Contech Engineered Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Jim Winchester
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, solid corporate reputation, great solutions (in 9 reviews)

• Good work life/balance in outside sales (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't seem to know what direction to go (in 7 reviews)

• Really poor management non-appreciative (in 3 reviews)

1. "Worst company I've ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

The low level employees, that I've met, are good people.

Cons

You constantly feel you will be fired.
    No communication at all between higher ups and those that actually make the company their money.
    The Quikrete buy out severely screwed over the employees and any future employees.
    They will fabricate reasons to fire you if they feel you are encroaching on their higher paid positions.
    If you refuse to sign a false allegation report, against another employee, they threaten your job.
    They have no concern for the environment as they just let chemicals leech into the ground and expose their employees to harmful chemicals without giving them proper PPE.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be decent human beings instead corporate America scum who only care about yourselves.

"Watch your Back"

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

Independence, ok pay, several good products/people

Cons

Very litigious to ex employees

3. "Do NOT waste your time"

Current Employee - Project Manager in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

.25 cent pop - sometimes a free lunch

Cons

POOR Management, vindictive and bitter employees that are constantly being reported to HR that nothing gets done about.

Advice to Management

Complete overhaul of management. Company was bought out by Quickrete and Quikrete needs to remove all former employees and start new. Some employees who are not part of the "clique" but do 110% of their job are looked down upon and the behavior is more like high school than a professional workplace.

4. "Quikrete Overhaul"

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

None since Quikrete acquisition of Contech.

Cons

Old technology, Old business methods.

Advice to Management

None

"Sacked by Quikrete - Run Away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

None anymore - this was a great place to work before Quikrete took over

Cons

Employee health care costs more than tripled since Quikrete took over. 401k is no longer matched until end of year at Quikrete's discretion. IT systems are moving back 20 years - Quikrete sees no value in modern IT and are ripping out superior systems currently in place.

Advice to Management

The old Winchester geezers that run the company should let someone take over that knows what a modern company looks like

6. "Unappreciative to the non office employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, MN

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

Great people to work with in shop

Cons

Horrible insurance, work the shop employees into the ground, 50 hour work week, horrible communication, all they care about is the dollar, keep on getting bought out, unfair wages, treat office people like kings but treat the people who get the product out like crap and a lot of bias to certain people.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same, better communication, lay up on the overtime.

7. "I hate working here as a welder in Redding California"

Current Employee - Welder in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Welder in Redding, CA

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of this company is the good pay as a welder. It gets very hot here in redding cal and the management buys water and Popsicles for us to have on break. I can't say much of anything else.

Cons

This is a really horrible place to work. When I went to go in to the interview they told me that it was really good that I certified and that they would need somone like me. They asked if I could read blueprints and I told them yes. I was so excited to join there company because I just got out of technical school. I am very skilled. So the next week I start working only to find out that there is no use for my certifications, the person next to me whom is welding has never welded before in his entire life, I don't need to read blueprints and I hate how management deceived me into this job by telling me that my skills are needed when there is no skill needed at all. The employees don't care about you and my new nickname is horible cuss words and I am constantly cut down and cussed out by the forman. They also will not provide me with a helmet that I need (mine is falling apart and is broken. When asked if I can use one of there helmets. I am told " I don't care what you need". I also self galvanized steel often and even with a respirator it makes me sick. I don't want to work here anymore. Bottom line is if you are a welder with certifications and you have loads of skill your skill isn't needed, so go find yourself a skilled job that will push you further into your career.

Advice to Management

You need actually get better fans and get welding helmets that blow cold air on you. Also listen to your employees when they say that somthing is needed. Tell the Forman to stop cussing me out.

"Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented employees, robust product portfolio, decent work-life balance with vacation purchase option, good investment program with intermittent company matching. Fun atmosphere outside of the office..be prepared to drink and socialize. Wow..they supply coffee and soft drinks. Management, they love to come into town and flaunt their company expense accounts by taking the staff to expensive dinners...and then tell you that the money isn't there for raises or bonuses.

Cons

This top heavy company nearly destroyed my career, what a huge mistake and wasted years. The worst management I've had in my 15 year career. Peoples lives are meaningless while the CEOs play monopoly. I'm a seasoned PE and yet the company thinks its okay to have a non-PE supervisor. My supervisor couldn't and hasn't passed the PE exam after 3,4,5 attempts?! This company relies upon concrete fabrication; However, my supervisor didn't know how water/cement ratio effects concrete strength. Management fosters ill will and unhealthy competition in the staff. Salesmen and CAD techs rule, call the shots, and whine while the engineers that design, manufacture, and spec your products are not appreciated. The bean counters love to burden everyday activities such as phone calls, emails, and work tasks with redundant data base entries so that they can metric every function to look for inefficiencies..HELLO.

Advice to Management

Get ahold of yourselves.. you think your special but your a waste of money and resources. Flying around on jets firing people that lead your company in sales...excellent idea to save a few bucks by swindling out of paying bonuses. But then again how else do you put your wives in $1,000 Christian Louboutain shoes, fly to Cancun for a week on the company expenses, and make everyone kiss up to your arrogant overpaid selves?

9. "No Comments"

Former Employee - Senior Estimator in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Senior Estimator in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do not have any good to say about this company

Cons

You need to speak Chinese because all the working staff speak Chinese and they about you in Chinese and you did not know what they are saying and you will not fit in.
    Plus you will not make it as a Project Manager if you are not Chinese.

"You DO NOT want to work here!!!"

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

I met some good employees but most left for a better company or got let go because that's how things are done there

Cons

Awful management. They are politicians not leaders, and there is no meaning behind their words. This place had potential to be a good place to work, but the company has been obliterated by the management team. I wouldn't be surprised if it is them posting the only positive reviews about this place. It's probably a requirement for their next promotion

Make sure you read the reviews for CONTECH as well. Contech Engineered Solutions is the new company name but it is the same old bull

Advice to Management

Leave. Work on becoming good people and you might start to realize how a company is supposed to be run, and may actually gain some respect from your employees in the process