Constellation Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Constellation Brands CEO and Director Rob Sands
Rob Sands

Pros
  • good benefits, casual, flexible, decent pay (in 9 reviews)

• Great people who are very passionate about the industry and their roles (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They are making strides in being a more flexible workplace to improve work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• It's a very big company with some decisions being made in the NY office that affect the CA operations without much knowledge of what's happening here (in 4 reviews)

"Coordinator (Operations)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office camaraderie, lots of lunches and happy hours (there's a bar in the office), smart, fun leadership, growing F500 company, good autonomy to carry out tasks.

Cons

Not very diverse, not much room for innovative thought or trying new things, lots of people there just like having a job (it's a safe 9 to 5), not much mentorship unless you seek it out, inefficient IT systems.

Advice to Management

Bring in some diversity and develop a mentorship program to develop and grow talent. Keep having a positive attitude. Take import tax threats personally and fight them (and their advocates) with the power of a Fortune 500 company. Don't let them take away my Modelo--I will not pay 20% more for it.

2. "Dynamic company profile with a culture second to none"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is great. Managers and Directors have an open-door policy. It is not an 8 to 5 but the compensation and benefits make up for this. If you want a dynamic place to work, learn and showcase your talent, consider CBI.

Cons

None that I can see at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the CBI family culture. For this reason, many of us feel that we are not a number but a valuable asset to the organization. Keep it up!

"HR Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation Brands (More than 8 years)

Pros

Terrific industry, highly engaged employees, strong business performance

Cons

Constellation can't decide whether they are a family business or a modern professionally managed business.

5. "Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Helena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Helena, CA

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company culture, employee engagement, cross-functional collaboration. Good overall benefit packages. Very passionate work-force. Training and advancement are available to those who apply themselves. A lot of pride in producing some of the most sought after brands in the industry. Progressive approach to technologies.

Cons

Compensation is below several other major employers in like industries and areas, good bonus program but not enough for staff operating pay-check to pay-check. Very high level of expectation for work loads at times compromises a good work life balance. Often seems there is too much work for the staffing available. At times short-term goals do not support long term sustainability examples succession planning and investments into facilities.

Advice to Management

Continue to evaluate salaries/wages and adjust as appropriate. Continue to work on and develop succession plans, promote within.

6. "Trade Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Trade Marketing Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Trade Marketing Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

Best experience I have ever had. Learned so much and was given REAL responsibilities.

Cons

I did not have any cons working at this job. It surpassed every expectation I had coming in as an intern.

7. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Victor, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Victor, NY

I worked at Constellation Brands (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experiences with the morning breakfasts with the higher ups in the company. The team included me in basically every project and exposed me to a large variety of tasks.

Cons

There really weren't any cons, great location, awesome amenities and nice coworkers

Advice to Management

Get a larger room for the interns, we were squished in one small room which made ur hard to focus at times

8. "Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Rochester, NY

I worked at Constellation Brands (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is wonderful, many perks. A growing company. Reputable. Very nice people. The company takes care of their employees.

Cons

I could not move up without a bachelors or above. I felt there could of have been schooling or training to help you advance through the company especially if you were a stable employee.

"I liked Constellation as a company, but had an awful team"

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly culture, growing quickly (so lots of investing in sales and marketing activities), and very collaborative environment

Very thoughtful interview process that I'd hoped would ensure all employees would possess the friendly, collaborative culture desired

Cons

Old boys' club, male dominated industry permeates corporate headquarters and especially the sales force--expect to be treated differently if you aren't a white, heterosexual male.

Also, individual team culture can make or break your experience because teams are very flat. My team was poorly managed and not well-resourced (i.e., my team's management would have never survived a bigger, more competitive CPG like Kraft or P&G) so I was worked to the bone and left because of it. I was sad to leave, but the Constellation I encountered was not the Constellation my recruiter sold to me.

You can also expect binge drinking at work events to be the norm. You don't have to drink too, but you will have to bear witness to the sometimes inappropriate behavior that accompanies it.

Advice to Management

Interaction between middle management and lower level folks is poor. Also, team members that aren't white men often don't feel welcome. If you want to grow, you'll need diverse talent to get there. You need to realize to keep this talent will require changing the company culture into a more inclusive one.

Constellation Brands Response

Sep 26, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We apologize that your experience did not reflect our core values at Constellation and understand how disappointing that must have been. Please know ... More

"..."

Former Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Constellation Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training ground. Good place for Manager and above.

Cons

Underpaid, no growth opportunities for younger/junior employees

"My thoughts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I worked at Constellation Brands (More than a year)

Pros

Growing to fast lots of confusions

Cons

Not warm to outsiders trying to learn the business