Constellation Reviews | Glassdoor

Constellation Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • The companies work life balance is horrible (in 12 reviews)

• Having to live in/near Baltimore (in 7 reviews)

"IT Bureaucratic and risk-averse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Constellation full-time

Pros

The managers were generally nice and made very few unreasonable demands on our time. Some managers were trying to make things better

Cons

Sooooo bureaucratic! Every decision involved endless meetings and approvals from endless people from all over the company.

Advice to Management

Empower your people to make small decisions themselves. Stop the "gotcha" culture that punishes any mistake.

"Honest"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Constellation (More than a year)

Pros

The Ability to communicate well with the customer

Cons

My money and to debt free

Advice to Management

Be Honest

"Analyst"

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The companies work life balance is horrible.

"Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data Management Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Data Management Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Constellation (More than a year)

Pros

Open work environment
    Flexible work schedule (9/80)

Cons

Poor Management
    No upward momentum, only lateral movement
    Unfair work load among employees
    Very unprofessional coworkers
    Use of contractor employment for 1/4th the company, lack of equal treatment, workload, benefits, time off, holidays, etc.
    Bad work morale among employees/contractors

"Not sustainable"

I worked at Constellation full-time

Pros

If you are the top salesperson you may make a reasonable income other than that there is nothing to speak positively about.

Cons

Management is terrible. The upper echelon of the company only tries to find ways to screw your contracts over. The moment you actually find a customer with a decent commission and you report it to management it is taken away from you. Happened too many times to count. Territories are small and convoluted. The team you work with only care about themselves. Never trusted anyone in the company.

Advice to Management

Change everything. The sales staff never had any faith in management. The turnover rate was ridiculous with constant firing and quitting.

"Place where Americans have been replaced - Quant Analytics/Structuring"

I have been working at Constellation full-time

Pros

I am not complaining about work or what I do but how Americans have been marginalized at Exelon and in particular in Qunat Analytics/Structuring team.

Cons

Exelon is probably doing the same thing as Disney did to its employees by replacing the Americans with cheap H1B. I am not at all xenophobic but man when you look around at this place you have at least 30-40% people on H1B or who have gotten their green card through employment at Exelon. Some of them have grown up to be managers and they do not respect Americans and are ready to pass Americans off for an immigrant employee.

I am sorry but Donald Trump can easily make this place an example of how American workers are being marginalized in favor of cheaper labor. I say cheaper labor as I know of Phds who at the end of the year are working on base salary of ninety thousand dollars a year. That is called wage suppression since it takes about 7 years to get a Phd after your undergraduate studies in STEM field.

Once I thought about getting my Phd in a technical field but then I realized that I will be competing against the immigrant working for less than six figures after spending 7 years in graduate school. Don't blame American's for realizing the economics which has been made bad by companies like Exelon.

Hiring immigrants of color or gender is not same as hiring American Blacks, Hispanics and Women.

I don't want to mention a specific instance as it will identify me but I have been passed over for an immigrant. An immigrant here likes to joke they are cheaper and they are at work all the time... working ..

Actually there is even a team here which is jokingly called mafia from certain country as it is made up of only people from that particular country.

Advice to Management

Please hire Americans and diversify among the American Black, Hispanics and Women in our Quant Analytics and Structuring team and in Exelon in general. There is no reason for any of team to be 30-40% H1Bs or work sponsored green card. There are plenty of Americans around looking to grow their career as well.

Because of wage pressure and immigrant over use in our company I don't feel compensation or growth opportunities are sufficient in our company and hence I will give low rating below.

Constellation Response

Sep 30, 2015 – Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where every employee has the opportunity to grow and contribute at her or his greatest ... More

8. "Marketing Position"

Pros

pays well, yearly bonus, opportunities for movement within company

Cons

bonus is based on company performance, very political when it comes to advancing within company, significant lay offs in recent years

9. "Contract Analyst"

Pros

Usaually has great company culture.

Cons

Takes a while to switch from contract to full time.

10. "I miss this place!"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible workplace, GREAT benefits, telecommuting potential, location is amazing, the company is all about sports and fun! You work with some really good people who care about their employees. It's not really a hard place to work because management is so busy.

Cons

Not very diverse.

Advice to Management

Take out some of the layers and get to know your staff better.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Texas in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Texas in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constellation was a great company with excellent benefits, they offered a decent pay structure with annual bonuses dependent on performance.

Cons

Due to multiple mergers over the last 10 years, the management team would always change and you would have to re-learn how to interact with those individuals each time. Over the years, the morale became low because the initial problems from the last management team bled over in to the new team and things never got fixed.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your seasoned experienced workers. We understand that its always about the bottom line. However, it is always better to measure twice and cut once.