ConsumerTrack Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Brett Rossmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Upper management recognizes hard work and truly care to see their employees succeed (in 11 reviews)

• The company culture is beyond anything I've ever experienced and the new office is amazing (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a very fast-paced environment, that many can't keep up with (in 6 reviews)

• Middle and upper management don't know how to manage people well and could REALLY benefit from training (in 6 reviews)

"Still my fav"

Former Employee - Content in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Content in El Segundo, CA

I worked at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have not worked at ConsumerTrack for more than a year. It was sad to leave because it was the best place that I ever worked at. I moved away and had to handle family matters. ConsumerTrack was like my second family. They always supported my in my job and challenges outside of my job. I will always be thankful. It is a great place to work with great people.

Cons

It was hard work and often long hours. I know some people wanted to work from home more, but that was not something that mattered to me. The office was packed when I left with all the new people, but I know they moved into bigger offices after I moved.

Advice to Management

I hope you make everyone feel as supported as you did for me when I was at ConsumerTrack.

"I must only see the good stuff"

Current Employee - Specialist in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had nothing but support and friendship in my first year at ConsumerTrack. This is the first time that I could get training and guidance in my career. I appreciate it. I hope I get more of it.

Cons

I am not really sure. I have seen a lot of growth with new people all around me last year and they are all super nice and friendly.

Advice to Management

I appreciate what has been done for me. Please keep doing it.

"2018 Review"

Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Great people that work around me
    2) Some great managers, especially mine
    3) Lots of opportunity to go up
    4) Great culture
    5) Fun office that is a full floor of our building
    6) In-office full gym with great equipment, lockers and showers
    7) Yoga and fitness classes every week (free)
    8) Ok snacks
    9) Benefits like helping to pay off my student loan debt
    10) Great office team that plans events like helping at pet shelters

Cons

1) A small amount of people that are negative and think it is the end of the world if they need to work past 5:30, then we end up just doing their work that they leave undone.
    2) Not enough tech resources to do all the things my department needs done
    3) Some complainers that make fun of our core values
    4) Same complainers that talk bad about ConsumerTrack and the leaders. The CEO and President have only supported my growth both personal and professionally
    5) Some of the benefits and vacation time could be improved

Advice to Management

Until I am a manager I am not going to give advice. By me being here, shows how much I respect ConsumerTrack. I enjoy coming to work. I am not sure that all is because of management, but keep making it enjoyable.

"I highly recommend joining ConsumerTrack"

Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is like home to me. The people here are incredible, from the management to my co-workers.

My job keeps changing as I am given more responsibility and I see many people around me experience the same thing. I enjoy my job mainly because I know my work matters. The people around me know that and see it.

Every month we bring on new people that bring more skills to our growing business.

I have worked for companies with high turnover in the tech industry before, but in the past 2 years, there have not been many people that have left ConsumerTrack except for a small handful of poor performers who were upset to be let go. It is pretty hard to have a business grow from 30 to over 100 people in 2 years if there was high turnover.

The camaraderie here is super high and there are many new friendships being made all the time.

I know we are still hiring, so come join us if you want to be part of something that is growing all the time.

Cons

I hear some gripes about "favorites". I may be one of the favorites, so it could be hard to see the issue. I do see that for people that do want to put in the extra work to learn and advance typically see success. Maybe people that prefer to just do what is expected of them want more recognition. Maybe they should get more too.

Advice to Management

I love my job and I appreciate ConsumerTrack and all the people in it. I also like the 4 agreements.

"Can't wait for 2018"

Current Employee - Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only been at ConsumerTrack for about 15 months, but it has been a joyous ride. I really thought I knew what company culture meant in the past, but coming here showed me what it really means. The people that I work with are all helpful and care about their work. I already had a chance to expand my job with a promotion and more responsibility. My ideas actually are listened to and I even had the chance to do a project that I came up with and it was used on GOBankingRates.com. This place values its people and I feel valuable.

Cons

There is a lot of work to do and it can get overwhelming. Since I have been here, at least 40 to 50 people have started. It is exciting, but makes it confusing sometimes on getting things done.

Advice to Management

Whoever taught you how to build a great place to work is awesome. Keep doing it. Also thank you for the extra $100 bonus for working the day after Thanksgiving.

"Great Place to Learn About Digital Media"

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time

Pros

Interesting work if you want to pursue digital media
    Flexible hours
    Perks - free food, food trucks, lots of parties, random bonuses for assignments, in-house gym, buddy program, laptops, employee recognition program...
    Everyone is nice and friendly, even entry level people are respected and heard, hard work gets rewarded
    Company culture is great - you can really build something here

Cons

Everyone works pretty hard, you have to make an effort to socialize
    Unrealistic goals
    A bit frat like - lots of drinking events, basketball/ping pong/pool table in the office (some people like this)
    Not the most impressive staff or products (YET!) - no name recognition etc.

"Lots of fake positive reviews, wanted to chime in"

I worked at ConsumerTrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Office is nice
    - You'll learn a lot
    - Some of the people are great
    - Once you've dealt with the toxicity of this place, you're ready for anything life throws at you

Cons

- HR released everyones W2s to a phishing scammer via email and wasn't fired
    - Middle and upper management don't know how to manage people well and could REALLY benefit from training
    - Constant micro-management
    - Managers expect you to take ownership of everything but they never do
    - Everyone is overworked sometimes in office until 7, 8, 9pm (horrible work/life balance)
    - Managers don't help their team get work done
    - The culture they claim to have is not reality
    - Absolutely no transparency or trust
    - Way too many meetings
    - Not a flexible work environment (no remote work)
    - Very corporate environment (snacks and scooters do not a hip tech startup make)
    - Crazy high turnover rate (at one point the count was ~33 people quit within a span of just 10 months)
    - Ridiculous office politics (feels exactly like high school all over again)
    - Unless you brown nose constantly and the President or CEO decide you're one of their favorites, you won't be able to move up, no matter how dedicated, hard-working, or smart you are
    - Not everyone is held to the same standards (especially upper management)
    - They claim to want idea people/creatives.....they don't (most opinions and constructive feedback is ignored or frowned upon)
    - Hardly any federal holidays off (don't expect to have the day after tgiving off or even xmas eve)
    - One of the key things they claim they want you to learn is to not take things personally.....but everyone takes everything personally (like this review probably)

Advice to Management

Don't promote people to management positions just because they've been there for a while. Some people are not cut out to manage others. It's your job to notice that, accept it, and prevent those people from managing your employees poorly. This is a huge part of your high turnover rate.

Train the managers you do have and give props to those that work hard. Don't just give praise to those you're buddies with because they're your friends. Also when you become a manager, don't stop doing work...help your team succeed. Their success is your success! That's how a good manager thinks....and works.

"More Reasons You Should Avoid ConsumerTrack"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at ConsumerTrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked some of my coworkers.

Cons

Let me give you a few reasons I suggest you avoid ConsumerTrack. (Now with a bonus reason!)

1. ConsumerTrack treats its employees like children, requiring them to read books (that few people read), take tests (that most people cheat on) and organize company-wide events (that are a complete waste of time for everyone).
    2. Speaking of culture, ConsumerTrack's culture is a joke. It is entirely false to say that people who work at ConsumerTrack do not make assumptions or take things personally.
    3. ConsumerTrack rewards the same favorite employees over and over and over again.
    4. ConsumerTrack hires or promotes people who are largely inexperienced or entirely incapable of performing the tasks required of them.
    5. In my former department, many employees were largely overworked. It was common for 3-4 people to be there past 7 p.m. every night.
    6. No one can take constructive criticism. If you offer a suggestion for improvement, it is held against you.
    7. ConsumerTrack attracts candidates by promising them great benefits, and then slowly takes those benefits away.
    8. I was made to feel highly uncomfortable by individuals at this company on many occasions.
    9. ConsumerTrack positions itself as a "cool startup." This is both odd — what 10-year old company wants to be compared to a new business? — and inaccurate.
    10. The turnover and firings at ConsumerTrack are incredibly high.
    11. If you think you're rid of ConsumerTrack once you walk out of its doors, you're wrong! ConsumerTrack will continue to drag you down by exposing your personal information to scammers, attempting to censor your Glassdoor reviews, taking you to appeals court to try to deny you unemployment, and attacking your character in conversation with other employees and third parties.

Advice to Management

Management does not take feedback, so I will not offer it.

"Watching a successful company go downhill"

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great. I'd have to say everyone on my team works hard. There's a lot of smart people with great ideas doing big things.

Cons

With the exception of the COO, upper management is a mess. Many perks such as holidays, snacks, company/team happy hours, and working from home have been removed suddenly over the past several months.

HR got rid of two of our holidays in the same week that they hired multiple people listing those holidays as part of their offer letters. I've never worked at a company that doesn't give the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday. Changing annual holidays mid-year leaves a bad taste in employees' mouth.

The President is too reactionary and holds teams to unrealistic goals with no numbers to back up his assertions. It's embarrassing how he speaks to his VPs in meetings.

Advice to Management

Slow down and think through things before making decisions that impact 100 employees' lives.

You could've easily resolved the dissatisfaction of holiday/vacation changes by communicating openly rather than hiding it in a 40 page employee handbook. Make it effective as of Jan 1st 2018 instead of two weeks after you hire someone.

Stop acting like a king and understand that your people need to be treated with the same respect you ask of them. You're beginning to look like the emperor who wore no clothes.

"ConsumerTrack Employee Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- FANTASTIC company culture where people actually care about your needs, wants, and goals

- Goal orientated company

-We work as a team here. Wins are for EVERYONE, regardless of department.

-Mistakes are treated as learning tools and instead of placing blame, everyone comes together to figure out how we can ALL improve!

-Free Yoga / Fitness Classes Weekly

-The diverse amount of talent here is incredible

-Extremely welcoming

-oh...and if you love free food, they stock the kitchens daily!

I have been here for almost 7 months and it’s been one of the best working experiences I’ve had thus far. I highly recommend it to anyone!

Cons

Goals are set extremely high…this company is not for individuals who don’t like to succeed!