Connexion Systems & Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken DiMaggio

1. "Unlimited opportunity and earnings potential in a first class working environment"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Sudbury, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Sudbury, MA

I have been working at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Limitless income potential if you're willing to put in the time and effort
    No micromanagement and ability to work a full desk if you choose
    Great work/life balance and flexibility
    Supportive owners who provide their employees with all of the tools needed to succeed in a very competitive marketplace.
    Newly renovated, state of the art office space in Sudbury with flat screen TVs, a putting green, ping pong table, coffee/snacks.
    Overnight holiday party and dinner at the Liberty Hotel, Red Sox game, golf outings, incentive contests, etc.

Cons

Talent shortage - not enough qualified candidates to fill all of the open positions we have to work on

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Connexion has extremely talented professionals in both its Sudbury and Quincy locations and is poised for huge growth in 2017 and beyond.

"Great Place to Work | Unlimited Success"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Quincy, MA

I worked at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Connexion for 3.5 years before pursuing a career in Healthcare. The pros include Leadership, potential for growth, an uncapped commission plan, culture, and work-life balance. Connexion instills a sense of teamwork in all of their employees. This stems from the leadership. The senior management at Connexion will be your biggest advocates, cheerleaders and mentors -- Follow their lead and you will be VERY successful! Company has had a complete turn-around from past years and is on an upward spiral.

Cons

Typical cons of working in the agency world (unreliable candidates, etc.) ... nothing specific to the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in Training and Development

"Excellent Opportunity for Recent Grads"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Connexion has a very fun and teamwork oriented work environment. I recently graduated from college in May and applied to Connexion and a few other staffing agencies in the Boston area. Connexion by far was the most relaxed, fun, and helping work space I saw (out of the 5 agencies I interviewed at), and overall is simply an outstanding opportunity for young, ambitious, and hungry individuals who love to see success out of their hard work instantly. The commission structure is truly limitless, the only real limit I find is lack of hours in the day. There is ping pong table 5 feet away from my desk, and if i ever feel stressed throughout the day I simply turn to one of my coworkers and without even saying anything we throw down. Where else can you find that kind of atmosphere? I can honestly say I can be myself every day, and not try to be some rigid corporate structured individual in a suit who is told exactly what jobs/industries he can and can not work on. This company gives you so much freedom and dexterity in what jobs and industries you can work on, and by doing so I have learned so much in the little time I have been here, which is my favorite part of the job. I would highly recommend anyone who is a recent college grad and interested in seeing what recruiting is all about to apply to this company and check out the environment for yourself.

Cons

Occasional time lapses in communication between large companies and smaller, precise agencies.

Advice to Management

My honest advice is to keep doing exactly what you are doing because it is working. This company is growing at a rapid rate. I have learned so much about exactly how every industry in this country operates, as well as how the entire job itself market functions. I appreciate this opportunity more than I can describe in this little paragraph.

"Complete Opposite of Most Staffing Firms"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA

I worked at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One great Recruiting Manager and an excellent HR. Birthday cake and ice cream.

Cons

No bonus structure, commission is hard to get. Everyone is working on the same thing and the majority are low end roles with little to no markup. Company moral is awful and there is constant bad mouthing of/by/for every member of the company.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter because all advice is moot. A lot of listening and no action.

"don't go there"

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Sudbury, MA

I worked at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are none to speak of.

Cons

Extreme micro-managment
    work place environment is too open noisy and distracting
    Unrealistic expectations.
    unfriendly culture

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people who have souls

6. "Very friendly and helpful recruiter, no benefits."

Former Employee - Desktop Engineer in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Desktop Engineer in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Turned in hours weekly.
    Recruiter stayed in touch.
    Very friendly

Cons

Contract positions
    No health insurance
    Hard to get some types of paperwork

7. "It's great if you're one of the guys"

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Sudbury, MA

Pros

As a small company, your achievements can be noticed easily. Open office environment means ideas can be shared easily.

Cons

Too much favoritism. One of the partners is extremely unprofessional, and prefers to ride someone he doesn't like until they quit rather than discussing this in a professional manor. If the other partners did not condone this activity, the issue would not be so glaring, but it honestly appears that they feel that is his role in the organization.

Advice to Management

Reconfigure ownership. Some of the partners are truly talented and amazing. Others are liabilities. Invest more in outside training. While there are some very talented co-workers, the outside input might be refreshing.

"Truly a great place to work!"

I have been working at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time

Pros

everyone here is incredibly friendly and welcoming
    free snacks! & laid back office
    supportive environment - whenever I have questions or need help someone is always willing to help me
    great commute
    they do place high quality candidates and take pride in their work

Cons

I really cannot think of anything

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

9. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time

Pros

great people and work environment

Cons

unfortunately did not last long enough to really have any comments on that

"Nothing but great memories!"

I worked at Connexion Systems & Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty surprised by the negative reviews, when I worked here I had nothing but great interactions and experiences. The core team has been with the company for at least a decade, they are welcoming and fun and easy going and more than willing to help the new guys. There was never a day when there wasn't laughter and comradery in the office. The partners at the company treat their employees like family, with tons of outings and trips and all sorts of incentives to push their employees to strive for better. I, unfortunately, had to leave to go back to school, but had that not been the case I probably would still have been working there. Great team, great company, great management!

Cons

At the time of my employment the only con was the look of the office itself, however, they recently renovated the entire office, it looks incredible. Very modern and inviting.