Constellation Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Constellation Brands CEO and Director Rob Sands
Rob Sands

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There was some good benefits and the wine and beer brands are great (in 9 reviews)

• Great people who are very passionate about the industry and their roles (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They are making strides in being a more flexible workplace to improve work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• There are no cons that I can think of (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing Recruitment Process"

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great communication in the hiring process. Kim Bozeman who is apart of the talent acquisition made the entire process very easy. The phone interviews were great, and she would check in after each of the other interviews to see how I felt about them. I felt the whole process was handled very professionally and with tact. Any questions I had they had answers, and made what is usually a nerve wracking process feel like I was joining a company that invest in their people.

Cons

Honestly, I have not found any part of the process to have a down side.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work around focusing on getting the right people for the right career. Keep up the great hiring process, it was amazing and I cannot wait to see whats next.

"Great benefits, "Work Hard, Play Harder" culture in some departments"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, welcoming staff, helpful management. Long time employees had a wealth of knowledge, clients were great to work with. Nice office in a convenient location.

Cons

Some employees are less focused on the work and more focused on gossip, after work outings, etc. Some interdepartmental clique-y behavior, with an emphasis on the social/ party type atmosphere

Advice to Management

Keep sharing your knowledge and try to instill a more professional attitude in junior staff members.

3. "Great company"

Pros

People are nice, and they love to share knowledge

Cons

No cons so far, and learned a lot from others

Sep 25, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We love that our employees let their passion shine through in their interactions with colleagues!

4. "Careers At Constellation"

I worked at Constellation Brands full-time

Pros

None that come to mind

Cons

Extremely unstable, abysmal management and devoid of advancement opportunities.

5. "Meh."

Current Employee - Administrator in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Napa, CA

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good: options, flexibility in coverage choices, employer participation is better than some I've experienced. Culture of safety mindset is growing. The beer, spirits and brands we're buying are great (let's try not to ruin them!)

Cons

Leadership lacks spark: there is nothing exceptional about this company. No one to inspire success or greatness in my department at least. Many of us are overworked, under staffed, and feel unappreciated. Also, IT support really really needs work. Frustrating to have to work so hard to get something fixed or added.

Advice to Management

Come on out and see us in the production facilities more often. And increase our product allowance (non-exempt employees only get $300/year) so we can afford to drink the good stuff!

Sep 18, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We take your feedback seriously and will pass your suggestions on as we continue to strive to be a place where you can build a stellar career. If you'd... More

"Get your year in and leave."

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time

Pros

15 days pto
    Product allowance
    The name is a good resume builder - take the title and run as soon as you find a better job (and you will find a better job)
    Free alcohol in in-office bar
    Happy hours, lunches, and dinners always are claimed as a "company expense"

Cons

Nepotism - will fire employees to make room for higher up's relatives
    Layoffs - company is cutting costs by cutting out entire departments and/or laying off many people who have been with the company 10+ years
    Company events highly encourage and even pressure heavy drinking leading to employees acting inappropriately
    Non-competitive compensation - pay is below market average compared to similar roles in other companies
    Corrupt good ol boys club - unethical managers still in positions despite numerous complaints filed. Untrustworthy and incompetent puppets in HR department
    Claim to be for their people and offer benefits but you will be penalized if you capitalize on those benefits - ex: will demote you if you take a leave of absence
    Micromanagement
    Lots of disorganization internally

Advice to Management

Make your people managers take training so they know how to actually properly and ethically manage people. Don't bait and switch roles you hire people on for. You are a Fortune 500, pay employees what they deserve for the role instead of low-balling. Stop writing fake reviews on Glassdoor and actually work to change internal issues.

Sep 25, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take your feedback very seriously and the examples of behavior you described do not reflect our core values at Constellation. We are committed to... More

7. "Solid employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Constellation Brands (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, strong culture of success

Cons

Limited vacation, limited work from home flexibility

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Canandaigua, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Canandaigua, NY

I worked at Constellation Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being part of a dynamic Company is exciting! Great benefits and pay, perks of product allowance are added bonus.

Cons

Very difficult for non-exempt staff to transition into exempt roles within the organization. Company does not focus on their growth.

Advice to Management

Create a career progression for non-exempt staff. Most are pigeon holed in their positions.

9. "Manager, New Product Development Operations"

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time

Pros

Energetic atmosphere with dedicated employees

Cons

Longer commute for me unfortunately

10. "Sales"

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time

Pros

Good growing company. Amazing stock results. Strong company culture

Cons

Leadership is all male and they only take care of of each other. Good old boy network. C-level leadership continues to gain new roles and titles while the reminder of the organization is flat. Out of pocket benefits are expensive.

Advice to Management

Limited room for movement. Very flat organization. Organization is still working to understand where there are duplications in roles and responsibilities.