Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) Reviews | Glassdoor

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 24 reviews

4.3
Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) CEO Kit Snyder (no image)
Kit Snyder
  1. "Review of CCU"

Banking in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Pros

Easy to get hired and easy interview

Cons

Not much support from mng

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to care when you don't.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2015-03-11
  2. "Great team and worthwhile community"

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Pros

The work community is supportive and friendly. The management is honest, fair and looks out for the well-being of their team and company. Great leadership and many opportunities!

Cons

Expects a good work ethic, and investment in the company. Of course, as all jobs, there will be customers that are difficult.

Advice to Management

Great Management!

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2014-04-13
  3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Where to begin...Outstanding benefits, employees are empowered and treated with respect, we have an awesome wellness program and we live our values of Trust * Independent Thinking *Teamwork * Characters. The executive management team reaches out for employee feedback and works hard to put the best interest of our employees first, always!

Cons

No company is perfect. We are working on getting better every day. One con is that we are flat organization with a minimal number of "chiefs". This can make it difficult for employees to climb the ladder as quickly as they would like. The focus is on making sure employees are satisfied and challenged and that we promote from within 100% of the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on development initiatives for employees and continue to focus on communication.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2012-06-18

"I recommend working for Consumers"

Loan Officer/Teller II in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)

Pros

I love to work at Consumers Credit Union becase the Team Synergy, Empowerment, and Ease of Job. Can't beat free coffee.

Cons

Management and Poor Internal Communication are both very big problems for the Company. The company is not very transparent. They hire from within which is great.

Advice to Management

Management has done a horrible job hiring managers. Managers should be hired based on merit, not the good old boy system. Don't take the board members and families to Hawaii, then tell the company you can not afford to pay our annual bonuses.

Consumers Credit Union (Michigan)2010-10-11