Constant Contact Reviews | Glassdoor

Constant Contact Reviews

Updated September 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - occasionally on call for production issues but very flexible schedule (in 35 reviews)

• Great people, great environment (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of senior management (and middle management) have jumped ship (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management has lost touch with what is actually going on in support (in 11 reviews)

1. "Undergoing a lot of leadership change"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, very smart people, interesting problems to solve.

Cons

There is some uncertainty around the direction of the company and there is lack of leadership.

2. "Software enginner"

I worked at Constant Contact full-time

Pros

Great team work
    good environment
    fairly interesting work

Cons

commuting is difficult with little public transportation

3. "Fun, results driven, control your paycheck."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Loveland, CO

Pros

Highest paying sales job in the area. Uncapped commission,lots of coaching and training.

Cons

You have to work...its a bummer. It's a sales position so you have to pound the phones. Don't want to? Go work at a shoe store or something and make 3 times less.

4. "Great culture.. for now!"

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time

Pros

Best culture I've experienced. There are outings and volunteer opportunities, beer cart Friday's and free food at least 2/5 days a week. They do a great job of weeding out the jerks. There's plenty of room for movement if you're qualified.

Cons

Still feeling the aftershock of being acquired a year and a half ago. Jobs are not being filled as fast as they're opening up so that pressure gets shifted to the people that remain. CEO is still too new to judge.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of things to balance and since the acquisition, things have felt out of balance. A year and a half later, we're still talking about the company that we used to be, but haven't been given a reason to be excited for what's to come.

5. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very transparent with sharing the vision of the company's future.

Cons

Benefits, health insurance is expensive, only 2 weeks vacation
    Great perks if you make your sales numbers

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Best Place to Work!!!!"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this company, the people I work with and the impact I have on small businesses! Why? I have worked with and for a LOT of companies over the years and have never been in one that combines opportunity for financial reward, career growth, fun, and constant learning opportunities like Constant Contact. The coaching, training, and ability to earn rewards multiple times per day/month are tremendous. I have never been asked or encouraged to do or say something that wasn't in the best interest of our customers and management, all the way to the highest levels are engaged and demonstrate their commitment to our number one asset, the employees.

Cons

I have never had a position where I have to be so focused and committed to my goals. It is how winners win so I appreciate the support to make it happen. If you have a huge ego, no sense of humor, aren't results oriented, aren't driven to achieve, are lazy, respond poorly to coaching, or are a jerk, you won't like it here. This company hires for a very specific personality type and it is tough to get in. If you want to try, be willing to start at the bottom and work your way up because they only promote from within (which I personally respect).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great pay if you're willing to sacrifice your integrity."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible incentive structure. Work hard, play hard mentality. Fun events payed for by the company.

Cons

I understand that in a sales environment, you are supposed to do everything you can do get the sale; however, a line needs to be drawn between doing everything you can and being unethical. I was coached and delivered a write-up for hitting 97% to quota and that being a result of me backing off selling to trial customers who the product was not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your front line employees. Strongly consider the ethical integrity of your management team on the sales side.

"Great people and a great environment to work in."

Current Employee - Sales in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, competitive environment. Great people. Lots of opportunity to grow and over perform. Uncapped commission makes for great pay potential. Great to sell a product that truly helps small businesses.

Cons

Job can be a grind some days. Lots of phone calls to potential customers. Some turnover if people realize the job isn't for them.

9. "New employee"

Pros

Love working here so welcoming and awesome managers.

Cons

No cons yet so far!

"Not getting better"

Former Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For individual contributors in Product Delivery, Constant Contact is still a good place to work. Technology used is up to date, challenging projects, lots of opportunity to learn new things, good working environment, and great people to work with. Software development process and quality of software produced is very good, so you can learn the "right way" to do things. Great work/life balance, flexible vacation and work schedules. Good mix of experienced and new engineers, with a fresh crop of college hires (and interns) arriving every summer to keep things lively.

Cons

Since Constant Contact was acquired by Endurance International Group, things have been slowly going down-hill. Most of senior management (and middle management) have jumped ship. Benefits aren't quite as good as they were before. No RSUs or options unless you're at the Director level or above, no ESPP for anyone. Layoffs have begun again, and they are not being communicated at all. Managers are being overloaded with 20+ direct reports.
    One of the most disturbing trends is that more emphasis is now put on making money rather than helping small businesses and non-profits be successful. I know we're running a business to make money, but we used to make money by making our customers happy.

Advice to Management

Continue laser focus on improving email marketing. Talk to your customers to find out what they actually want instead of what you think they want. Free breakfast on Mondays and Beer Cart on Fridays are nice, but doesn't make up for lack of equity and eroding benefits. Keep your managers happy and productive, most people leave companies because of their managers. In order to be successful, good front-line managers are essential.