Connecticut Children's Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "ER Tech"

Former Employee - ER Tech
    Former Employee - ER Tech

I worked at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, great co-workers. This was a great job to get experience to go back to school for nursing, PA/NP/MD etc. They offered tuition reimbursement which was super helpful.

Cons

No complaints, this was a great place to work.

2. "Great company to put on resume--not so great to work for"

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time

Pros

Well-known and respected organization to put on your resume.

Cons

They pay their executives top dollar but all lower-level employees are replaceable to them.

"Management is destroying what used to be a great place to work"

I worked at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work itself is rewarding. Kids are great! There is still great group of employees, though they are leaving in record numbers.

Cons

Management. Period. CCMC is so obsessed with obtaining magnet status and they are losing all of their most experienced and knowledgeable employees because of it. I’ve never seen such a hemorrhage of staff. If my children required emergency or critical care, I would not trust CCMC.

Advice to Management

Awards and certifications are meaningless if you’re doing things for the wrong reasons. They mean nothing if you step all over your staff in order to obtain them. This will compromise patient safety and someone will suffer for your mistakes.

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time

Pros

Flexibility, great people, great cause

Cons

lower rate of pay compared to other companies

5. "Facilities Associate"

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of Coworkers with in the hospital

Cons

Upper management has chopped benefits to next to nothing and do not take into consideration feedback from employees who have been there from 5-20 years in length. An entire management team from CEO has been put into place in the past year

Advice to Management

Listen to your staffing who has been there to help since day one rather then continue to abuse them

6. "Comparable Place to Work"

I worked at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time

Pros

Amazing opportunities to work with patients and families

Cons

Salaries lower than other area facilities; Minimal opportunity for growth within

Advice to Management

Need to be more transparent

7. "Surgical Coordinator"

I worked at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time

Pros

working with the kids is great

Cons

management is not good at all...

Advice to Management

take better care of your employees

8. "Billing Associate"

Current Employee - Billing Associate in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Billing Associate in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Connecticut Children's is an excellent place to work. Great managers and co-workers.

Cons

Sometimes the work load can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep up then good work you are doing

"So far.... so good...."

Pros

All my experiences so far at this job are much better than the last one I had! Ethical practices here at this organization are top notch, and it comes as no surprise to me that CCMC has been named a best place to work for in our state in the past. My feeling is that the administration at all levels of the organization genuinely care about their employees’ welfare and well-being. Management at this organization is very ethical and fair, and I feel like they also value their employees’ ideas and opinions. There’s none of that corporate mentality or vindictive behavior which I’ve seen at other places that I’ve worked at in the past. All of the people who I work with, whether as colleagues or in administrative roles are able to accept constructive criticism rather than taking things personally. That is always an added plus and something which I think is extremely important at any place that you work at, regardless of industry or sector. Something else which I was pleasantly surprised by during the first few months of my employment here was how thorough and organized everything was!! There seems to be virtually nothing that doesn’t have either a specific procedure or set of operation codes attached to it. Everything right down to the most simplistic and basic of operations has been meticulously thought out in advance with patient safety always being their main priority. Pay and benefits here at CCMC are just average but I feel like there is still opportunity for career growth later on. One of the best benefits offered here at CCMC in my opinion is the amount of generous vacation time offered. Even for someone relatively new to the organization, I feel like there is quite a bit of vacation time which I’ve already accrued. Of course the biggest positive to working here are the children!! Isn’t that why we all got into this line of work in the first place? Seeing all of them grow and show their strength and resilience lights up my heart each and every single day!!

Cons

Even if I strained myself to think of one, there aren’t very many which stand out as immediate issues or problems right now. Some of the equipment here could always be better and upgraded with technology that’s more efficient and modern. Pay raises could also improve a little more. Other than that, I would say there is not much at this time which needs to improve or change. Hopefully my opinion will remain unchanged several months (or years) from now!

Advice to Management

Technological advances do need to be made with some of the equipment. Some of the machines and equipment do need to be upgraded with more modern and efficient technology. Pay raises could also be a little bit better, in my opinion. Benefits offered through CCMC are pretty good, but I do think that the tuition reimbursement benefit could be a bit more competitive.

10. "Patient Access Associate"

Current Employee - Patient Access Associate
    Current Employee - Patient Access Associate

Pros

The environment is awesome. Doctors, nurses and the rest of the staff make Children's Hospital a great place to work at.

Cons

Seeing the kids struggle and in pain