Constellation Reviews | Glassdoor

Constellation Reviews

Updated November 28, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Not only do you have the potential to make great money if you work hard, but it is also a really positive work environment (in 14 reviews)

• Great company with great product and good benefits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Takes a while to switch from contract to full time (in 3 reviews)

• Having to live in/near Baltimore (in 9 reviews)

"Constellation Sucks"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Constellation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent money, clean. The janitors are nice.

Cons

No advancement as they hire outside the ranks. No opportunities. People don't share information because they want to feel superior. They brag a diverse culture but there's an undercurrent of nepotism. Work/Life Balance? What's that? The office is about 25000 square feet of desk tops with no privacy and it's difficult to concentrate.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. You're beyond lost trying to gain market share.

"Frustrated with downsizing"

Current Employee - Applications Administrator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Constellation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of work to stay busy
    Good place for a competent project manager to gain experience.
    Good for recruiters to place outsourced contractors.

Cons

They decided to roll off most IT contractor regardless of their years of experience with the intention of bringing in new contractors as projects progress.

Management opportunities are low

Advice to Management

Consider intellectual capital before making uninformed decisions.

"Feedback of a long term employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY

I worked at Constellation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is very good and it's a safe environment.

Cons

They will grind you into the ground. It's all about what you can do for the company, and they tell you stuff like work life balance is important, and that there are opportunities for personal growth and learning opportunities, but again, it's only if that's what THEY want for you, you don't often get an opinion.

Advice to Management

You've got some really great people who give their all, and just a very little appreciation in return for a job well done would be wonderful. You're quick to lay people out to dry, why is a thank you so hard?

"boring"

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Constellation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flex schedule, friendly co-workers, catered lunches

Cons

no growth, supervisors are either super micro managers or super irresponsible and unwilling to help you grow in your career

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Texas in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Texas in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constellation was a great company with excellent benefits, they offered a decent pay structure with annual bonuses dependent on performance.

Cons

Due to multiple mergers over the last 10 years, the management team would always change and you would have to re-learn how to interact with those individuals each time. Over the years, the morale became low because the initial problems from the last management team bled over in to the new team and things never got fixed.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your seasoned experienced workers. We understand that its always about the bottom line. However, it is always better to measure twice and cut once.

"Place where Americans have been replaced - Quant Analytics/Structuring"

I have been working at Constellation full-time

Pros

I am not complaining about work or what I do but how Americans have been marginalized at Exelon and in particular in Qunat Analytics/Structuring team.

Cons

Exelon is probably doing the same thing as Disney did to its employees by replacing the Americans with cheap H1B. I am not at all xenophobic but man when you look around at this place you have at least 30-40% people on H1B or who have gotten their green card through employment at Exelon. Some of them have grown up to be managers and they do not respect Americans and are ready to pass Americans off for an immigrant employee.

I am sorry but Donald Trump can easily make this place an example of how American workers are being marginalized in favor of cheaper labor. I say cheaper labor as I know of Phds who at the end of the year are working on base salary of ninety thousand dollars a year. That is called wage suppression since it takes about 7 years to get a Phd after your undergraduate studies in STEM field.

Once I thought about getting my Phd in a technical field but then I realized that I will be competing against the immigrant working for less than six figures after spending 7 years in graduate school. Don't blame American's for realizing the economics which has been made bad by companies like Exelon.

Hiring immigrants of color or gender is not same as hiring American Blacks, Hispanics and Women.

I don't want to mention a specific instance as it will identify me but I have been passed over for an immigrant. An immigrant here likes to joke they are cheaper and they are at work all the time... working ..

Actually there is even a team here which is jokingly called mafia from certain country as it is made up of only people from that particular country.

Advice to Management

Please hire Americans and diversify among the American Black, Hispanics and Women in our Quant Analytics and Structuring team and in Exelon in general. There is no reason for any of team to be 30-40% H1Bs or work sponsored green card. There are plenty of Americans around looking to grow their career as well.

Because of wage pressure and immigrant over use in our company I don't feel compensation or growth opportunities are sufficient in our company and hence I will give low rating below.

Constellation Response

Sep 30, 2015 – Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where every employee has the opportunity to grow and contribute at her or his greatest... More

"Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data Management Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Data Management Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Constellation (More than a year)

Pros

Open work environment
    Flexible work schedule (9/80)

Cons

Poor Management
    No upward momentum, only lateral movement
    Unfair work load among employees
    Very unprofessional coworkers
    Use of contractor employment for 1/4th the company, lack of equal treatment, workload, benefits, time off, holidays, etc.
    Bad work morale among employees/contractors

"Analyst"

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The companies work life balance is horrible.

"IT Bureaucratic and risk-averse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Constellation full-time

Pros

The managers were generally nice and made very few unreasonable demands on our time. Some managers were trying to make things better

Cons

Sooooo bureaucratic! Every decision involved endless meetings and approvals from endless people from all over the company.

Advice to Management

Empower your people to make small decisions themselves. Stop the "gotcha" culture that punishes any mistake.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Constellation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people that you work with

Cons

Very little opportunity at this company