Consumer Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Consumer Acquisitions Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2018

2.7
Consumer Acquisitions CEO Mark Kasik  (no image)
Mark Kasik

"6 month review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Consumer Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just shy of my 6 month anniversary working here. The opportunity for personal development is key. The work environment is high energy and positive, which makes me actually want to come to work. Salary with commission structure unlike a couple of other sales/marketing companies that I have worked for previously. Obtainable advancement that does not take years to achieve. Overall a great place.

Cons

40 hr work week with 2 days off is nice but there is not the opportunity for overtime unless granted by management.

Advice to Management

more team nights

Consumer Acquisitions2018-02-07

"Nope"

I have been working at Consumer Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Terrible place to work. Absolutely nothing

Cons

Everything everything everything everything everything

Consumer Acquisitions2018-10-11

"This is a SCAM company"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Consumer Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I met lots of fun employees who were in the same spot as me. We even get together once a month to laugh about this company, it's owner and the "stuff" he tried to brainwash into us.

Cons

From week 2 I noticed that he (Mark) doesn't care about the employees. I heard people being yelled at from his office and he definitely likes to play favorites. I started asking around about how long people have worked there, most were under 1 month. Several of those were gone after a week and a new batch of hires started (new hires came in every week and were gone two or three weeks later). I had to drive to the... office every day only to be there for an hour then drive to whatever retail location I was assigned to for the day. Gas was not reimbursed (my average weekly pay was $500 before taxes). Management at the retailers were nice enough but I could tell they really didn't want us there - nor did the customers. Do you like being told "to go fly a kite" a few times a day? Then this job is for you! That is literally what happens in the retailer by their customers on a daily basis. After 6 hours of standing on concrete with a sore back, feet, knees and throat it's time to have an evening call with my leader (who has only been at the company 3 weeks longer than me) to tell him how my day went. Even worse is once a week I had to listen to a conference call with other offices talking about how great they're doing. Other offices??? That's when I found out that this company is only an independent contract distributor (ICD) for At&t. They are not a true marketing company like they portray themselves to be. On this conference call I listened to a high roller list being called off, which was sales people who made $1000 the previous week. Our office was never on that list. I am reviewing this company as a scam because I was brought on for management training. All they teach is how to smile at angry people and how to pitch Direct TV. There was zero management training. Mark never trained me as he implied he would. My "management training" came from my leader who didn't know what he was doing either.

Advice to Management

Pay for gas or drive us there yourself. Do what you say you're going to do. When you're wrong take the blame instead of blaming your girlfriend (secretary). Be real with your employees. Nobody likes the brainwashing and we can see right through it.

Consumer Acquisitions2018-05-03

"What a joke"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Consumer Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can not think of any

Cons

If you do a search for "Consumer Acquisitions Scam" you'll learn everything you need to know. This is a 2 person company. They claim to be bigger but they aren't. The other staff turns over so fast. Once they've built up enough negative reviews they move. Buzzwords to look for are: Mark Kasik is rude, condescending, arrogant, jerk, unprofessional, pyramid scheme, scam, etc.... During your interview expect to hear... buzzwords like: rapid advancement, career, management training program, growth, team, gauranteed pay. These are all lies. The truth is you'll be selling direct tv inside Walmart, Sam's, Costco, Menards, etc. Expect to be forced to travel and you won't be reimbursed for gas. The "positive" reviews in here are all written by the company to counter negative reviews. Expect to see a positive post in the next two weeks. If you meet the rotating staff you'll see that none of them speak in full sentences.

Advice to Management

You and your "company" are so broken that no advice would help you.

Consumer Acquisitions2018-04-14

"Company Culture and Growth Opportunity Review"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Consumer Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere. CAI has taught me so much in and out of the workplace. The team as a whole strives to hit goals and everyone is held accountable for those goals, without micromanagement. The company is all about development. No company I have worked for in the past has consistently focused on my personal development, I truly feel valued here. The pay structure and growth opportunities to move up are not just... appealing, but realistic and achievable.

Cons

If you love talking to people and NOT sitting behind a desk all day, this could be a good fit for you.

Consumer Acquisitions2018-02-01

"Stay away! Save your soul!"

Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at Consumer Acquisitions full-time

Pros

If you're breathing, don't have face tattoos or rotten teeth you'll get hired.

Cons

This company will suck out your soul. Get ready to work nights, weekends and every holiday. The base pay is lower than McDonald's and the "bonuses" don't always get paid out. You're forced to stand on concrete for 6 hours at a time and pitch Direct TV to people who hate you and WILL cuss you out. The company says they have a guaranteed base pay however if you miss your unspoken minimum sales quota for the week then... you're not allowed to work which takes money out of your guaranteed pay. The average sales person makes around $400 a week here. Don't believe their lies about higher pay. The goal is to eventually get out of the stores however the "owner" is still forced to go in and he's been doing it for over 8 years.

Advice to Management

Stop yelling at people and throwing tantrums when you don't get your way.

Consumer Acquisitions2018-02-19

"Time well spent, I am thankful for the opportunity"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Consumer Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was employed at Consumer Acquisitions until my wife and I moved back home to Pennsylvania to take care of her mother who is terminally ill. This is a company that rewards hard work which is one of the things I miss most about working here. The culture is diverse and everyone truly does work as a team. I will say this -- I had 15+ years of management experience and I was unsure at first if I was willing to... start at the entry level and work my way up towards a management title. I loved the business model that was presented and laid out to me during the interview process so I gave it a shot and I sure am glad that I did. I worked my way through the management training program and had a lot of success, I also had a lot of fun while making very good money to support my family.

Cons

Not considering this a con by any means but in my opinion, this is not for everyone. You must be self motivated and willing to put in the work. You definitely get out what you put in; as I stated above I was rewarded for my hard work and I felt appreciated also.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity.

Consumer Acquisitions2017-06-09

"Every Position is the Same"

I worked at Consumer Acquisitions full-time

Pros

None. This is a scam. They advertise that you will be a certain position, but in reality you're selling stuff at Costco and will not move up within the company. They post fake ads that are advertising for completely different jobs, but each job is the same. They have also been posting FAKE REVIEWS ON HERE!! I wish glassdoor could remove all of the fake reviews this company has made about themselves. People,... please look at the earlier reviews and check out the interview section. Don't be fooled by all the fake reviews written by the CEO.

Cons

Complete scam. Post false jobs advertisements, for things like "marketing assistant" but youre really selling stuff at costco. This should be ILLEGAL.

Consumer Acquisitions2017-07-18

"Every position is the same"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Consumer Acquisitions full-time

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

Literally just selling at&t services to people while standing at sams club or Costco for 8 hours a day. If you interview for any position at this company don't go back after the first one.

Advice to Management

Management sucks

Consumer Acquisitions2017-06-13

"Manager in Training"

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Consumer Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're a people person who's great at in-your-face sales this is the job for you. Plenty of incentives to make sales.

Cons

This is literally just peddling TV service/bundles while placed in shops around high traffic areas. It's a very well closeted pyramid scheme that pays a base wage. They promise you a management position and set a path for you that is nigh unachievable. You are expected to branch off and move elsewhere to open more hubs and breed more "managers". You don't even know what the primary corporation's name is.

Consumer Acquisitions2017-05-26