Connecture Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Connecture Chief Executive Officer Jeff Surges
Jeff Surges
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home / schedule flexibility (in 20 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, ability to work from home and small pockets of effective, passionate teams wanting to make a broader impact (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Brute force work mentality leaves employees burnt out and looking to leave - no Work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Good people left due to reorganization 3 times in the past 5 years bringing new CEO's (in 3 reviews)

1. "I want to see this company succeed"

I have been working at Connecture full-time

Pros

Flexible, pays well, nice people.

Cons

Very stressful at times,

"Chaos and More"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

*Work from home / schedule flexibility

Cons

*no real growth / developmental opportunities
    *use the wrong criteria to promote some individuals to people managers. Just because a person might have been organized in her/his individual contributor role, does not validate that he / she makes a good director / people manager. Some Nabagers are the reason people leave organizations. Pay close attention.. The Director is not always right..

Advice to Management

*Stop trying to be friends with everyone and hire people to get the job done.
    *Training and development would be nice.

"Mixed Feelings"

I have been working at Connecture full-time

Pros

Life / Work balance; schedule flexibility

Cons

Just because a person is organized in their day-to-day work does not mean that the person is a good manager. It's important to me that I am empowered by a manager and I learn something from the person. ... not regressing. Some people are just not good managers. They may be able to help and train people in their current role that are in similar roles.. I've found that when someone doesn't know anything about a given field, they tend to not embrace the benefits that the field brings. For someone passionate about a respective field this can be disheartening.

Advice to Management

It's very true that a manager can have a HUGE bearing on employee turnover. Really take a look at what type of manager you are aligning others with and if they are really bringing value to the growth of the respective individual or hindering growth..

"Was a great place 5 Years ago"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Connecture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and PTO. Flexible work schedule at times. Some really good people to work with in certain areas.

Cons

Grew way to fast without a sustainable growth plan. Good people left and were replaced by incompetent people. Constantly changing upper management who do not have the industry knowledge to lead. Once the company went public the only concern was for the bottomline and began to cut staff and benefits. Culture and moral is very low these days.

Advice to Management

You need to listen and talk to employees not the upper management you seem to rely on.

"Really bad growing pains."

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Connecture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to work from home. The folks you work with are generally great. The amenities available are top notch.

Cons

There is great seismic rift separating upper management and the folks below. The communication gap between areas is increasingly growing to the point where it prevents deadlines being met.

They are also incredibly resistant to change - if the suggestion to change was brought up from anyone not upper management, it falls on deaf ears until said upper managers decides to implement the same idea themselves.

Since going public, they've cut costs which means they've cut bonuses. Many really good people have left for this simple fact alone. We've worked incredibly hard in the past year and there were no bonuses paid out.

Advice to Management

Pay folks market value and for the love of god compensate the demanding work you put on them. Take care of the employees and they in turn will take care of your precious clients.

"Sr. Manager, Client Services"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Client Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Client Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Connecture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company pays well (meets industry standards) and has flexible hours and work from home abilities. Relaxed dress code and casual atmosphere.

Cons

The company burns out employees at times. I have seen time and time again, where people are leaving due to the work-load, and the company does not hire a replacement, rather shifting work to others already burdened. Another concern is that there are no definable incentive plans or traceable MBOs. All bonuses are at the "discretion of the company" and performing well on reviews guarantees nothing. Reviews tend to be very subjective and based off of a few core categories that are not fact based, but perception based.

Advice to Management

This company really needs to work on their approach to product. The product has issues, and is generally engineered to "demo well during sales, but not be a fully-baked product on the whole," which trickles down to the client teams and the project teams. The company also needs to stop doing so many customizations, as they create major problems and keep clients off the product road-map.

"Good People & Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good place to work. Learned a great deal & grew my experience in my field. four words left now

Cons

I can't remember anything that really sticks out in my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"not a good place"

Former Employee - Not Saying in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Not Saying in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Connecture (More than a year)

Pros

no micro management. casual dress, free coffee that's about it Nice building. Filtered water. cant think of anything else

Cons

chaos, if you like wondering if you will have a job on a daily basis this is the place for you. they received money to create jobs only so they could send all jobs off shore. so much integrity...NOT. The company is Top heavy. Do not leave your job to come here in hopes of this being a good place. Only come if you have nothing and need a pay check. look aggressively for other employment

Advice to Management

take care of your employees and they in turn will take care of YOU

"Growing Company in Good Industry"

Current Employee - Lead Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Connecture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Growth, Opportunities for Advancement- If you work hard and take on new challenges there are definitely opportunities for advancement. This company is also in a growth industry and is gaining new business quickly. Additionally, I am able to work from home as needed and it really helps me out when I am not required to be in the office every single day of the week (you can coordinate your work from home days with your boss).

Cons

Work Life Balance, Training- This company is in a growth industry and is writing SOW's faster than it can keep up at times, which on one hand is good, because it means that the industry needs our software and services, but the downside is that what the Sales team promises are sometimes more than the Implementation team can deliver right away.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be a higher priority for new recruits. Please make sure you aren't burning out your resources. From what I hear, 2013 was one of the worst years for Work-Life Balance this company has ever seen (dut to Affordable Care Act legislation).

"Overworked, under paid. Treated like cattle. They sell you on this family environment, but it is a lie."

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Connecture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

telecommuting, casual dress. Quarterly company outings

Cons

Frequently lay off when financially challenged. poor pay. Make commitments to customers and dump on employees to complete. Sweat shop.

Advice to Management

start practicing what you preach. You do surveys seeking input from the employees, but fail to listen to it. Get a formal SDLC with real designs, and system documentation. Update your technology. Quit making acquisitions and make what you already have work.