Consultis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Barbara Fleming

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Solid company with an upstanding reputation in the staffing industry!"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company ownership is awesome at Consultis! The owners invest in their employees whether it be professional 3rd party development training, sales contests, job board subscriptions, LinkedIn recruiter, a new CRM System, etc. Management is fair and doesn't play favorites and most importantly the environment is not micromanaged. I felt the company offered a lot of autonomy provided the work gets done and done right. Additionally, our branch manager has worked her way up the ranks and understands the business vs someone that was just brought in from the outside who doesn't necessarily understand the processes of Consultis. It's always refreshing to see a company that promotes within.

Cons

There's no cons however; the environment is not for the shy or timid. There's no where to hide as far as productivity. Some people thrive on their position being visible and others don't so if you like to be challenged and want to be recognized for hard work; this is the place for you. The company will give you the right tools, training, and resources you need to be successful!

Feb 3, 2017 – Managing Partner

Thanks for your review! Good Luck, we'll miss you!

"SOURCER"

Former Employee - Sourcing in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sourcing in Dallas, TX

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the position that was created for me

Cons

Managers, over worked, under paid

Advice to Management

you don't let people go.... then rehire them.... then let them go again....because yall dont have ur ducks in a row.....everything that they are saying in these reviews are so true....find another company...

May 4, 2017 – Managing Partner

Hummm, not sure about this. We've never had, much less created a position for a sourcer in Dallas. Additionally, we've never rehired then fired anyone in any location in the 28 years I've been here... More

"LOL"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thriving Industry, Good location , Boutique firm, Family Atmosphere, Learning potential, everyone can see outside, so instead of a dark cubicle call center atmosphere, it's more welcoming

Cons

Industry where the placements net a large GP, unfortunately this company has a very small market share in the south florida region, too many toes stepped on, anyone in industry gives a smirk or a similar "I know them" when the name is mentioned. This may go back in the last few years as they had people in positions not suited for them, as well as offering people positions with zero to no experience to run the branch, hopefully they fixed these problems.
    Now when you're in IT staffing, be prepared for numerous job reqs after the fact, boutique firms should not go against the Robert halfs, kforce, teksystems etc, as they are not on their level and never will be.
    This company has potential if they stayed in their lane and found niche market to focus on.
    I regret ever going here, when you make the company 20-30k, you may get a couple thousand bucks, and commissions in Florida are crushed with taxes.

They promise you the dream, but it's more like a nap.

Advice to Management

Stay in your lane, pay people their worth, don't do the large company model of pay low, and recycle, employees expendable because to large companies, it's better for them to act that way.
    Boutique firms should pay more, employees should be apart of the family, want to grow with the family, and ultimately the goal is to get up there when your competitors want to buy you out, just hopefully you'll think of giving your new employees stock options instead of low pay.
    Best of luck.

Apr 25, 2017 – Managing Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, like all businesses across the globe bad hiring decision are made. It's one of those cost of doing business "things." The good news is that individual is... More

"Don't waste your time!!!"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, close to a lot of places to eat and very accessible from I4. That's about it!

Cons

Management sucks, they will be nice if you produce but literally scream at you if you don't. Monday morning meetings were a joke. No training, no work life balance as they expect you to work way more than your normal hours and high turnover. I worked there for about five months and I saw way too many good people coming and going. I'm glad all the people I worked with at the time have moved on to better positions and are happy now. HR department would be horrified if they witnessed how management treats people, especially women.

Advice to Management

Please don't respond to this saying that sales jobs are stressful and not for everyone. That's the truth but not at all an acceptable response to all the bad reviews for you company. I have worked in sales for a long time and you can still have a good training program and treat your employees with respect.

Dec 2, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you for your feedback. Your employment with the branch must have been some time ago as the last 3 additions to that branch have come from current employee referrals and all of them are women... More

"Mercedez of recruiting services.. BUT don't treat employees great"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Good connections in the market
    Good positions that will close
    Good structure for a recruiting company
    co-workers are fun and positive

Cons

Do NOT like strong personalities. Sales people have strong personalities which explains why there has been one successful accounts manager there in 10 years.

Uses things to motivate you ("what kind of mother/father are you?"). Employees will work bitter not better this way.

Advice to Management

Employees don't have to be subordinate to be successful. People new to recruiting should start as a sourcing recruiter. Don't speak down to people.

Aug 30, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There are currently multiple highly successful Account Managers in that branch so your employment may have been some time ago. When a branch... More

"Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fabulous compensation structure, great culture, professional employees, and respected business. Very pleased with being a part of it. Companies like this are incredibly hard to find!

Cons

No company is perfect! Nothing worth really getting stuck on or complaining about. All challenges and issues are addressed and works in progress.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Enormous kudos!

"IT Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Easy hire process bit that's about it. Even the IT tests they give they let you take at home which explains some of the "talent" they've tried to push as experienced

Cons

When your contract is up they will make no effort to place you on a new contract. They know nothing about government contracting and have no people skills. You never hear from them and wouldn't know you work for them except for their name on your pay check.

Advice to Management

Get recruiters who understand IT and reach out to your contractors once in a while

Aug 19, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thanks for your feedback! I'm sorry your experience wasn't up to par for you. Not sure about the "take home test", our evaluations are done online Kenexa/ProveIT. We don't even have the option to... More

8. "Fantastic experience with a recruiter!"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Consultis (More than a year)

Pros

I felt my recruiter was truly interested in learning about my experience and determining if I was a good fit for the position. I feel 100% comfortable checking in with my recruiter if there are any issues, or just to say hi.

Cons

None to speak of at this time.

Feb 18, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and write a review! We really appreciate it!

"Great place to work..."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Consultis full-time

Pros

I'm currently a technical recruiter in their Dallas office and I can you that this company spares no expense when it come to recruiting! I have every tool I need for recruiting and management is very supportive!

Cons

I can't think of any!

Nov 17, 2015 – Managing Partner

Thank you very much!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Converse, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Converse, TX

I have been working at Consultis (Less than a year)

Pros

My contact at Consultis was more than willing to assist me in locating another position due to pre-existing difficulties with a director of the PMO.

Cons

Advance notification of a difficult manager (5 people departed company is less than 6 months).

Jul 1, 2015 – Managing Partner