Consulate Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Bryson

Pros
  • Great co-workers and lots of opportunities for overtime (in 7 reviews)

• There are no pros for this employer (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are expensive and low pay (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about staff (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best of Both Worlds!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Consulate Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Consulate community blends the intimate relationships of small-business with the resources and networks of large corporations. You feel like you are part of a "family" yet you know you have the support of the whole community!

Cons

Consulate truly focuses on promoting from within, encouraging its employees to grow and to achieve higher goals. It recognizes the potential of an employee even when an employee doesn't recognize it themselves, thus creating a desire to not ever become satisfied to not mature and develop to greater positions within the company.

Advice to Management

Recently Consulate has had a leadership change and it is amazing! Please continue on this path and everyone will be winners...employees, patients, and communities alike!

Dec 12, 2016 – Associate Brand Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback about your employment with us and your opinion about our new leadership. We appreciate your review!

2. "Great Opportunity and Company"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Consulate Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great place to work. Fun, friendly environment. Management will listen and take action. Great culture. Learned A LOT!

Cons

Benefits are expensive and low pay. Does not promote working remotely or telecommuting.

Advice to Management

Give raises and bonuses. Invest in employees.

Apr 17, 2017 – Associate Brand Manager

Thank you for providing us with your employment experience and feedback. We understand how important it is to invest in our employees and are constantly looking for ways to recognize them.

3. "Miserable"

Former Employee - RN Staff Development in Fishersville, VA
    Former Employee - RN Staff Development in Fishersville, VA

I worked at Consulate Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent for the area, which it has to be for this company to be able to hire anyone.

Cons

This company is the worst company I've ever worked for, all they see is $$$. The building was 90% agency and even they called out all the time. I've worked for this company years prior and you know it's a problem when the building runs out of money in the budget for straws and they take away the remaining straws almost as punishment. Also the insurance they offer is ridiculous. They only offer high deductible plan and if you even if you only need to add one child, you're going to be paying nearly $600/month for insurance, even more if you need to insure your family.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to start over with their business model, because I don't see this company lasting another decade with their morals and ethics. Every building that I've ever walked into with this company has all the staffing and micromanagement issues.

5. "Not a good company"

Former Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Consulate Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not one single pro. They have this "unlimited" PTO that sounds so great. Don't believe it.

Cons

Management is AWFUL. The work environment is VERY stressful. They monitor how often you go to the bathroom, how often you talk, how often you walk away from your desk. The turnover is so bad there. Then they make the current staff do the work of the people that bail on that place. Seriously, save yourself the experience and go to a company that you will grow and be successful. It isn't this one. Lastly, they teach you nothing. They make demands for you to finish with little to no help.

Advice to Management

Quit and let people come in there that can actually manage.

May 8, 2017 – Director of Corporate Communications

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. Our goal is to provide an environment and company culture that allows each of our employees to shine. Please reach out to us at ... More

6. "Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Purchasing in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Maitland, FL

I worked at Consulate Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none what so ever boi

Cons

don't care about employees at all

Advice to Management

u succ

7. "UGH!"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Orange Park, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Consulate Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great residents, the only good thing about this crappy place.

Cons

Management, pay, no supplies, no help, no direction, constant call outs of co workers, no respect from anyone.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start again.

"DON'T CHOOSE CORAL TRACE HEALTHCARE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Pros

Absolutely NO pros. Administration is only there for the money. Staff and Residents are treated horrible. No respect, no leadership and not a caring bone in their body.

Cons

EVERYTHING in the Administration is horrible. From the top of Consulate right down to the Administrator. of Coral Trace. Staff is belittled, treated unfairly; if you're not liked, regardless of how hard you work, they set you up to get rid of you. The mental abuse is OVER THE TOP. Residents are not treated well. Acquired pressure ulcers ALL the Time. Food becomes short often, and served cold. CODE "H" is shouted OUT over the intercom every time a good looking man enters the facility and that is ordered via the "ADMINISTRATOR" VERY unprofessional in every WAY. State survey reveals the worst possible for a healthcare facility. Before you send your loved one, or even your worst enemy to CORAL TRACE, please do your research and check out the Deficiencies from their latest state survey, which stated with a resident complaint.

Advice to Management

LEAVE and give the Residents of Coral Trace a more professional, caring, exceptional care during their stay at Coral Trace.

Apr 24, 2017 – Associate Brand Manager

Our family of caregivers is our most valuable asset. We take your comments to heart and would like the opportunity to discuss this directly with you. Please reach out to us at Social@consulatehc.com ... More

"Sucks"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Winter Haven, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Winter Haven, FL

I worked at Consulate Health Care (More than a year)

Pros

I don't work there anymore.

Cons

Worse place I ever worked. Owners and administration were all about the money. Could have cared less about their staff or patients. Never had the right medications or supplies, worked short staffed all the time. No RN supervisor to make critical decisions on the night shift. The two Doctors thought they were bankers, didn't want to be bothered/didn't answer their phones unless it was between 9 and 5.

Advice to Management

Get Lost!

10. "LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Consulate Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I received a job offer on the spot, pay is fair, flexible with scheduling, I wish I could say more positive things about this business, but the lack of cleanliness and lack of availability of management left a bad taste in my mouth.

Cons

I definitely felt out of place in a primarily "minority employee" workplace. One charge nurse in particular, engaged in active and aggressive bullying. CNAs do not respond well to "new" authority. Disorganized and negligent of residents.

Advice to Management

You need a better anti bullying policy in place and you need a wider range of ethnicities. It's great that they hire minorities, but don't let them treat white people badly just because they're white.

"It is time to move on..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Consulate Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has friendly people that work there.

Cons

They do not pay their employees well and the benefits need to improve.

Advice to Management

Stop the turn over and pay your staff what they are worth!