Connexity Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 21 Mar 2019

3.5
Connexity CEO William G. (Bill) Glass
William G. (Bill) Glass
Pros
  • "We also get free lunch catered from different local restaurants every day - which is a great perk(in 51 reviews)

• "Open, collaborative work environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "You can not approach any senior management because they are all friends of managers and won't listen to you(in 7 reviews)

• "Their business model is sensitive to how search engines react to industry trends(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great company, culture, benefits, and perks!"

I have been working at Connexity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture filled with people who care about your emotional wellness as well as professional growth. Lots of great parties and events throughout the year- AND THEY GO ALL OUT. Great for team building and getting to know one another. Charity and volunteering opportunities too! Getting back to the culture, the work environment is relaxed and comfortable, daily lunches are free (!!!), and there are always snacks... and cereal too (not to mention bagel Mondays)! Benefits are VERY generous - I've never paid so little for my (great) benefits in all my life. Oh, and did I mention flexible time off? It might not be everyone's preference, BUT I LOVE IT! I never feel pressured not to take time off if I want or need to. It's a massive weight off my shoulders. Management is great and very supportive - and if there are ever any issues the HR team is the MOST open, understanding, and RESPONSIVE in making sure everyone works well together. The CEO is gracious, generous, and very communicative with all staff.

Cons

This is a con for some, so I'll mention it. The company does move VERY quickly. It's the nature of the industry. For what this company is, and for how it treats its employees, it's definitely worth a shot if you have been considering joining the team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for keeping those lines of communication open at all times. It's truly appreciated.

Connexity2019-03-21
  2. "ok"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Connexity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very young and fun corporate culture

Cons

Management didn't communicate well with staff.

Connexity2019-02-20
  3. "Poor management"

I worked at Connexity

Pros

Free lunch? Good health insurance.

Cons

Incompetent management Biased treatment No real technology

Connexity2018-11-09
  4. "finance"

I worked at Connexity

Pros

great management team and corporate culture

Cons

lots of acquisitions and restructurings

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Connexity2018-03-13

"Great Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Connexity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hands down, best culture around. Frequent company events promoting fun team building (often themed with a costume), charitable giving and volunteer opportunities, relaxed work environment, low cost health benefits, unlimited flexible time off. More "traditional tech" benefits such as free lunches and cereal bar are also available.

Cons

Acquisitions can create uncertainty, though that is the nature of working in a tech company that is always looking to improve the business and take on new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Advice to anyone: Flexibility is key. The ability to hit the ground running with new tasks and focus on the positive aspects all around.

Connexity2017-12-12

"From my viewpoint"

I have been working at Connexity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere; approachable leadership; adequate transparency; challenging environment.

Cons

To early to know at this point

Connexity2017-11-27
  7. "Good company with agile management"

I worked at Connexity full-time

Pros

I like Agile methodology for software development. During my tenure Shopzilla used it well. As a result, communication flowed accurately, respectfully, and effectively. One can rate a company according to its perqs -- and I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere and liked my colleagues -- but being effective in your job, because communication flows well, is really the most important feature of a company. Everything... else would be icing on the cake.

Cons

Very few. One or two colleagues didn't quite understand Agile, and so they were not as effective in their communication. But hey! No one is perfecxt.

Advice to Management

Make sure all of your managers are committed to the spirit of Agile. This means respecting and supporting communication in *both* directions -- up the chain as much as down the chain.

Connexity2017-11-28

"Company that cares deeply about its employees"

Former Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Connexity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Leadership that greatly cares about its people, despite the ups and downs of the online marketing/ad industry.

Cons

Potentially challenging outlook for share of the ad tech space.

Advice to Management

Providing transparency on the future direction of company.

Connexity2017-09-21

"Awesome Start Up Culture"

I have been working at Connexity full-time

Pros

Free Lunch Awesome C-Level Employees TONS of Benefits (the best being David Barton Gym Membership) Great Co-Workers A Sense of Purpose

Cons

A LOT of remote employees so most meetings are conference calls. This is normally not a big deal but it makes it harder to get to know the people you work with both out and inside of the office. Not as many in person meetings and a lot of people sporadically working from home. Honestly not much of a con but I felt like I had to put something.

Advice to Management

Keep being so open with the employees. It's truly refreshing to have a CEO and other C-level staff make such an effort to always have their employees on the same page. The monthly Beer Connected series is one of the greatest things I have ever seen a company do for it's employees.

Connexity2017-06-05

"Great vision, wonderful people, awesome benefits."

I have been working at Connexity full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, with good perks like free lunch, and very affordable benefits. Work is stimulating and challenging in every department.

Cons

Could use more alignment at executive level, but overall, a tight vision for the future.

Advice to Management

Move quicker on process improvement etc.

Connexity2017-06-05