Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) Reviews | Glassdoor

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 24 reviews

4.3
Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) CEO Kit Snyder (no image)
Kit Snyder
  1. "Best experience ever. Managers are amazing, coworkers are helpful and caring. The whole company cares."

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Pros

Environment, benefits, co workers, management

Cons

Pay a little on the low side.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep it up.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2019-08-26
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Excellent home life balance. They take care of their members and employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2019-07-17
  3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Specialist

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Life Balance, career advancement!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2019-03-20
  4. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Member Service Center Representative

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company cares so much about it's employees and it shows! We have happy and engaged members because of our happy and engaged employees. It shows in our benefits and just the overall culture. Proud to work for such a great company.

Cons

Really not any to mention thus far!

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2019-02-07
  5. "Ehh"

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Pros

Nice co-workers, fun events to go to.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2018-11-30
  6. "Doesn't do the right thing"

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Pros

Absolutely nothing good about this company.

Cons

They claim to do the right thing about but then the higher ups get away with doing whatever they want. Then they try to fire/buy off anyone who tries to tell the truth of thier actions. This company is an expert at hiding fees from its customers as well as hiding the ugliness of upper management actions. If you are considering applying - take a second. This company won't hesitate to destroy your life and won't think... twice

Advice to Management

Don't assult your employees

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2018-10-30
  7. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Portage, MI

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Consumers Credit Union is an outstanding credit union to work for and to be a member for. As an employee for Consumers Credit Union, I grew immensely as a professional and as a person. From the beginning, I was given the necessary tools to succeed at my position. Every step of the way I felt welcomed, valued, and supported. Consumers Credit Union truly values their employees by helping them get on the career path... they so desire. I will miss working for such a great credit union, but I will remain a member.

Cons

Personally, there were no cons working for Consumers Credit Union.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2018-07-16
  8. "Intern to Auditor"

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started out as a summer intern at the Credit Union. From there, I've worked in three different departments and two different retail offices. The culture at Consumers Credit Union is something that I've never experienced before. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help and go that extra mile for everyone they interact with. It made me realize that workplace culture is such an important part of choosing an... employer, and Consumers is doing it right!

Cons

The interview process at Consumers can be somewhat lengthy and often involves multiple interactions with many people throughout the organization. While this could be considered a con for prospective employees, this is how Consumers maintains such a great workplace culture! They want to make sure they are hiring employees that will grow and thrive within the credit union.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2018-06-22
  9. "Member Service Center Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started at Consumers Credit Union five years ago, I was a recent college graduate with no banking experience. I began in our Member Service Center (MSC), and it was the best decision I ever made. I learned something new every single day because you're always encountering new situations and finding solutions for every single one. One of my favorite parts about my time in the MSC was being able to connect... and collaborate with different departments and offices - you're constantly being exposed to different opportunities. It helped me gain perspective on what I’m most passionate about, and with the support of my team and manager - it put me on the path to where I want to be within the credit union. Looking back to when I first started, I’ve grown so much – both personally and professionally. I can’t imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

I wouldn't say this is con, but more of something to be aware of. You occasionally have to work a 4-hour Saturday shift in the MSC, but your availability is always taken into consideration. You just need to communicate with your manager ahead of time if you have weekend plans!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2018-04-04
  10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Consumers are amazing! Everyone here is friendly and willing to help. The benefits are amazing - 10% 401k match is unheard of!

Cons

Vacation time and sick time come from the same pool - if you get really sick it could cut into a vacation.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2017-10-06