Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Connor Group Reviews

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Pickett

1. "Awesome Company to work for"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Great Directors / awesome people to work with, lovely work environment and beautiful office space.

Cons

There is nothing bad or negative I can say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work because I feel blessed and lucky to work with 3 talented, professional and smart individuals.

"Great opportunity to build a career, your personal brand and the coolest accounting firm around!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have had the opportunity to work with in my career, filled with top performers from the Big 4 and industry executives, working shoulder to shoulder with management to achieve awesome accomplishments. Involved in over 50% of the Silicon Valley IPOs and working with the coolest client list around.

Cons

I wish more people had the opportunity to experience working at Connor Group. We're building something great here!

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting the best and brightest, and don't lose sight of what makes our firm great and why our clients love us.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great people, upward growth, competitive income. Most companies don't care about your career goals this firm does.

Cons

Commute from the South Bay is long. I typically have to leave early to avoid traffic or come in a little later after traffics dies down.

Advice to Management

Continue doing a great job developing people.

5. "Best and most interesting accounting firm around"

Current Intern - Intern in Provo, UT
    Current Intern - Intern in Provo, UT

I have been working at Connor Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allows you to work while you are in school. Management wants you to focus on your school work and work when you can. Internship is project oriented which means that as long as you meet the deadlines then everyone is happy.

Cons

Plenty of operations side of things that you have to deal with. Not a lot of contact with everyone in the firm.

Advice to Management

Be more specific with expectations.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Connor Group full-time

Pros

Great clients, great project topics. Learn a ton! If you want to learn about how to do complex accounting at high-growth, VC-backed technology companies, you can't do better in professional services than Connor Group. The bonus is great. Large component based on hours that actually means you get paid for long work days.

Cons

Some of the partners aren't great, but others are wonderful. Having a lot of clients going through IPOs means that client work is constantly reviewed by Big4 national office-types, so you stay technically sharp, but training isn't that great--it's all on the job.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of sales-minded people in management. This is great for landing clients, but they BS their own employees, too. Puffery isn't a good long-term confidence builder.

7. "Interesting experiences"

I worked at Connor Group full-time

Pros

Job satisfaction from the projects. Clients that really appreciate the help that you provide. Some really experienced and knowledgeable people that you work with to deliver answers to complex technical issues.

Cons

Need to find the good people to work with within the organization. Some of the staff are graded above the experience level. On the one hand they are growing but they are still working out how to deal with being a bigger organization and communicate a consistent message to all.

Advice to Management

Slow decision making on everything other than client facing situations and unclear roles and responsibilities need to be minimized.

8. "Senior Manager"

I worked at Connor Group full-time

Pros

- Great to work with like-minded people
    - Exposure to companies in various industries
    - Experience resolving many accounting issues
    - Opportunities to work with clients in other countries
    - Flexible work hours

Cons

- Long hours
    - Clients and management expect you to be on call
    - You may end up short-staffed in your projects

Advice to Management

Let your people get the exposure that they are asking for and avoid making your people commute very far to clients.