Contegix Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Contegix CEO David Turner
David Turner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Strategic Growth and Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Contegix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent CEO. Solid strategy of where we are going as a company. Strong leadership team. Friendly, hard-working co-workers. Family atmosphere. Flexible work schedule with free snacks, strong healthcare benefits and 401k

Cons

The tech industry moves fast so it can get busy at times.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and looking for new opportunities for the company as well as individual employees.

2. "Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Contegix was the best place I have ever worked. I grew so much during my time there. I worked on a couple of teams. Each person was super smart. And helpful. Felt the camaraderie other reviewers have mentioned. Don't feel that at my current place.

Cons

Needed more open positions. Looks like that's happening now. It's a fast-paced place. That's usually good but not always and for everyone.

Advice to Management

None

3. "I love coming to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Contegix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for several years, and things just keep getting better. The company is growing and making some great strategic moves in the technology world! My colleagues are great! We have a lot of fun and work well as a team. There are a lot of benefits ranging from an awesome yearly bonus to free snacks and sodas in the break room. Management is awesome. We just brought on a couple more great people! Everyone is down to earth, and care about you. They do a great job of making sure that everyone is genuinely happy, and Contegix is moving in a good direction.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for listening to our ideas. I am excited to see where you take us next!

4. "Great workplace!"

I have been working at Contegix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and helpful. There is a team effort to complete projects. Support from all departments while navigating through different processes and daily challenges.

Company is making big changes that will benefit all of the employees! Very exciting!!

Cons

Some internal process could be improved.

5. "Alright"

Current Employee - Computer Support Specialist in Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Computer Support Specialist in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Contegix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is room for growth. Get to work on many different types of systems. Will pay for basic certifications if needed by a client.

Cons

Growth is slow. Pay increases are even slower for hard workers. Need to remember too many different clients. If work as a Service Desk person

Advice to Management

Break up into teams. Put the best Service Desk analyst with the highest volume clients. Increase training send Service Desk staff to the client location for more than 3 days. Plan for a few months. Let them learn the systems.

6. "What A Mess"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were really no pros to working at this company. Everyone who wasn't an owner just stuck together and attempted to help each other through the chaos.

Cons

Ego ran rampant and ruined many good opportunities for the company.

Advice to Management

Extract the owners. Looks like that is finally happening and is a very good thing.

Dec 15, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear that you felt a sense of camaraderie with your fellow employees, but I am sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience working with ownership. You are... More

7. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Linux Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Linux Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Contegix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cares about employees. Lots of events and team building. No micromanagement! Hours and pay is commensurate with experience.

Cons

Not as rigid as most workplaces. Sometimes there could be more direction and directed skill development. Sometimes things are seen as "that's the way it is". not a HUGE issue more of an observation.

Oct 24, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working at Contegix! We work very hard to create a positive experience for all. Thank you very much for the feedback about direction. I will be sure to share... More

8. "Great Culture and Sense of Comradery"

I have been working at Contegix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You always feel like you are a part of a team. They do a great job of planning events that involve the whole company so that you get time to talk to people in other departments/shifts that you might not see otherwise. The take time to recognize everyone's birthday and anniversary, as well as some of the work holidays like Sysadmin day. We have management that cares, and it shows in our benefits packages and work conditions. They provide you with everything you need and more. It's nice to work in a low-stress environment, where everybody is smiling and laughing. Another great perk that's began since I started is a NICE yearly bonus!

Cons

I wish we had more opportunity to work from home, or the possibility of four 10hr days.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent to the employees and keep good lines of communication. I know we are going to continue to grow, please don't let us lose sight of the awesome culture that makes us who we are!

Jun 17, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank for your review. We are glad to hear that you appreciate the hard work that we put into making everyone feel appreciated. That is just one way that we have made the fun-loving culture that you... More

9. "Good Benefits and People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Contegix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is really down to earth and easy to get along with. I believe they genuinely care about their employees and their customers. It really makes the job a lot easier when customer satisfaction starts at the top. They work hard to keep employee morale up and create a sense of camaraderie among the office with company get-togethers and incentive programs.

All necessary items to get your job done are provided. Computers and software are up to date and in good working order. There are other little perks, such as, snacks, coffee and beverages. Those are items that you would take for granted unless you worked at a place where they aren't provided. To me, it shows that they care and they don't mind spending a little bit of money to provide for their employees.

Another great thing about Contegix is that all employee benefits (health, dental, vision, short & long term disability) are included. I paid over $200 a month at my previous employer and they did not even offer short & long term disability as an option.

Cons

No cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 13, 2014 – Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your review and are thrilled to hear your praise for our management, work environment, and benefits! We are continually striving to make Contegix a great place to work. It’s great to... More

"Type A's only need apply..."

Former Employee - Linux Tier III Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Linux Tier III Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work with the latest technology in the marketplace from Web/App hosting platforms to scripting and programming to every level of FOSS applications. Fantastic range of knowledge.

Fast paced, you are busy from the time you sit down until the time you leave for the day.

Good work environment, you can go from a linux fan to a linux expert in a very short time.

Excellent benefits are available, at competitive pricing.

Engineers with exceptional skills can stand out and become a real asset known directly to clients, not just internal management.

Cons

Some members of management, and owners can be curt, or demoralizing at times. Don't have a thin skin, know that you can take extreme criticism before applying.

On call rotation can leave shift leads with very little time to sleep.

Short staffing times sometimes lead to inability to take vacation or needed time off.

Expectations of perfection can create high stress levels.

Being a minute late is punished, but being early and jumping in to help out is not recognized.

Advice to Management

Figure out where mistakes are most likely to be made, where knowledge is lacking in new employees, or in little used technology and make sure internal documentation is VERY clear, even step by step. Don't expect the engineers to write this documentation they are too busy to do so.

Harsh criticism followed by instruction on how to do things correctly is fine. Harsh criticism that ends are calling an engineer out in front of other engineers to cultivate an atmosphere of fear is not.

Oct 13, 2014 – Marketing Specialist

We are glad to hear that you found the work environment pleasing and were able to advance your Linux knowledge during your time with Contegix. Thank you for raising your concerns regarding management... More