Conroe Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Matt Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Interventional radiology RN"

Pros

Patient centered, approachable management & magnet hospital. Decent benefits & plenty of opportunity to change roles/departments if for some reason you are dissatisfied

Cons

High turnover in management & staff which led to more call. I believe the extensive amount of call is what turned folks off. It led to poor work/life balance. The upper management listened to staff & hired a call nurse eventually

Advice to Management

Listens to your nurses!

2. "ER Registrar"

Former Employee - Er Registrar in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Er Registrar in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, 3 days off, experience, insurance

Cons

Management is corrupt and doesnt listen to their staff. They make you feel like youre just a replacable body and they shun you if youre not their favorite. You are expected to do your job plus your lazy coworkers job without them getting introuble no matter how many times you bring it up. The director and manager doesnt even know how to register. How ironic considering thats the department they are over. They made us work mandatory overtime and if we made plans we would have to cancel due to schedules changing every week. The job itself is easy but the cons outweigh the pros.

Advice to Management

Replace your director, managers, and supervisors with people who know how to do their job.

3. "Nurse"

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Staff is best of any job I have ever had.

Cons

Overloaded with 6 heavy patints with very quick overturn. Staff spread to thin. Unable to actually take care of your patients holistic needs.

Advice to Management

See things from floor staff perspective. Stop making staff feel like they are able to do everything that is asked of them. These days 12 hours is not enough to complete all tasks before shift change.

4. "Lab"

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. The hospital is willing to hire people without experience. Good place to gain experience.

Cons

Disorganized. Management shows favoritism. Required to work by yourself frequently. Management was aware of many problems with certain employees, but neglected to fix the problems. An employee was lying on their time sheet, and they did nothing about it.

Advice to Management

Might be time to clean house with employees not willing to do their job. Good employees would be more willing to stay on.

5. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self scheduling. Pretty much it.

Cons

Environment is very clickish. They set you up for failure. They are always understaffed and with a very short notice, they will give you a patient you aren't prepared to take care of, skill wise. They want to be like the big hospitals out, the big trauma centers like Memorial Hermann and others but they don't have the financial structure for it neither they have the teaching capability. Work there at your own risk. They are not a teaching hospital. They will throw things at you and say: swim or sink. Lots of career opportunities but they won't transfer you. It is all about their staffing needs. Promises won't be followed through.

Advice to Management

It takes more than a wish and a dream. Conroe Medical can be a better place but it will cost more. You can't build from rubbishy. Treat all your nurses as professionals and when you offer hands on teaching.... actually TEACH. Don't just throw s bunch of equipment together and expect people to figure it out in 5 minutes. This isn't how it is done.

6. "Secretary"

Former Employee - Department Secretary in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Department Secretary in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are like family and take care of each other

Cons

Actual job you get may not be what you interviewed for.

Advice to Management

Take better care of tenured employees

7. "Patient Sitter"

Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Works the days you want to.

Cons

Long 12 hour shifts.

Advice to Management

Notice sitters, we take on a lot of things that are hard. Make sure we get 2, 15 minutes breaks. It means a lot to us.

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nu in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nu in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Requests employee recommendations, have committees comprised of employees trying to make it a better place to work, family oriented.

Cons

Low pay schedule compared to surrounding hospitals, hard to keep fully staffed, management is spread very thin, sometimes unit poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Need to decrease amount of territory 1 individual has to supervise with all the additional reports, committees, and meetings they have to attend. Need to increase pay to that comparable to that 10 miles down road.

"Horrible Experience"

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Was hired right out of school, which can be hard in my field. My direct supervisor was actually pretty nice. Doctors on the whole are nice.

Cons

I had a seven on seven off work schedule of 10hr shifts but was often asked to stay well past 13 hours.

Management is a nightmare. I was constantly mistreated as an employee and put in positions where I was asked to work equipment I had not been trained on in a surgery suite.

We had a monthly meeting where we were berated for having low satisfaction numbers based on statistics where as little as 17 people were polled. It's a hospital! only angry people fill out those surveys!

I cannot stress enough how horrible my experience was.

Advice to Management

Turn in paperwork in a timely manner

"Staff Nurse"

Former Employee - Staff RN
    Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great new graduate nurse program and instructors. Good leadership from almost all charge nurses. It was also very easy to have my ideas or concerns heard by my manager and director.

Cons

My unit was so incredibly understaffed causing every day to be a difficult work day and pressuring those difficult work days to extend to overtime work days because of the understaffing. The understaffing extended to nurses, nurse techs, respiratory therapy and physical therapy.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to increase in order to be more competitive and bring more talented staff to the hospital. Also pay increases dependent on education levels.