Contech Engineered Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 14, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Winchester

Pros
  • Great people, solid corporate reputation, great solutions (in 8 reviews)

• I have a great work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Atmosphere. Do not micromanage. Ok salary.

Cons

Company is constantly changing and could be bought out at anytime so job security is low

2. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in West Chester, OH

Pros

Great team members and leadership

Cons

Company is growing fast, still developing a path for the future, but leadership always listens to input.

3. "Contech"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Coordinator in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Coordinator in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They take great care of their employees and everyone is very helpful and friendly. I really like working here

Cons

Some of the managers are not very good. My personal manager is about the worst that I've ever worked for. I wish we had a better manager.

Advice to Management

Get insite from regular employees instead of just talking to managers. Many times the managers that aren't very popular with their department won't get real opinions

5. "welder"

Former Employee - Shop Fabricator/Welder in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Shop Fabricator/Welder in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

A good place to work nice working place

Cons

some employees hard to get along

"Could Use Improvements"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good staff, Good Wages (although annual "merit" raises are a joke) and in a good location.

Cons

Some of the mid-level management leaves much to be desired. Not all, but some seem to only be concerned with themselves and not the team that makes them shine.

Advice to Management

Clean house w/ the management team. Too many mid-levels that are not interested in improving processes, or making Contech a pleasant working environment.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Coordinator and Inside Sales (CSC) in Irving, TX

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture where team work is strongly promoted. Comfortable work space. Great boss. Employees are valued for their efforts.

Cons

Sometimes it gets tedious to find the correct information when there are so many offices and plants all over the nation.

"A quick review of Contech"

Current Intern - Intern in West Chester, OH
    Current Intern - Intern in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a nice work environment with very helpful co-workers. People are always willing to help with whatever task you inquire about.

Cons

I am only with the company for a couple months so I cannot see too much that would counted as a con. I would say from what I read in the other reviews the cons seem to be accurate.

"It's a great time to be at Contech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talented people, flexible work schedules, plenty of development opportunity, excellent benefit programs and competitive pay in a safe culture with dedicated employees.

Cons

Lean times and recession tightened the belt for the company over the last 5 years creating heavier work loads for employees and anxiety regarding the company's financial security. As a result morale is still suffering.

Advice to Management

You have gotten the company through the most difficult times but keep weathering what's left of the storm! Employees want to hear regularly from Management so even if the news is bad - deliver it.

10. "Contech has weathered some extremely tough conditions and markets and is positioned for success. Its good to be here."

Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constant opportunity to learn. Flexibility in managing day to day responsibilities. Our engineers are some of the smartest people I have worked with. Our products are used worldwide and help solve many infrastructure and ecological challenges. People I work with like what they are working on - they are dedicated professionals. For most part benefits and pay are competitive.

Cons

Little constrained by resources. Sometimes don't get enough information about how we are doing as a company. Because of market a lot of change has been necessary and sometimes a bit much to absorb.

Advice to Management

Spend money wisely and where necessary

11. "Good Learning Experience for an Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Linthicum, MD
    Former Intern - Intern in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Wide range of areas of work: (Wastewater and stormwater treatment, retaining walls, piping, infiltration systems, precast bridges) The travel is not bad and most projects are located within a 25 mile radius.

Cons

Low pay. Lots of free engineering and takeoffs are done for clients; however, the company is not compensated for this, unless a Contech product is incorporated into the design.

Advice to Management

Reward Employees more