Contech Engineered Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Contech Engineered Solutions President & CEO Mike Rafi
Mike Rafi

Pros
  • Great people, solid corporate reputation, great solutions (in 8 reviews)

• Pre Quikrete this was a great place to work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Empowerment, challenging projects, great team of people, genuine interest in people now that new Sr. Management has taken over and its a night and day difference that previous Sr. Management, becoming more flexible with schedules for those that have families, truly listen and want to know what the employees think. Like that career paths can be lateral and I can move into other groups for new opportunities

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and being transparent its a great change than before and we as employees enjoy it

2. "Best in Class"

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Top Notch Leadership and Employees

Cons

No comments at this time

3. "Employee"

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunities for a Career Path are endless at CONTECH. You can run the business as it if is your own. Compensation is fair.

Cons

Career path means a physical move.

Advice to Management

Understand your employees long range goals and timing.

5. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people have been great. I have been working here for 5 months and very helpful. Job is not too demanding, but is still challenging, which I enjoy.

Cons

It seems I can be a middle man sometimes. There is a lot of sending emails to other employees to get answers and then sending that back to the customer or precaster.

Advice to Management

At this time I there really is not any recommendations I would need to make. My boss has been great working with me and helping me get up to speed.

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, Great benefits, Opportunities to move and change with the company

Cons

None that patience and perseverance don't overcome

Advice to Management

Talk to employees not at them. If you are going to take the moment to ask a question, take a moment to listen to the response

7. "Overall great place to build your career & long term investment"

Current Employee - Senior CAD Tech in Olde West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Senior CAD Tech in Olde West Chester, OH

Pros

over all great place to work
    quality engineering teams
    quality asset management (personnel & product)
    honest leadership
    employees engaged with management making for a personal investment into the company

Cons

lack of divisional communication
    lack of divisional cooperation (decisions being made by one division that at face value are immediate, but affect other divisions without their direct input)
    organization of "behind the scenes" processes
    lack of "overall team building" to ensure that all employees know that they work for the same company

Advice to Management

more team building opportunities (during the day, and not evenings)
    department managers process training with other departments/divisions
    design & building exercises for all departments (design, fab to install). this would be practical applications with hands-on exercises and not merely a seminar format.

"Great People / Push the Envelope"

Former Employee - Product Manager in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Product Manager in West Chester, OH

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, solid corporate reputation, great solutions. Industry Leader. Have to resources to push technologies forward, and in my experience always were ethical in day to day, testing, and promotion of results and performance. Leadership is looking forward beyond tomorrow an positioning company for long term success.

Cons

Corporate location can make it difficult to relocate the best young talent. As a result, HQ is predominantly seasoned Contech employees and "lifers." The young super stars are across the country, with potential limits to advancement due to geographic issues.

Advice to Management

Embrace the millennial and the technology they have grown up around. Adapt to quick changes, and steer the narrative. Keep true to ethics, and maintain high standards.

9. "Excellent Internship Experience"

Current Intern - Human Resources in West Chester, OH
    Current Intern - Human Resources in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, Supportive work environment, Very understanding that school comes first for interns, Great compensation, Flexible hours, Opportunities to volunteer/give back to the community, Challenging, Ability to telecommute

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of work to be done, Nepotism occurs frequently, Sitting in a cube for 8 hours a day

10. "Great experience as an accounting intern"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Intern in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Intern in West Chester, OH

Pros

Contech provided me with a great internship! While working in the Finance Department, I helped fulfill audit requests and close the fiscal year. The team was eager to work with me and answered all my questions. Furthermore, all the interns meet twice a month for luncheons with guest speakers. We even got to have lunch with the CEO and two Presidents, which was a great opportunity to hear from Contech's top management. It made me feel valued as someone very new to the company. I would recommend interning at Contech, and I would love to come back!

Cons

I would have liked more feedback about my performance.

11. "Inside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Region Administrative in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good communication, excellent commitment to industry.

Cons

I cannot think of any!