Constant Contact Reviews in Loveland, CO | Glassdoor

4.5
Constant Contact General Manager Jonathan Kateman
Jonathan Kateman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - occasionally on call for production issues but very flexible schedule (in 35 reviews)

• Great people, great environment (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of senior management (and middle management) have jumped ship (in 12 reviews)

• From day 1 upper management will talk about all these opportunities and tell every rep they will promoted (in 10 reviews)

1. "Fun, results driven, control your paycheck."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Loveland, CO

Pros

Highest paying sales job in the area. Uncapped commission,lots of coaching and training.

Cons

You have to work...its a bummer. It's a sales position so you have to pound the phones. Don't want to? Go work at a shoe store or something and make 3 times less.

"Company No Longer Respects Its Employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is fair, benefits are okay.
    Most PTO I have ever been offered in the workplace.

Cons

Since we were bought out, the company has really gone down hill. The attrition is so terrible, any time we get a new round of new hires, they are mostly gone before the next class. We are labeled as customer service, but really we are sales people but without the commission.

Upper management has lost touch with what is actually going on in support. They had no idea their middle management wasn't supporting their teams until they had an interview process recently.

The culture used to be great but now everyone seems to hate their jobs and a lot of people have started on meds for anxiety.

Advice to Management

Stop being so profit minded and actually fix the issues the site has before trying to get our customers to pay more.

"Best Place to Work!!!!"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this company, the people I work with and the impact I have on small businesses! Why? I have worked with and for a LOT of companies over the years and have never been in one that combines opportunity for financial reward, career growth, fun, and constant learning opportunities like Constant Contact. The coaching, training, and ability to earn rewards multiple times per day/month are tremendous. I have never been asked or encouraged to do or say something that wasn't in the best interest of our customers and management, all the way to the highest levels are engaged and demonstrate their commitment to our number one asset, the employees.

Cons

I have never had a position where I have to be so focused and committed to my goals. It is how winners win so I appreciate the support to make it happen. If you have a huge ego, no sense of humor, aren't results oriented, aren't driven to achieve, are lazy, respond poorly to coaching, or are a jerk, you won't like it here. This company hires for a very specific personality type and it is tough to get in. If you want to try, be willing to start at the bottom and work your way up because they only promote from within (which I personally respect).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great pay if you're willing to sacrifice your integrity."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible incentive structure. Work hard, play hard mentality. Fun events payed for by the company.

Cons

I understand that in a sales environment, you are supposed to do everything you can do get the sale; however, a line needs to be drawn between doing everything you can and being unethical. I was coached and delivered a write-up for hitting 97% to quota and that being a result of me backing off selling to trial customers who the product was not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your front line employees. Strongly consider the ethical integrity of your management team on the sales side.

"Great people and a great environment to work in."

Current Employee - Sales in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, competitive environment. Great people. Lots of opportunity to grow and over perform. Uncapped commission makes for great pay potential. Great to sell a product that truly helps small businesses.

Cons

Job can be a grind some days. Lots of phone calls to potential customers. Some turnover if people realize the job isn't for them.

"Inside Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people
    Fun environment
    Bonuses
    Good Insurance
    Opportunities for continuing education
    Beer cart Friday

Cons

The sales side is deceptive
    Favoritsm
    Lack of transparency
    Overhiring creating a lack of leads
    Micromanaging
    Hard to take time off
    Managements use of fear tactics
    Always feeling like you might be fired

Advice to Management

The over hiring that creates a lack of sufficient leads per person makes the job tedious, hopeless and stressful above and beyond what it could be. With enough valid leads, it can be a great job. The expectations are unrealistic without the quantity and quality of leads to make it possible. Add in favoritism, a lack of transparency, and unequal distribution of leads/lead sources, its miserable for most. People are led to believe they are incapable.

7. "Salary"

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide a great work environment.

Cons

Call volumes and constant changes that customers do not appreciate.

"customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Management clearly does not care about the customers or the employees. The almighty dollar is the main concern here and both employees and customers are considered to b replaceable.

Advice to Management

Can't understand why this company is still in business.

9. "Loveland Site"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Constant Contact are the ones who make it special. Unique environment that is casual and innovative. Culture focused on growth and small business success. Morale is high in our site because we support each other and take pride in providing a quality customer experience. Our leadership is approachable, dependable and act as advocates for us.

Cons

While revenue is important, make sure it does not replace the primary focus on small business success. Employees want to know that customers are the most important piece of the equation.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on career development and bringing unique opportunities to our site.

"Culture Changed During Acquisition"

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beer Cart Fridays, awesome co-workers

Cons

Insurance was not affordable after 2014 ended, a bunch of my friends and co-workers were fired or laid off in a short period time, preceding the acquisition for seemingly small issues, horrible work-life balance and long hours.

Advice to Management

Do what other companies are doing that target millennial workforce, and offer more flexible schedules. Pay was not high enough to keep up with rising cost of living in Fort Collins or Loveland.