Content Equals Money Content Writer Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2019

1.0

"Can't Believe I Ever Worked Here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Content Writer

I worked at Content Equals Money full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE. :) (If you were a former employee, I'm sure this smiley emoticon has now traumatized you.) On a more serious note, I was one of the seemingly lucky few that got paid and this job did help me in a few ways as a writer (learning the basics of web writing, discovering that I could write a lot more than I thought I could, realizing that I should avoid jobs like these).

Cons

I only worked here for 2 months, but I'm honestly not sure how I survived. I didn't post here back then because I didn't want to waste my time listing all the cons, but after seeing the recent reviews, I wanted to add in my two cents that yes, this company sucks. As someone who has writing experience (BA in English), but not much to show for it portfolio-wise, I thought CEM would be a stepping stone to practice writing and make some money. I even thought this was a great opportunity when I first got the job. But I couldn't have been more wrong. Amie expected writers to produce 1k words an hour, for 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, but that didn't include time for researching, editing, and breaks. I thought I wasn't doing well because I couldn't keep up, but I quickly realized I was being ripped off, from the $15/hr that was actually less than 1.5 cents per word to the fact that I couldn't use anything as a writing sample. I usually worked without breaks most days and spent up to 10-16 hrs a day researching topics and writing, all while logging less hours than I really worked (although I did truthfully record my hours once I realized what was happening) to meet deadlines. In the end, I left because I couldn't take it anymore. In less than 2 months, I had crammed my brain with information on everything from roofing to nursing homes to cryptocurrency. Each project consisted of several blog posts/articles and it took a toll on me physically and mentally. It might sound exaggerated, but the workload was no joke and almost everything was always due the same day it was assigned. When I finally quit, a part of me was frustrated that I couldn't stick it out but it just wasn't worth being underpaid and writing like a crazy person.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 1 review