Connelly (CA) Reviews

Updated May 11, 2016

1. "Great culture"

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Connelly (CA) for less than a year

Pros

Management is patient and very helpful. They were very flexible with my school schedule. I enjoyed my 200 hours here. I would recommend it for anyone that is looking to learn about the human resources department.

Cons

It was just an internship.

Continue reading

"Anything with Cydcor is rubbish"

Former Employee - Account Manager/Trainer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Connelly (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe the working skills obtained from doing sales jobs. Nothing else.

Cons

The company has been shut down because the manager has committed a tax fraud. Just think about the money he stole from us.

"Rewarding Career"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Connelly (CA) full-time

Pros

I would recommend working with Connelly if you're a recent grad, looking for growth, or anyone simply looking to expand their skill set. I enjoy working with a team of motivated people who genuinely care for everyone's success. I love that ist' non-seniority based and I have been privileged to travel for company events in the 1 year that I have been here! The culture is amazing! Everyone is really motivated and high energy. I have grown not only on as professional level but also as an individual.

Cons

Working here is not for someone looking to clock in/ clock out. You have to work hard to grow and develop.

November 1, 2015Human Resources Manager

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Here at Connelly we continually look to provide opportunities for individuals recently graduating from college. We do have strong expectations for our employees to continually work hard and continue to test themselves in different areas of the company.

"Where winners learn to win in business."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Connelly (CA) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about the company is the compassion that the boss has in comparison to most jobs in Corporate America

Cons

Not a real "Con" but you have to work hard everyday, there is not enough time for you to take off.

November 1, 2015Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Although at times we can attest to your response to negative feedback, but we understand sometimes we can learn more towards our growth as a company from those who did not achieve the things they set out for, in comparison to the individuals who have achieved great success with our company. We wish you continued success and hope we can fulfill all of the goals you have set out to achieve with our organization.

"I Fell for the Lies"

Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Connelly (CA)

Pros

Connelly knows how to boost moral, they're exceptionally fantastic at it and it's probably what they do best. There's team nights and occasional business trips (paid completely out of pocket) and at the end of every day, there is a chanting ritual where we applaud each other for doing well enough to get paid that day.

Cons

The moral boosting is to fool their employees into staying. This company is based on nothing but lies. My boss here completely made up this "hardworking American Dream" story as something inspirational for the new hires. He said he was a manager at a bank making six figures and chose to pursue to be a career at Cydcor, Connelly's parent marketing company (GOOGLE THE HORROR STORIES). If you've even been at the company for two weeks, you'll realize that no one in their right mind would EVER leave a high paying job to work a door to door, wannabe AT&T solicitor (that's not even guaranteed to pay you every day). A lot of the clients that we work with throughout San Diego called me complaining about getting ripped off, screwed over and losing their company telephones/internet connection. Their business was completely fine until I came in and signed them up for commission. AT&T is evil and Connelly (and Cydcor) is evil for being ok with that. And all my boss said to me was "block their numbers". We even found out that he was withholding commission from us, despite the "I'm always here for you" attitude he gives you. The ones who are there longest will tell you our boss "is loaded, he has so much money" but it's all a fake lie for you to believe--they want you to long to be in his position (in other words, stay). There's no seniority in the company, but people are promoted when you train someone and have enough people to start an office. The people above you get bonuses when you do, so that's why it seems like everyone is sticking by your side, trying to help you get through these unnecessary hard times. Even if our boss did have money, he's not giving it to the people working for him. The way Cydcor works is that they promote managers based on how much is in their Cydcor bank account. They want to see that their managers are doing well (giving a pep talk every single week--that's when I started catching on); making sure that their offices are bringing in a lot of applications and money, meaning that all your job related expenses are paid off by you (ie. plane tickets to business conferences, gas, etc.). It's a shallow job with terrible people. I'm so fortunate to have found another job and move on. Your coworkers seem supportive but when you reflect after you quit, you realize how cold and money-driven greedy they are. Stay away.

November 1, 2015Human Resources Manager

We really appreciate your feedback. It is always disheartening when we have any employee who works for us that has a bad experience with company. We are continually looking to improve our office for all employees at our company. It is very concerning that you believe you were misled in any way shape or form, and would greatly like the opportunity to clear up any misconceptions. Please reach out to our director at 858-694-0304 at your convenience if there are any problems with compensation earned or the employment process you had. It is very concerning to us that you state you had issues with your customers, we would adamantly like you to reach out to us on this topic as well. We work for one of the largest companies in the country because we pride ourselves on maintaining the exact opposite with our customers. I can say we have an extremely high amount of Account Managers that have excellent customer service and success with your customers, and when you state you had issues with your customers, we look at that as a reflection of our training with you, and would like to fix things with our customers, as well as get any training feedback from you so we can solidify things moving forward. Once again we are never happy when individuals have a bad experience with the company, but we do wish you the best of luck moving forward with your new position.

"Multi-Level Marketing"

Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Connelly (CA) for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working here because this is not a real company. It is a 100% commission based door-to-door sales job.

Cons

Connelly Inc. is a multi-level Marketing Company. Basically that means that it's a door-to-door sales job that is 100% Commission based. No insurance,no gas allowance, even though you're expected to drive all over San Diego, selling AT&T services that people don't need or want.. They lie about basically everything. They promise a quick promotion and a path to management but all that path really leads to is working an extra couple of hours a day and no pay increase.

May 20, 2015Human Resources Manager

We really appreciate your feedback; we are disappointed that you had a bad experience with your time at Connelly. It seems that you have a lot of misconceptions about our company, and we take that seriously. We look at this as not only a reflection of our hiring process but also our training regimen, and will adamantly do everything in the future to have more certainty with our employees. Due to the misinformation in your post it is clear to us that you did not work very long for our company, but we did want to address some of your concerns directly so it is clear for any applicants considering applying for a position with our company moving forward. The position does entitle commissions tied with all compensation options. There is a base salary plus commission option for employees who choose this particular compensation package over a 100% commission option. I am sorry that you feel like AT&T's services were not beneficial for the commercial customers in the area, but we are proud to have AT&T as a client. They are the leading provider in San Diego for telecom and we have a plethora of customers who we meet with on a daily basis that are very pleased to have AT&T as the business provider. As far as gas incentives, outside of the obvious mileage write off, allowance here is often times at the discretion of our director, but there are weekly quotas given to receive this type of benefit. In regards to the promotion opportunities, you can progress quickly with our company, since all of our promotions are based off of personal performance, and there are absolutely incentives to the promotional scale including increased compensation. But of course, like most companies as you progress, you would be expected to take on more responsibility with the company, hence 'promotion'. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck finding another position that is better suited for yourself.

"Terrible Workplace."

Former Employee - Direct Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Connelly (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. Literally that is the only pro of this company. That's sad. Absolutely no other pros unfortunately...

Cons

Worst training for anybody ever. Worst organization ever. Seriously not a professional company at all to work with especially if you are looking for long term work. Work shouldn't make you upset to have to come to that job every day and none of no trainer knows a single thing of what you even did so the training is all over the place, off and I never learned anything. They sit in their office while you go and work your butt off. This bad review doesn't do justice as to how lame this company is. I have worked FAR better jobs than this. That and not to mention you have ZERO energy after the entire day. That's not fair and the work place should never have you working so hard and be unorganized and all over the place. They confuse you and don't even know what they are doing. Not to mention the fact that when I get back to the office I just want to get home but there is some praising ceremony to be done. Who cares. Just do your job and get paid that's what a job is there for you don't have to string me along like a baby and keep encouraging fake happiness just to keep people "motivated" because you wont. The company is a failure and just lures people to do the dirty work the office goers don't want to do. Who cares if you are a higher level, if that is the purpose of the job why aren't you out there with us helping out, we can all manage our own selves well. Instead sitting in their offices and being ignorant of everything pushing stupid and seriously invasive tactics for their business. Glad I left. 1 word for them is ignorant. Whatever response the company may leave for this review, excellent for you I hope you get a nobel peace prize and drink shirley temples with george bush. The reality of it is that this company wasted 2 months of my time I could have worked at a company that didn't screw me over so hard. I stressed so hard there because they were not clear on the job details and literally made only 500 dollars in the entire time I was there. I was so mad about the pay situation so many times to which ends no one helped and the boss just gave a simple and short and cold answer. If you read this, don't work for this company. Whoever writes anything positive is sucked into the suck. This isn't success. This is a failure at its highest. I hope I wrecked your day Connelly Incorporated because you sure shuffled 2 months of mine down the drain with your poor communication. And my car had its window cracked badly while working for you and I get nothing out of that but more money out of my pocket and more frustration, and a stubborn boss who doesn't care what you have to say. Rude, and expects work out of you for the worst pay ever. Where does pay come from? Work! Where does work come from? A Worker! How does a worker know how to work? Absolutely proper training and not almost an entire month of the worst and laggiest training anyone could ever have just to realize this is a job they fool you into thinking you are doing something amazing and are "successful" There is no success in this job no matter what you make, you are continuing to stay in the same "Groundhog Day" spot and digging yourself deeper by working here. The worst part is wanting to quit but knowing to keep happy and keep it up because thats the point of the job is to brainwash each other into being happy. Why is Google such a successful company? Because they have a strong company grounds that is relatively free for comfortable use for the programmers. yet they just drag everybody along at the same exact time and do mass training. They care more about quantity than quality. Unfortunately and to me greatest frustration, at the end of the day, I was not even up after the job, I was completely under by $900

November 1, 2015Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We are very apologetic that you had a bad experience with our company and hope at this juncture that you have found a career path better suited for you. We are very concerned that you feel like your lack of success was a reflection of our training. Any time an employee works for our company and is working hard and eagerly trying to obtain the necessary skills to have success, we know that is a training issue on our part. We have made great strides since your departure to improve this area of our company and apologize that you do not believe you received the proper training when you were employed. We are flattered to have any reference to Warren Buffett, Jay-Z, or Google, since these are companies/entrepreneurs in the top 1% of our country, and if we can succeed to have even a portion of their success in business we would be very pleased. One major concern is the attention received from our director, he would appreciate it if you reached out to him, because this is concerning and he prides himself in being more available to his employees then most individuals in his position. Once again, best of luck in your career moving forward.

"Fun people, potential opportunity within 1-2 year's time, but you better get a second job to pay the bills."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Connelly (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people, positive atmosphere, potential opportunity to run your own branch in a year or two if you're willing to meet all of their criteria.

Cons

Expect to make about $100/day on average if you're good. You'll have days when you work your tail of for $ There are no benefits whatsoever. Some of the high performing employees still hold second job just to make ends meet.

May 20, 2015Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback in regards to your experiences with our company. We understand that working a position with commissions tied to the compensation can be a greater challenge at times, and truly wish we could have done more with our training regimen to help you have increased success while you were here. We are extremely pleased to hear that you did enjoy the atmosphere, as well as your co-workers. We take any and all feedback extremely serious, and are making continual strides to continue to improve as a company. Good luck in your next endeavor.

"Great opportunity for anybody looking to further their job experience or career."

5.0

I have been working at Connelly (CA)

Pros

Best thing about working at Connelly is the atmosphere, everybody is so friendly! First job I enjoyed waking up to go into work in the morning.

Cons

Challenges come with every job. If you're not willing to put in some hard work and learn new skills, then you're in for a tough going.

May 20, 2015Human Resources Manager

We really appreciate your feedback. We take a lot of pride in bringing in strong character individuals to make the office environment enjoyable for all those who work with us. Hard work is the cornerstone to having success in our business, and once again thank you for the feedback.

"I have been with Connelly Inc. for a few months now and it has been an incredible experience to this point."

5.0

I have been working at Connelly (CA)

Pros

This position is great because your success is a direct result of your personal work ethic and motivation. Any individual that is looking for an opportunity to advance quickly within a company and is willing to work hard will succeed here . You are not micro-managed and there is no seniority which provides opportunities for rapid growth within the company. Connelly Inc. provides every individual with a great support system which sets you up for success which is all you can really ask for from any employer. I was looking for an opportunity for a real career and that's what I found here.

Cons

People that face the biggest challenge are the ones who are either lazy or lack motivation. If all you want is another 9-5 desk job pushing papers then this probably isn't for you. However, if you enjoy interacting with new people everyday and have real goals for yourself then this is the perfect opportunity for you.

November 1, 2015Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves to have a structured company were an employees efforts and work are a direct reflection of their success and progression with the company. Keep up the hard work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.