from home, which many high-tech companies offer. A few growing pains, but nothing compared to other organizations I've been a part of before.

Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that looking to other high-tech companies gives us insight into what lies ahead for ConnectWise. Telework does come up from time to time, and though it's not a part of what we do right now, keep sharing and breathing innovation.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 Reviews