Consumer United Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Justin Dangel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I have never worked at a company where everyone gets along and are always willing to help each other out and help to improve each other (in 3 reviews)

• Great training program that will give you strong sales skills as well as come away with a very valuable insurance license (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • He is trying to run a business like a frat house (Think Entertainment 720 from Parks and Rec on NBC) (in 3 reviews)

"Rapidly growing company with great opportunies for promotion"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our company is hiring 30 sales agents per month! The company provides paid licensing and training to hit the ground running. The founder is young and very passionate about making the company a fun and exciting place to be. Location in Back Bay is easy to get to and lots of cool places in area.

Cons

The company expects employees to work hard and deliver goals so can be pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in growing the company

"Probably the fastest track from entry level to management available in sales industry without being a pyramid scheme."

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energetic yet relaxed work environment, tons of sales contests. Enthusiastic atmosphere with constant employee appreciation events. Training department is phenomenal, and ongoing training helps agents that are falling behind. Management is personable and available. Constant face time with CEO, COO, and other execs.

Regarding other reviews, the company, in my time here, has gone through a massive cultural overhaul. The frat-like college party atmosphere has long since been replaced by a focus on professionalism and keeping customers' interests first.

Cons

Can be high pressure, as personal sales goals contribute to team/branch/company goals. At the end of the day, the goal is for everyone to make more money. Competiive nature of job can be tough on thin-skinned.

Advice to Management

Bumper Pool table.

"Wonderful Atmosphere to Work for"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consumer United truly cares with having the mentality that if your employees are happy, they are more productive. I have only worked here for a short period of time, but absolutely love everything they have to offer.

Cons

The only issue I have is the distance I travel, nothing to do with CU at all!

Advice to Management

Very excited about this opportunity. Your management team along with Sasha have proven to show just how wonderful of a company CU is. Thank you.

4. "Great company, oppurtunities and people."

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Very friendly co-workers who are all on the same path to success.
    * The managment here in Westboro and in Boston are nothing short of spectacular.
    * The sky is the limit with the oppurtunities available within this great company.

Cons

* Only con, is the rare occasion when dealing with stale leads within the system.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consumers United is a fabolous company with great people and environment. There is a productive and active atmosphere, yet laid back at the same time. All the people have been very nice and helpful. Great company to work for.

Cons

I have not had any negative experience here at Consumers United. Stepping into a new job and having the responsibility of executing and maintaining high performance can feel ovewhelming, however, that is to be expected out of all businesses and companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

"Great Company"

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Lots of room to grow in a fun environment. Management is supportive and gives the proper tools to help develop a career in a fast growing company.

Cons

High stress environment. The job can be demanding because of the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep providing the employees with a fun and supportive work environment to make the company an awesome place to work.

"Most supportive company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great coworkers!!!
    -Payed for me to take my licensing exams multiple times
    -5 Star training
    -Recognition for your efforts and accomplishments
    -Competitive salary for a sales position
    -Opportunity to rise quickly
    -Westborough office was recently opened so the culture is being rebooted and defined by the wave of new employees being brought in.

Cons

-Network issues due to being a newly opened office

Advice to Management

-Dual monitors for sales reps!

"Work with people that care!"

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consumers United is a great place to work!

They truly care about their employees. I have never worked at a company were the CEO , the President the COO and the CFO walk around saying hello to everyone and having conversations with their employees in the cafeteria or in the hallways. In most companies you hardly, if ever sees the executives of the company.
    They truly care about the growth of their employees. If you want to work for a company that cares about your success and is willing to put in the time to give you all the tools and the resources you need to reach your success, Consumer United, Inc. is the place for you to be.

Cons

If you wanted to drive into work parking is expensive.

"Great company to build a sales profession in."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun Environment. Great employees. Great startup. Great place to build a sales career in

Cons

Can be stressful. Long periods of sitting. Overall I don't see any significant issues with the company.

Advice to Management

Believe in your sales reps and continue to provide us with the tools to succeed.

"Learn invaluable skills, work hard and be rewarded all while in a fun, professional, team environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Group of young people creating careers - high energy sales floor
    -Culture is professional but not uptight - CEO treats everyone to drinks many Fridays, quarterly employee parties, a lounge with games and TV and couches...like to reward employees for hard work
    -Mgmt is accessible -- not typical stuffy corporate suits either
    -Give internal promotions
    -For those in sales, it introduces them to a huge industry and teaches them valuable lifelong skills -- and it's absolutely the best sales program out there -- nice hourly and commish, plus paid training, plus paid state exam, paid license fees.. team environment with healthy competition. (I'm not even in sales but I'm so impressed with what CU offers, after being in the looking-for-a-job market for so long before coming here)

Cons

-Job roles unclear at times, (who can do what)
    -Needs more women in sales and internal women-centered events

Advice to Management

Stay smart and fun!