Contech Engineered Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Jim Winchester

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, solid corporate reputation, great solutions (in 9 reviews)

• Good work life/balance in outside sales (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't seem to know what direction to go (in 7 reviews)

• Really poor management non-appreciative (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of good and friendly people to work with.

Cons

Silo'd departmentally making it difficult to work cross functionally.

Advice to Management

Doing a good job.

2. "Ability of upward movement and authority to react immediately"

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

Working with Contech has been great in their management team. The company is looking to expand and is very open to suggestions from all levels of the company. Also, being a part of American Manufacturing is important as well

Cons

Pay is a little low for like work, sometimes feels that there are too many initiatives going on to proper focus on, nurture, and cultivate single ideas/projects

Advice to Management

Allow new initiatives to come out at the plant slowly over time instead of adding multiple initiatives rapidly. Give the plant time to adjust and refine new SOP's before pushing in another.

3. "Profitable company with great people, work culture, and benefits."

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone is very approachable, kind, knowledgeable, and talented. This company is a great competitor, because of it's products, service, and the people behind it all. Great benefits and company values. Continuously recognized nationally for their wellness fairs and health initiatives.
    The company does a lot of outside volunteer work, including clothes and hygiene products to families in poverty, and service men and women in the military. Every Earth Month, across all locations nationwide, Contech employees go out into the community and plant flowers and trees, pick up trash around highways and waterways.

Cons

With the downturn in the economy, a large number of people were laid off. Additionally, the company went through a restructuring which is beneficial in the long run, but left people very upset and angry during the layoffs in the summer of 2013.

Advice to Management

Great work life balance. Management is very approachable and understanding towards family life, as they value theirs as well. Office culture is like great friends. The Management team is full of talented, hard working individuals. Would love to see more women and diversity in the company as a whole. However, the engineering field (in general) is still predominately male.

Contech Engineered Solutions Response

Jul 18, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this great review!

4. "Marketing coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compant to work for! Excellant staff

Cons

Micromanaged, no room to grow

5. "So far so good"

Pros

Great opportunity to move forward in the company, granted you put in your work, which is win-win for both sides. Anything or anyone I rated less than 5 stars is due to not knowing how great or bad it may be.

Cons

None yet, but I am sure the cons are just the same as any other job. From what I have seen the pros outweigh the cons as long as you do your part.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of those who are under you, and if you don't already, you should absolutely start.

6. "Inside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Region Administrative in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good communication, excellent commitment to industry.

Cons

I cannot think of any!

7. "Great experience as an accounting intern"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Intern in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Intern in West Chester, OH

Pros

Contech provided me with a great internship! While working in the Finance Department, I helped fulfill audit requests and close the fiscal year. The team was eager to work with me and answered all my questions. Furthermore, all the interns meet twice a month for luncheons with guest speakers. We even got to have lunch with the CEO and two Presidents, which was a great opportunity to hear from Contech's top management. It made me feel valued as someone very new to the company. I would recommend interning at Contech, and I would love to come back!

Cons

I would have liked more feedback about my performance.

"Great People / Push the Envelope"

Former Employee - Product Manager in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Product Manager in West Chester, OH

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, solid corporate reputation, great solutions. Industry Leader. Have to resources to push technologies forward, and in my experience always were ethical in day to day, testing, and promotion of results and performance. Leadership is looking forward beyond tomorrow an positioning company for long term success.

Cons

Corporate location can make it difficult to relocate the best young talent. As a result, HQ is predominantly seasoned Contech employees and "lifers." The young super stars are across the country, with potential limits to advancement due to geographic issues.

Advice to Management

Embrace the millennial and the technology they have grown up around. Adapt to quick changes, and steer the narrative. Keep true to ethics, and maintain high standards.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Empowerment, challenging projects, great team of people, genuine interest in people now that new Sr. Management has taken over and its a night and day difference that previous Sr. Management, becoming more flexible with schedules for those that have families, truly listen and want to know what the employees think. Like that career paths can be lateral and I can move into other groups for new opportunities

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and being transparent its a great change than before and we as employees enjoy it

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, Great benefits, Opportunities to move and change with the company

Cons

None that patience and perseverance don't overcome

Advice to Management

Talk to employees not at them. If you are going to take the moment to ask a question, take a moment to listen to the response