Continental Properties Community Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 2 Dec 2019

3.5
Continental Properties CEO James H. Schloemer
James H. Schloemer
  1. "Fantastic environment and a team that supports it's culture"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Savage, MN

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive work environment, great on the job training and coaching, good benefits, beautiful homes and work spaces

Cons

I am a fairly new employee, but so far I have not seen any cons

Advice to Management

Continue living the culture

Continental Properties2019-12-02
  2. "Just don’t"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Romeoville, IL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On site team becomes like family, some great residents, good pto.

Cons

Awful Chicago person who can’t get her story straight. Changing time cards without approval, she doesn’t offer to help but yet criticized every aspect of every employee, and talks crap about other residents and employees., overkill on the “training” lease ups can be long hours.

Advice to Management

Listen to your on site staff, not just the higher ups, they don’t always tell the whole truth. You have lost a lot of great employees due to awful people trying to “run” things. The people who work on your property day in and day out deserve so much more recognition for what they deal with. I felt forced to leave a job that I absolutely loved because of the bullying happening from Someone. HR was absolutely no help... either and went as far as telling me my letter of resignation didn’t match my former complaints (note complaintS). My letter shouldn’t have to match all my former complaints and that shouldn’t ever dismiss someone’s concerns with another employee.

Continental Properties2019-09-21
  3. "Company with TONS of potential and growth"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time

Pros

Growing company, good pay, decent benefits

Cons

Micro managing from the Home Office. A lot of focus on the negative and not the positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth!!

Continental Properties2019-06-20
  4. "Great, but can be overwhelming at times"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

My regional manager is awesome about helping me with questions as I am learning, as well as other team members within Continental. The company is very tech friendly so that saves a lot of time when it comes to submitting applications, and getting other task completed throughout the day. I absolutely love the buddy system. Being paired with someone who is already familiar with the company, policies, how to use... utilize the tools Continental offers has been very helpful and beneficial for me as I transition.

Cons

My first week of training I was flew out to another property to do online training classes that I could have completed at home. In that week I went over through several hours of online training, but when I got back I wasn't prepared to know what was expected such as when reports were due or how to complete those reports. Since everything is online you receive so many emails and with everything else going on its... hard to stay organized, especially because I did not have a printer for 3 weeks. Also, I had something go wrong on my trip in which I had to be off of work for 3 days to get it situated and although everything came back good, worked out, and I did nothing wrong. I didn't get paid for those days and I don't think that was fair.

Advice to Management

Start the buddy program the first week of work, so that the new employee has some type of support as they are learning all this new information.

Continental Properties2019-04-24
  5. "Growing Rapidly, company can’t keep up"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is competitive and I like most of my co-workers, were basically family.

Cons

The company is growing so rapidly they can’t keep up with hiring people to make sure current staff isnt being being overworked. Promoting people to oversee a specific area and they decide they don’t think people are knowledgeable enough in their jobs, constantly sending demeaning emails and making comments about needing “new” training yet can’t give specifics, nothing is consistent, policies change depending on... who you’re talking to and what they feel like doing that day. Area managers feel they’re “above” the rules and don’t follow company policies, leaving on site staff to fix their messes. The constant training that takes away from getting work done is frustrating and if you miss a training you’ll get reprimanded

Advice to Management

Listen to your on site staff, believe it or not we deal with a lot of crap and don’t get enough recognition for all that we do! If a property is stabilized and meeting numbers there is no reason to be open on Sunday’s! Let people spend time with their families

Continental Properties2019-04-27

"Organized, Strong Company Culture with Emphasis in Ethics & Values"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that walks the talk. SR Management values intelligence, feedback, ethics and talent. Lots of growth opportunities! I am proud to call Continental home.

Cons

There are an over abundance of software platforms that are not efficiently integrated. There seems to be a system for each individual operation. It would be great if the systems 'talked' to each other better. Company credit cards vs. petty cash. Petty cash seems to be a blast from the past.

Continental Properties2019-03-13

"New and Very Happy!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been employed with Continental Properties for a short time, but I know I made the right decision in joining this team. The hiring process was lengthy, but well worth it. It gave me the opportunity to meet many on the upper management team that I would not necessarily have met, and made me feel as though I was empowered right from the start. One thing I've noticed is how everyone encourages and promotes... each other to strive to be the best and to provide the best customer service possible. Many preach customer service but few actually practice it. Continental Properties actually practices it! This helps create a more enjoyable and pleasing environment not only for the customer but also for the employee by cutting down and trying to eliminate the negativity. I still have a lot of Continental's best practices and policies to learn, but am looking forward to doing so!

Cons

While I am still new and know I have some speed bumps to work through, I have not experienced any cons regarding Continental Properties to date.

Continental Properties2017-03-20