Constellation Reviews | Glassdoor

Constellation Reviews

Updated August 8, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Not only do you have the potential to make great money if you work hard, but it is also a really positive work environment (in 14 reviews)

• pay, good benefits, good location (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Takes a while to switch from contract to full time (in 3 reviews)

• Having to live in/near Baltimore (in 8 reviews)

"Sales"

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Constellation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people that you work with

Cons

Very little opportunity at this company

"part of the Structuring and Pricing team"

Current Employee - Senior Structuring Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Structuring Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation full-time

Pros

Very friendly and smart people to work with, a very good experience for someone that wants to get into the energy/commodity business and learn details of pricing contracts and being part of an active market participant. Better quality of life than most big cities.

Cons

being a utility company, Exelon is not a risk taker in energy markets.

"Worst Company ever"

Current Employee - Texas in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Texas in Houston, TX

Pros

No good thing about the company and Retail power team

Cons

No work- life balance. DO NOT JOIN THE RETAIL POWER team unless you are set for failure. Long unnecessary work hours, gossips and favoritism

Advice to Management

Dissolve CNEP team

4. "Contract Analyst"

Pros

Usaually has great company culture.

Cons

Takes a while to switch from contract to full time.

"Analyst"

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The companies work life balance is horrible.

"Place where Americans have been replaced - Quant Analytics/Structuring"

I have been working at Constellation full-time

Pros

I am not complaining about work or what I do but how Americans have been marginalized at Exelon and in particular in Qunat Analytics/Structuring team.

Cons

Exelon is probably doing the same thing as Disney did to its employees by replacing the Americans with cheap H1B. I am not at all xenophobic but man when you look around at this place you have at least 30-40% people on H1B or who have gotten their green card through employment at Exelon. Some of them have grown up to be managers and they do not respect Americans and are ready to pass Americans off for an immigrant employee.

I am sorry but Donald Trump can easily make this place an example of how American workers are being marginalized in favor of cheaper labor. I say cheaper labor as I know of Phds who at the end of the year are working on base salary of ninety thousand dollars a year. That is called wage suppression since it takes about 7 years to get a Phd after your undergraduate studies in STEM field.

Once I thought about getting my Phd in a technical field but then I realized that I will be competing against the immigrant working for less than six figures after spending 7 years in graduate school. Don't blame American's for realizing the economics which has been made bad by companies like Exelon.

Hiring immigrants of color or gender is not same as hiring American Blacks, Hispanics and Women.

I don't want to mention a specific instance as it will identify me but I have been passed over for an immigrant. An immigrant here likes to joke they are cheaper and they are at work all the time... working ..

Actually there is even a team here which is jokingly called mafia from certain country as it is made up of only people from that particular country.

Advice to Management

Please hire Americans and diversify among the American Black, Hispanics and Women in our Quant Analytics and Structuring team and in Exelon in general. There is no reason for any of team to be 30-40% H1Bs or work sponsored green card. There are plenty of Americans around looking to grow their career as well.

Because of wage pressure and immigrant over use in our company I don't feel compensation or growth opportunities are sufficient in our company and hence I will give low rating below.

Constellation Response

Sep 30, 2015 – Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where every employee has the opportunity to grow and contribute at her or his greatest... More

"Honest"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Constellation (More than a year)

Pros

The Ability to communicate well with the customer

Cons

My money and to debt free

Advice to Management

Be Honest

8. "Summer Intern"

Pros

Really great company to work for. Dont have anything bad to say, great work environment and friendly/collaborative team members. Loved the work I did too!

Cons

Nothing really negative beyond that it seems a very senior company. Not many young people worked there so it was difficult to network those people closer to an intern's age.

Advice to Management

Be more adaptable with your interns. They are able to take on more work than you expect, just like your employees, so feel free to give them harder and more real-work tasks.

9. "Ok company"

Current Employee - Contractor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Contractor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation (More than a year)

Pros

Decent company to work for. Headquarters of parent company (Exelon) is a plus. Lots of opportunities compared to most large companies

Cons

Employees don't care. Laziness is rampant. The industry is boring. Growing business is next to impossible. Workers are anti social.

Advice to Management

Management is great. The industry is bad. If I were a young person I would avoid at all costs. No young person wants to be a contracted worked. Hire people as full time employees, if they prove they are good.

"Bad culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Good life-work balance.
    No pressure in a utility style company.

Cons

The company is very hierarchical and political.
    The internal competition makes coordination difficult.
    The company keeps losing strong and experienced employees and will soon be taken over by politicians.
    Wrong decisions are made everyday and taking over by Exelon is the worst thing that happens to a good company.

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of managers.