Connexions Loyalty Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Lazear

Pros
  • Great cooworkers, good life-work balance, you are allowed to work from home once in a while (in 3 reviews)

• The call center has a very comfortable atmosphere (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's extremely frustrating to see good people either let go or move on due to the carrot and stick (in 3 reviews)

• Poor communication around company challenges & personnel changes (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great team that is getting burned out"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Connexions Loyalty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great cooworkers, good life-work balance, you are allowed to work from home once in a while.

Cons

Seems that there is no planification and sometimes managers agree with unacomplishing deadlines setting the team for failure.

Advice to Management

Keep talent within the company by treating them with respect and allowing them to do there work.

"Strange culture...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Connexions Loyalty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The performance goals were very doable. I was never worried that I am working not fast enough. It created a comfortable work environment where I worked at my own pace. It is very important when compared with other companies where you cannot get up to go to the bathroom because you are losing two minutes of productivity.

Cons

Very strange company's culture... Noone says hi at the kitchen area or in the elevator. There were no bonding events that would make easier to get to know other employees and make friends. Almost noone eats at the dinning area, people prefer to eat at their desks. I found it to be a really strange environment. I felt like I was not working in a team but alone. During my employment I have never received an official feedback about my performance. I was told that if I do something wrong, then I will find out about it fast from the management.

Advice to Management

The company needs to improve its culture, team communication and a communication between manager and an employee on a regular basis.

3. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Pros

Nothing much to say at this point because I just started working there 4 days ago.

Cons

Benefits and incentives sound great but seems difficult to earn incentives for performance.

Advice to Management

Not enough time to form an opinion.

"Great Work Environment, High Turnover."

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Connexions Loyalty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great work culture, the people who work at Connexions are knowledgeable and great. HR is super helpful in almost anything you need help with. The social team puts on great events to get employees to bond over more than work related items.

Cons

Low pay, high turnover, no real opportunities to move up in the company.

"Connexions's"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Boise, ID

Pros

Good pay, advancement opportunities, great benefits

Cons

I was told I was too personable and that I needed to tone it down, also... don't love the clients' policies and procedures... you couldn't say certain phrases without failing yOur call

"Excellent Place to Build a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

I've seen mixed review and this site but I have had nothing but a fantastic experience at Connexions. I am surrounded by the most talented, dedicated, and hardworking individuals I have ever had the pleasure to know.

I enjoy being surrounded by colleagues that push me to develop and grow, I love how accessible the management and executive team is, and more than anything over the last couple years I have loved watching the culture shift to a a company that is never satisfied with what it is already doing and always asking what can we do next.

I sincerely enjoy coming to work every single day.

Cons

None that I feel strongly enough to type more than 20 words about.

"Don't work here, you've been warned"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Connexions Loyalty (More than a year)

Pros

Close to the highway
    Sometimes got free lunch

Cons

Overworked
    High turnover
    Archaic business process

Advice to Management

Take what you've been doing and do the opposite

"Travel Sales"

Former Employee - Travel Sales in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Travel Sales in Boise, ID

I worked at Connexions Loyalty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid on time. Steady work. Pretty decent sales training for entry level people so you can start here and move on to bigger sales jobs. Thats what i did.

Cons

Management sit and listen to all of your calls and point out where you need to get better yet they don't take calls themselves. How you gonna tell me how to do my job when you won't pick up the phone and take a call. Management doesn't have your back and will throw you under bus. I took calls in Spanish too and made a whopping $.25 cents extra. Forced overtime. Forced added job duties. Basically more work, little increase in pay. Not a whole lotta good vibes.

Advice to Management

You think you so smart why dont you put on a headset and take calls for 8 hours and ill critique you and see how you like it.

"Everything that glitters aint gold"

Current Employee - Travel Fulfillment Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Travel Fulfillment Specialist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Connexions Loyalty full-time

Pros

As a Travel Fulfillment Specialist in the Richmond office all I can say that is positive is the happy hours of beer and wine at work, and also the pay is decent as well.

Cons

Also as a Travel Fulfillment Specialist I deal with the Director of Accounting (Dictator) specifically with poor training, poor communication from upper level management down, management not open to new ideas, severe Favoritism (I'm one of the favorites but still its disgusting), Termination of HARD WORKING/RELIABLE employees because they don't fit managements personal agenda (High Turnover Rate, 4 employees terminated from Accounts Receivable division in the past 3 months) leaving remaining employees overworked, SO MUCH OFFICE POLITICS, false promises in interviews about cross-training and advancement opportunities, MICROMANAGING to extreme measures (i.e. writing individuals up for being 1 or 2 minutes late, only select individuals of course, all the while we're so behind in our department), Supervisors are just placeholders no real leadership or direction from them, and to add insult to injury the systems and software are outdated and even when new systems/software are implemented they barely work (IT always has a task to work on). Overall the managers I deal with that are over the Travel Department are selfish and all about a personal agenda, if you don't follow in line with their non-negotiable ideals and be one of the "good ole boys/girls", I can guarantee they'll find any small ridiculous way to fire you (The main reason they have so many available openings now).

Advice to Management

Remember that we are here to work, we may not like each other personally but if someone does a great job consistently KEEP THEM, RETAIN RELIABLE EMPLOYEES WHO QUESTION EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DO A PROPER JOB! Listen to our concerns/feedback about the software, systems and processes, we're trying to do things RIGHT AND EFFICIENTLY! STOP the Micromanaging, I don't think if someone consistently comes in 1 or 2 minutes after their scheduled time when we are behind in work about a month or 2 warrants a write up or termination, AND if so put EVERYONE under the same microscope! If you all want to decrease your high turnover rate invest in the WORK, be open to opposing views, and most importantly invest in the people who don't just follow the leader all the time, stop blacklisting or terminating the thinkers because your ego can't take it.

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Connexions Loyalty (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Was a great company until Affinion changed everything

Cons

Overworked, Under paid, Treated like robots. While the immediate management cares about employees and for the most part vouches for the employees who are also SEVERLY underpaid the big wigs at Affinion don't care. They only care about the bottom line and do not understand the long term effects of every bad decision they have put in place over the past few years.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth and you wont have a revolving door of employees. There are other travel based companies paying $6-7 an hour more to do less work and that's where all of your senior talent is going. If this doesn't change you will continue to loose your most knowledgeable talent.
    Better planning would solve a lot of issues. Connexions was a success in the first place because the company had the best practices in the business before Affinion Group took over. Affinion Group needs to let the operation managers in charge at Connexions run the business because the Affinion decision makers clearly do not have any idea how to operate a travel business for the long term.