ConsumerTrack Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brett Rossmann

Pros
  • The hard work pays off, as the company values it's employees and does the best it can to take care of them (in 7 reviews)

• I would describe the company culture as very opportunistic (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management are micro-managers, wishy washy, and they will throw you under the bus given the opportunity (in 4 reviews)

• If you don't like being collaborative or constantly needing to push yourself/team forward, this is not a work environment for you (in 4 reviews)

1. "The real review"

Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have seen some basic reviews about ConsumerTrack, so I wanted to share more details. This is actually my second review in the last 2 years. It feels like I am working at a new place now that we have moved and grown so much since last year. The office space is quite incredible including all the meeting space, open space, full gym, pool table, video studio and technology. My first year at ConsumerTrack was good, but now it is a whole new level. I am not sure if we raised money or won the lottery, but the changes have been fast and furious. I have a new manager who is great to work with and my department is great. I also received a raise at the end of last year which was quite great.

Cons

Well, I don't know everyone like I used to since there are more people, but every new person I have met is friendly so far. We have less events outside the office, but more things going on here.

Advice to Management

If you can keep things changing like this, keep doing it. If I had advice on any mistakes, I would share it.

"This is The Place to BE"

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative company, intelligent people, fantastic culture, fantastic benefits, fair compensation, 3 weeks PTO (accrued), your birthday off, student loan reimbursement, onsite gym....so much more!! From DAY ONE you are given a growth plan and a clear picture of your team and company goals with a 30-60-90 day plan. After being given your plan, your team and HR will check in on you and your progress. They go over the top to make individuals feel included and integrated immediately. There are tons of training opportunities so you understand how each department contributes and how our company monetizes right away. In my last job, it took months to fully understand how the company works. Perfect location. What a difference. So happy to be here.

Cons

None so far, what a change!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"ConsumerTrack: A Fun & Focused Family."

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing employee benefits, Career growth and development, Friendly co-workers and senior leadership, Shared vision and transparency of company goals & revenue

Cons

If you're not passionate about what you do, or unable to motivate and push yourself, you may find it challenging here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"INCREDIBLE place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at ConsumerTrack for a little over a week, but I'm completely blown away by this company and all of the people who work there. Everyone is incredibly helpful and welcoming and they truly want you to succeed and are there to help you do just that. The company culture is beyond anything I've ever experienced and the new office is amazing. It's a fun, young company and everyone is massively driven, intelligent, and innovative.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say.

Advice to Management

No advice, as I've only been at ConsumerTrack just over a week!

6. "A lot of drama"

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work here if:
    1. You are starting your career.
    2. You can't find any other job.
    3. You don't care about your personal information getting leaked to hackers.
    4. You need a place to spend time from 9 - 6.
    5. You like being micromanaged.
    6. You like reading blog posts or long emails.

Cons

1. All the leaders are micromanagers
    2. Snitching is encouraged, and appreciated.
    3. Too much office politics.
    4. Growth plan is a joke. No one follows up on that after your first month.

Advice to Management

Instead of focusing on writing fake reviews on Glassdoor, work on improving work culture.You are only fooling yourselves, not others.

"Bigger & Better in 2017!"

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time

Pros

Here are just a few:

-Caring and dedicated culture with a team first mentality. Jeff and Brett go out of there way to make sure the team is taking care of and individuals have opportunities to grow. My manager has been great with making sure my development is on track with my career goals which is incredibly important to me.

-Fast paced environment: for some this could be a con but for me its needed to thrive. I love that every day i'm literally doing something new that makes a huge dent in the company goals.

-Collaboration: My team works with 5+ other teams in the company and is dependent on them to hit goals. It's a team environment where you gain support from your peers and you are all working towards a common outcome.

-Solutions Oriented: There hasn't been a time where our team has not come up with a solution for our clients, partnerships, and other teams in the organization. The management team preaches a solution first mindset which helps remove roadblocks.

-New office! We recently moved into a new office and its been great! Love the vibe and the razor scooters to get around! :)

Cons

If you're looking for a digital company that doesn't have goals or you wont be held accountable, this is isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

As the company gets bigger, continue cross-training, collaboration and communicating. Iv'e seen other companies slow down with these but your team needs it!

"Looking forward to 2017"

Current Employee - Content Writer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Content Writer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love my job and people around me. We moved into a huge new office with some really cool perks. The company keeps growing and has opened up a lot of opportunity for my job as I was just promoted with new responsibility and a raise.

Cons

its not a job to goof off or be on facebook. People count on you to get things done and its actual work all day. There is pressure around that.

Advice to Management

Please give us more training so we can be good at our jobs. We get some but could always use more to make our jobs a bit easier.

9. "Work Hard, but for a Purpose"

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time

Pros

ConsumerTrack has a fast paced, demanding, but really collaborative and exciting culture. People really care about what they're working on, and they are willing to put in the extra time and effort to get stuff done. The hard work pays off, as the company values it's employees and does the best it can to take care of them. You get a real sense that people like working here and they sincerely like their coworkers and enjoy working hard for each other. My favorite part is that I am not working for a bank or a private equity company after some startup has raised a bunch of cash in a seed round and is now driven purely by financial reasons and racing against the clock before their money runs out. The co-founders are still here, working with you everyday, and putting in their time and the company is growing fast and is profitable. There is a true sense of purpose in what you're doing, and it feels good when you know that your work is making a difference for an organization and is appreciated.

Cons

As with any company that is in a rapid growth phase, the success sometimes can outpace the organization maturity level. So the challenges are in needing more people and better processes to keep up with the demands of a growing business. But those problems are being solved as quickly as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing hard to grow your business. Also remember to balance going fast to a deadline with developing quality, sustainable solutions,

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at CTI for awhile now and have seen tremendous growth from the company. The most important factor to upper management is their TEAM which they have reiterated since day one. I started at CTI young and every time I requested to spread my wings and enhance my skills sets I've always heard a "YES" from management. This company is in the business to push limits, recruit passionate talent and be innovative. I have grown immensely both personally and professionally here.

Where can you work where the partner of the business checks in on you regularly just to ask "how are you doing?"?

Where can you work and get a monthly $100 stipen to go directly to help pay off your student debt?

Where can you work where all teams are able to attend yearly conferences to be surrounded by like minded tech enthusiasts?

Where can you work where you get a large annual sum to use towards outside education and seminars?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I plan to be at CTI for awhile because my path here has no limits. Thank you ConsumerTrack for your continued support throughout the years.

Join CTI, you won't regret it!

Cons

Not applicable at this time.

"Good company, great people"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like my career at ConsumerTrack and my co-workers. My manager is supportive and I appreciate "upper management". Overall it is a great place to be.

I plan on being here for as long as I can continue to learn and grow. I want to gain more responsibility in 2017.

Cons

I really only checked this site out because I heard we have a troll writing mean things about ConsumerTrack. If ConsumerTrack was not a great company, I would go somewhere else. I told all our co-workers to write reviews now seeing this.

Advice to Management

Continue to make ConsumerTrack a fun place to come to work everyday. We appreciate it.