Conquip Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 15 reviews

2.0
Conquip CEO Matthew Lind
Matthew Lind
  1. "Good Company with many opportunities"

Former Employee - Sheet Metal Worker in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Conquip full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got to work a flexible shift and work from home. Great benefits and good atmosphere to work in.

Cons

The commute was too long but other than that, there were no cons

Conquip2018-01-12
  2. "Electrical Technician"

I have been working at Conquip full-time

Pros

Good people to work for, Lots of available hours, Good experince with multiple types of machines, great place to develope a well rounded skillset

Cons

Can be a shortage of hours, no clear way to be promoted, and slow to offer raises.

Advice to Management

Streamline the design and planning phases and work to reduce Re-Do's on the fabrication and build side.

Conquip2014-08-14
  3. "Collaborative Environment Taking a Positive Leap Forward"

I have been working at Conquip full-time for less than a year

Pros

ConQuip has been through some major changes but there's core values and morals that ConQuip adheres to. Good benefits, good pay, collaborative efforts and all aiming towards the same goal.... success. I have worked for ConQuip for quite a few years and am happy with the transformation. I am seeing the vision progress and in turn seeing the rewards along with it.

Cons

Every company had cons but I have to say that the new management at ConQuip is working on turning those negatives into positives. And it's working.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Conquip2018-02-21

"employment"

Former Employee - Programmer in Gold River, CA

I worked at Conquip for less than a year

Pros

I had steady employment for 4.75 years, It was a pretty good place to work. people were friendly & it was a good work environment.

Cons

The company sold out to the Chinese, once they did that they became very deceptive and they lead you on until ultimately the laid off all of the fabrication & moved it to china.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with your employee's

Conquip2016-01-19

"Great place to work with good people and the company offers good benefits."

I worked at Conquip

Pros

Low level stress, good work environment, and friendly easy to work with coworkers. Good benefits offered to those who are in need.

Cons

New primary owners do not have the best idea about how American companies work and how to keep that company's customers happy.

Conquip2015-04-07

"Do you want to grow your knowledge better and faster than anywhere else?"

Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at Conquip full-time

Pros

Best job you will ever have. For engineers this job will cover A-Z of a project. They maintain a small company feel where each individual must be knowledgeable in every aspect of machine design from conceptual design through manufacturing, assembly and start up even installation at the customers plant. This job is FAST PACED! there is very little time to sit ponder and discuss, its time to start getting the job done...

Cons

Project shortcomings start from the top and are ignored until the very end when the buses start flying (figuratively). Unfortunately, by the end of the line, controls engineers and assembly are blamed for problems traced back to sales (which is senior management) and project management. Normal companies have real problems from outside influences such as customers, vendors, etc. ConQuip's problems are all internal....

Advice to Management

Be clear to your staff of their expectations with all designs. Best of all, WRITE IT DOWN! You have to be specific to be terrific. No one can READ YOUR MINDS. Your people are capable of twice your sales volume, but with the rework from fundamental errors, your doing the work twice.

Conquip2013-10-24

"This Company's Rating Should Be Much Lower"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Conquip full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a handful of good people that currently work for the company.

Cons

I worked at CQ for 2 years. During my time there I saw over 200 years of experience leave the building, 3 major layoffs, a multiple shifts in upper management and more than half the jobs shipped over to China. If CQ is hiring, it is most definitely for a short-term and an immediate need. Once the project is over, you can bet on being laid off. In good conscious, I cannot recommend this employer to anyone. I sincerely...

Advice to Management

Go file for Chapter 7

Conquip2018-09-06

"The Chinaman is not the issue here, Dude."

Former Employee - Lead Electrician

I worked at Conquip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

USED TO be a cool place to learn about automation and fabrication and made a relativity good product.

Cons

The company had some serious management issues, but got drastically worse after the buyout. Lied to employees constantly. Low pay and required 60+ hour weeks, just made it livable, at least until work slowed to a crawl. Mistakes were consistently repeated, and no efforts for improvements were ever made.

Advice to Management

Learn from yours and other people's mistakes. Too late now unfortunately.

Conquip2018-04-19

"Run away fast and watch your back"

I worked at Conquip full-time

Pros

Only good if you want to support Communism. There were a lot of good people working at Conquip but most have been laid off or left.

Cons

They are sending American jobs to China. They are making junk now instead of a good product. Almost all of their jobs are shipped late to unhappy customers.

Advice to Management

They won't listen to any advice.

Conquip2017-07-19

"Avoid This Company as an Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Conquip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Co Workers. Easy commute from Roseville

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. they want people and other companies to do them 'favors'. The CEO was a Sales Manager in his last job and is not cut out to be a CEO nor does he understand or care about what it takes to move the Company forward

Advice to Management

Good luck moving operations back to China

Conquip2017-05-31