Construction Specialties "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Construction Specialties Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Feb 26, 2019

Found 60 reviews

3.3
Tom Hakes
Pros
Cons
  • "Most of the upper management are self concerned rather than for the growth of the company as a whole(in 5 reviews)

• "There are absolutely no cons in this company(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Okay Pay, No where to go"

I have been working at Construction Specialties full-time

Pros

Hard to get fired, decent pay nice people, the normal day there is 7.5 hours so that's definitely a plus. friendly coworkers.

Cons

There is not much room to move up in the company. Most of the upper management are self concerned rather than for the growth of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Work on training the new employees and younger employees more. There are repetitive issues that could be avoided if there was some training for the jobs.

Construction Specialties2016-06-08
  2. "sales"

I worked at Construction Specialties full-time

Pros

Given lots of responsibility. Fun work environment. Growth for younger employees.

Cons

Upper management lacks clear communication, does not provide feedback and objectives.

Construction Specialties2016-04-20
  3. "Good Start"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Construction Specialties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good start for your first step in your career if you are looking into moving into a sales role.

Cons

Communication within the company is lacking specifically upper management, would rather pay low salaries, more people than to invest in their own employees.

Construction Specialties2015-10-30

"No training, no respect, and no compensation. Using foreigners, and still calling it made in the USA. Pathetic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

I worked at Construction Specialties

Pros

Some of the employees where good to work with, but the majority are out to squeeze the life out of you.

Cons

The company's manufacturing plant is located in Mexico...Engineers are located in Canada...But yet the claim they are made in USA. Poor quality management, and poor quality material = stress and pain...worst company to work for by far. No structure due to the poor experience of upper management. Terrible benefits..and terrible working environment...I feel sorry for those that...

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap so upper management can get more rich...The work load and stress is not worth the money offered. There is absolutely no structure, no motivation, and most managers have no managerial skills. They basically throw work at you and tell you to get it done with no guidance. There is no teamwork what so ever. It is sad you actually call yourselves a AMERICAN company.

Construction Specialties2014-02-22
  5. "For the 4 years I worked for them, I had many ups and downs."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at Construction Specialties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful Benefits, Some really great people. The outside sales force is wonderful and the plants are great to work with, only if top management is not involved.

Cons

They have taken away alot of the fun benefits. They used to treat people to outside activities for team bonding. Which was really fun! However, they have taken that away. Some upper management have been around for over 25 years and it shows. Some of the bosses do nothing and still get a paycheck. I lost my job because my boss was lazy and didn't fight for me. However, not all...

Advice to Management

Make sure you are rewarding the right people for doing a great job.

Construction Specialties2012-09-19