Conroe Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Matt Davis

1. "Patient Sitter"

Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Works the days you want to.

Cons

Long 12 hour shifts.

Advice to Management

Notice sitters, we take on a lot of things that are hard. Make sure we get 2, 15 minutes breaks. It means a lot to us.

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nu in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nu in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Requests employee recommendations, have committees comprised of employees trying to make it a better place to work, family oriented.

Cons

Low pay schedule compared to surrounding hospitals, hard to keep fully staffed, management is spread very thin, sometimes unit poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Need to decrease amount of territory 1 individual has to supervise with all the additional reports, committees, and meetings they have to attend. Need to increase pay to that comparable to that 10 miles down road.

"Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CRMC hired me when I had little experience. They have been very flexible with my scheduling. There are some really great people that work there.

Cons

The laboratory is disorganized. 40 hours a week are not always possible when you are PRN. There is a lot of fraternization in the department. And of course they show favorites. While there are great people that work there, there are also lazy people that are discourteous to their coworkers.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Also the days off schedule needs to be handled differently, having a more set schedule will keep more people.

"NP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton, AR

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provides an inviroment for an ACNP to utilize their skills

Cons

Directors in your department and in HR are not helpful they judge and then throw you out with the trash.

Advice to Management

to keep employees you have to create a team not I'm over you

"Good team to work with."

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Co workers . I really enjoy working with my co workers

Cons

The pattached iso too low. I thunk it'a 15% below the market. HCA health System to increase the pay of their permanent employees.

Advice to Management

Some policies need to change. There's not much structure. Too many old policies. Listen to your employees. Try having an employee of the month kind of things.

7. "Nurse Tech"

Current Employee - Nurse Tech in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Nurse Tech in Conroe, TX

Pros

Love the scheduling
    Good employers to work for!

Cons

Short Staffing
    nothing really other than that

"Clinical Ultrasound Preceptor"

Former Employee - Registered Ultrasound Tech in North Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Ultrasound Tech in North Houston, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with students. I love to teach students, employees, anyone willing to learn. I enjoyed weekly, monthly meetings. One on one time with our supervisor. I enjoyed that we used "AIDET Customer Service Skills.

Cons

I had to work all holidays. I felt that the holidays should of been shared. I was also being switched to overnights which did not work with my schedule.

Advice to Management

To continue with weekly/monthly meetings. I like new ideas on improvement. AIDET skills a plus. I see a big difference in patients/customers when aidet is being used. More compliments and patients are satisfied and happy.

9. "Great place; If only staffing were better!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Montgomery, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Montgomery, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genuinely, I can say some of the nicest people in the healthcare business work there! The staff care about patients and each other. Self-scheduling is convenient. Teamwork is pretty good. Technology is decent, always growing. The physicians are excellent to work with. The patient population is interesting- you will see a wide variety of conditions and will see the full range of social and economic impact on patient health.

Cons

The high turnover rate of nurses and techs is awful to endure. Working there, you will lose your workmates to higher salaries elsewhere and you will work shorthanded.

Advice to Management

If you can't improve the pay rates, find another way to retain staff.

10. "Just horrible"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Conroe, TX

I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff work together because they are forced to. How else can you do your job when you are constantly short-staffed, ill-equipped, and you get no cooperation from auxiliary departments. Floor nurses are the best.

Cons

The whole system is set up to hire the cheapest and get rid of the experienced because they cost too much. This means you will work with people in all departments that have no clue what they are supposed to do. You have to watch your back. Beware to those who have it together. You will do everyone's job until HCA no longer wants to pay your high wages (which aren't up to what other hospitals offer)
         Besides being under-staffed in all departments, you will find it hard to do your job because of the horrible way the hospital is run. Upper management lives in a dream world. Either they don't see what it's like for the people on the floor or they do not care. Most equipment is outdated, broken, or not available. An updated and refreshed look is more important than equipment needed. It is like working in the dark ages at times and poses danger to patients and staff. Every rule is broken until JAACO is expected. So, for a few weeks, when the hospital prepares for the visit everything is great, then afterwards it returns to scary conditions. ( As far as equipment goes) many things are promised but never fulfilled.

Advice to Management

Be kind in the way you treat staff. You may find yourself on the other side of the fence some day and life has a way of righting wrongs. I hope you fix things while you are there.

11. "Moving up"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Conroe Regional Medical Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers, direction of the hospital to become a premier trauma center in Montgomery county

Cons

Processes move slow, seem to focus more on recruitment than retention of current employees

Advice to Management

Recruitment is great but don't forget about faithful employees and their retention