Consumer Resource Network Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Best Place To work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Consumer Resource Network (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, all Chief Executives were involved in day-to-day operations.

Cons

Company went out of business.

Advice to Management

You guys were awesome.

2. "Interesting dynamics with co-workers with ups and downs in the call center"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Inglewood, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Inglewood, CA

Pros

Potential to make the money you want to make. You have to be extremely focused and know how to make the product sound interesting for the customer. The upsales are only easy if the caller did not give any hesitation towards paying for what they called in to get for "free".

Cons

You only stay employed here if you can meet the quotas they want. I improved in everything as far as asking questions to my supervisors when a call has gone bad and what not, but I think overall the reason why I didn't make it here is because I'm good-natured and this company, well I think they are out to stick it to their customers. The wording that is used in the upsales, especially the last two that are put together are not beneficial and I have researched online and saw many complaints about customers having a hard time getting their money back.

While I was working here, they implemented a program to change the pay rate of the Sales rep because, basically the economy was affecting the company. With people losing jobs and truly looking for affordable housing, they do not have Credit Cards like they used to, or they are maxed out so it affects the processing rate when a sale is made but cannot actually go through.

I believe the owners of the company were genuine when they started the business but are now just trying to stay afloat and I'm not sure the practices that they use to train the employees is good. I'm surprised there isn't much litigation out on this company.

Advice to Management

Rethink your whole process. Maybe just start a new venture. Great business values for your foundation, but somewhere along the line you guys lost it.

3. "Great Atmosphere, Not sure about the Product!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The supervisors here and training team were very helpful. They praise everything you do. If you make a mistake, no big deal, they help you correct it. They make selling things very easy.

Cons

I got a lot of calls from customers saying that the items they received were not helpful at all. Outdated info and sometimes even false info. We were also told to kind of breeze through the upsells. It seemed to me, that they wanted us to talk fast and get approved to charge everything without the customer knowing.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear that this company is very legit and NOT fraud. That is one of the huge reasons I quit.