Constant Contact Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Apr 26, 2020

4.1
Constant Contact Chief Operating Officer Kim Simone
Kim Simone
Pros
  • "They even have a beer cart on friday and offer amazing benefits(in 49 reviews)

• "great development, great training, great people(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "As soon as Endurance purchased the company, things went downhill fast(in 26 reviews)

• "You can tell upper management does not think about you at all(in 15 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place for engineers"

5.0
    Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart and friendly people, diversity, cool technology to play with, good benefits, flexible hours

Cons

Upper management keeps changing.

"Cutthroat Office Environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement Specialist in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Breakfast on Mondays, Beer Cart on Fridays, food trucks on site regularly.

Cons

Metrics change at a moments notice, and some of the expectations that are placed on the shoulders of support agents can be unrealistic at times. Since the Endurance acquisition, the company's turnover rate has increased significantly. It used to be a great place to work. Now, not so much. There aren't many opportunities for career advancement overall, however, I feel like the company is working on that with the addition of new service and departments that are being added to the company's trajectory. There are also some deep-seeded issues with office bullying that upper-management chooses not to address, in addition to issues with cis white male privilege as well. This is apparent in how office relationships function, and how promotions and opportunities for career advancement are decided. I was harassed as an employee by several people on the SinglePlatform team, and have been harassed on 3 separate occasions by three separate individuals, including a project manager/my former boss since leaving. It's an environment where individuals tear each other down regularly instead of building each other up to get ahead of one-another. If you don't want to participate in building friendships in the office, then you have no opportunities for career advancement there. I can say with confidence as well that opportunities for career advancement are not readily given to LGBTQ+ folks, or to women either. I have watched many LGBTQ+ folks and women be passed up for promotions by lesser qualified straight men. I can even reference one instance in particular in which a cis male employee was promoted to team lead without even having to be a part of an interview process, which does not fit the company's policy regarding promotions.

Continue reading

"Wouldnt recommend to a friend"

Former Employee - Tier I Support in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people you will work with are kind

Cons

The pay is awful Morale is never put into consideration Took away holidays mid through the year Teased with unpaid internships for other departments just so they can use you for . few months. Health care is the worst You can tell upper management does not think about you at all

"Has Changed Since Endurance Bought Them"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work for and with small to medium business customers, help them succeed and develop their marketing strategies.

Cons

The spirit of the company has changed and become very profits-based, instead of a balance of profits and customer success. Over half of the staff has left since the purchase and the company culture has become almost non-existent, as most workers aren't allowed time to participate in work events. Upper management is hard to speak to, and is usually not available.

Continue reading

"Company No Longer Respects Its Employees"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is fair, benefits are okay. Most PTO I have ever been offered in the workplace.

Cons

Since we were bought out, the company has really gone down hill. The attrition is so terrible, any time we get a new round of new hires, they are mostly gone before the next class. We are labeled as customer service, but really we are sales people but without the commission. Upper management has lost touch with what is actually going on in support. They had no idea their middle management wasn't supporting their teams until they had an interview process recently. The culture used to be great but now everyone seems to hate their jobs and a lot of people have started on meds for anxiety.

Continue reading

"Constant Contact was great, but Endurance needs to figure things out"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Constant Contact about three years ago before they were acquired by Endurance International Group. The first couple of years at CTCT were great, we had the "work hard, play hard" mentality. The parties, beer cart, customer visits, volunteering events, E4E conferences, and Innoloft were all of the reasons why I first wanted to join the Constant Contact family. They also started a great program for new grads to get their foot in the door at their first job out of college. Unfortunately, I left the company for other reasons, but a big portion of it was how Endurance has handled CTCT since the acquisition (occurred about a year ago) which I will get into in the cons. For some other pros, CTCT as its own company is great. The people are great. Everyone is really smart and no one has any problems with helping others out. The mentor-ship they provide to the younger folks is bar none. We still get beer cart Fridays. Hackathons take place from time to time and there are some training sessions for expanding your range of skills. Career advancement can be picky depending on what team you're on. Work/life balance is great. I rarely got an email on the weekends, and for a majority of the time when the day is over you can put your work down and continue it tomorrow.

Cons

A big part of what made Constant Contact was its culture. We were helping small businesses work smarter for their customers and in essence made them more successful in the process. Ever since the acquisition and the first round of lay-offs you could tell right off the bat that the culture was going to take a deep dive for the worst. I don't know how to describe it, but the environment I felt around the office the past year was "dread or depressed". We lost that spark that made CTCT well...CTCT. We closed down the Innoloft area were we held numerous conferences and it also was a place for us to work one-on-one with the small businesses themselves. It was also a place to relax, party, collaborate, and enjoy each others company. Upper-management seemed to have a really hard time integrating CTCT with the Endurance family, because it seemed like they didn't know what they wanted to do with us after we got acquired. We were given a big project at the beginning of last year that was supposed to be delivered in three months. My team and others busted their tails off and got what they needed to get done, but Endurance decided to scrap the project. Since then, there have been MULTIPLE projects where we go whole-hog and end up scraping it after people have spent hundred of hours on it. It seems like the higher ups don't know what to do with us and are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. We have a road map that we plan on following stating the "wants" and "whats", but they never went into the "hows". We also have shifted our focus from "Customers first" to "Make the most money". We no longer strive to be the best with customer success or support...really, we just want the customer's money now. Because of all of the changes going on last year we have had a complete re-org almost three times. Engineers, mangers, POs are moving teams constantly. I know this sounds harsh, but the truth hurts sometimes. If we were still our own separate entity I would have given this review five stars, but knocked it down to three because of Endurance.

7. "Compliance"

Compliance Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact for more than a year

Pros

The benefits and time off are incredible. They have gym membership discounts, and 2 company parties each year as well as volunteer opportunities. The work space is in a great location, easy for commuting.

Cons

Poor upper management. Management is top heavy and change takes a while to occur. Not many options to move up, and salaries vary widely depending on what department you work in.

8. "Communications Specialist"

I worked at Constant Contact full-time

Pros

Great people to work with; Friendly executive staff; Fun atmosphere

Cons

Poor upper management; Too many political situations; Communication internally interdepartmentally and around the entire company!

9. "outbound sales"

I worked at Constant Contact

Pros

good internal culture. Great activities for employees outside of the work office. Good people to work with. Moderate ability to improve or advance

Cons

poor upper management. sales directives were dictated by company stock price and lacked consistent vision. Acquisition of new companies, and the subsequent integrations were poorly managed and rarely produced a synergistic effect on overall company

"Sales @ CTCT"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Constant Contact full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people you work with on the sales floor are awesome. - Excellent stepping stone sales job for those out of college. Pay is much higher than average entry level sales jobs. As long as you are hungry and motivated you will succeed. - It is very easy to hit your monthly target and overachieve. Leads are generated from people setting up free trial accounts and your job is to convert them into paying customers. - No cold calling - Nice building and office set up - President's club and other perks

Cons

- Micromanage to productivity. There's a certain, fairly high number everyday that you need to hit. They preach more about getting higher stats than the bottom line (getting more sales) - Since the acquisition, the budget has been significantly decreased so no more monthly contests/awards for overachieving - Little room for career advancement. From day 1 upper management will talk about all these opportunities and tell every rep they will promoted. Each year there's been about 1 opening and there's roughly 60 reps. - Average turnover time is about 1 - 1.5 years although a few have made it around a bit longer.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 English Reviews