Conroe Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Secretary"

Former Employee - Department Secretary in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Department Secretary in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are like family and take care of each other

Cons

Actual job you get may not be what you interviewed for.

Advice to Management

Take better care of tenured employees

2. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self scheduling. Pretty much it.

Cons

Environment is very clickish. They set you up for failure. They are always understaffed and with a very short notice, they will give you a patient you aren't prepared to take care of, skill wise. They want to be like the big hospitals out, the big trauma centers like Memorial Hermann and others but they don't have the financial structure for it neither they have the teaching capability. Work there at your own risk. They are not a teaching hospital. They will throw things at you and say: swim or sink. Lots of career opportunities but they won't transfer you. It is all about their staffing needs. Promises won't be followed through.

Advice to Management

It takes more than a wish and a dream. Conroe Medical can be a better place but it will cost more. You can't build from rubbishy. Treat all your nurses as professionals and when you offer hands on teaching.... actually TEACH. Don't just throw s bunch of equipment together and expect people to figure it out in 5 minutes. This isn't how it is done.

3. "Patient Sitter"

Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Works the days you want to.

Cons

Long 12 hour shifts.

Advice to Management

Notice sitters, we take on a lot of things that are hard. Make sure we get 2, 15 minutes breaks. It means a lot to us.

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nu in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nu in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Requests employee recommendations, have committees comprised of employees trying to make it a better place to work, family oriented.

Cons

Low pay schedule compared to surrounding hospitals, hard to keep fully staffed, management is spread very thin, sometimes unit poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Need to decrease amount of territory 1 individual has to supervise with all the additional reports, committees, and meetings they have to attend. Need to increase pay to that comparable to that 10 miles down road.

"Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CRMC hired me when I had little experience. They have been very flexible with my scheduling. There are some really great people that work there.

Cons

The laboratory is disorganized. 40 hours a week are not always possible when you are PRN. There is a lot of fraternization in the department. And of course they show favorites. While there are great people that work there, there are also lazy people that are discourteous to their coworkers.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Also the days off schedule needs to be handled differently, having a more set schedule will keep more people.

"Horrible Experience"

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Was hired right out of school, which can be hard in my field. My direct supervisor was actually pretty nice. Doctors on the whole are nice.

Cons

I had a seven on seven off work schedule of 10hr shifts but was often asked to stay well past 13 hours.

Management is a nightmare. I was constantly mistreated as an employee and put in positions where I was asked to work equipment I had not been trained on in a surgery suite.

We had a monthly meeting where we were berated for having low satisfaction numbers based on statistics where as little as 17 people were polled. It's a hospital! only angry people fill out those surveys!

I cannot stress enough how horrible my experience was.

Advice to Management

Turn in paperwork in a timely manner

"Staff Nurse"

Former Employee - Staff RN
    Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great new graduate nurse program and instructors. Good leadership from almost all charge nurses. It was also very easy to have my ideas or concerns heard by my manager and director.

Cons

My unit was so incredibly understaffed causing every day to be a difficult work day and pressuring those difficult work days to extend to overtime work days because of the understaffing. The understaffing extended to nurses, nurse techs, respiratory therapy and physical therapy.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to increase in order to be more competitive and bring more talented staff to the hospital. Also pay increases dependent on education levels.

"Graduate nurse"

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

The other nurses were very helpful and always lent a hand.

Cons

The education department weren't helpful when you needed them. They said it was a safe place to debrief but then used information against you.

"NP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton, AR

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provides an inviroment for an ACNP to utilize their skills

Cons

Directors in your department and in HR are not helpful they judge and then throw you out with the trash.

Advice to Management

to keep employees you have to create a team not I'm over you

"Good team to work with."

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Co workers . I really enjoy working with my co workers

Cons

The pattached iso too low. I thunk it'a 15% below the market. HCA health System to increase the pay of their permanent employees.

Advice to Management

Some policies need to change. There's not much structure. Too many old policies. Listen to your employees. Try having an employee of the month kind of things.