Continental Properties Company, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
James H. Schloemer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "And there will be no work life balance due to severe understaffing at almost every property due to tight budgets" (in 3 reviews)

• "While I am still new and know I have some speed bumps to work through, I have not experienced any cons regarding Continental Properties to date" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company Culture!"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been here for about 7 months, but I absolutely love working here. My favorite part about this company is the people. EVERYONE around you wants you to succeed including my team, those outside of my department, and even the CEO. Your opinion and feedback is valued and actually taken into consideration by executives at the company. I am constantly thanked and appreciated for the smallest tasks, which really means a lot, as well as says a lot about our company culture. Managers take the time to get to know each employee in their department, and strive to ensure that their career aspirations are achieved. I could not be happier that I chose to join this company, and I look forward to what the future holds for Continental!

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but some people may not be able to adapt to our pace and expectations. With the industry we are in, we must continue to raise the bar each year to succeed. With that being said, the environment is very fast-paced and expectations are high for each and every employee.

Advice to Management

Continue to take employee feedback into consideration when making decisions/changes, as that is what seems to allow us to continue to be so successful!

2. "Assistant property manager"

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

They have great training programs .

Cons

Upper management gives no support and allows you to get unfair treatment and bullying from peers. And there will be no work life balance due to severe understaffing at almost every property due to tight budgets.

3. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Finally, a company that lives up to the culture it advertises! You don't feel like you're a number or just an employee with Continental; instead, you are allowed to be the CEO of your position and truly make a difference to Continental's work. You will work with bright talent who are all driven to produce results and think outside the conventional ways of how we've done something in the past. The executives are so invested in their employees and take time to get to know and understand who their employees are. It's refreshing to be greeted by name by an executive in the halls because they've taken the time to know their workforce.

Cons

It's a fast moving environment and may not fit everyone's style of work. The culture focuses on debate and challenge in order to find new ideas, but it can take some getting acclimated to be accustomed to the openness of challenging ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You hire great talent and allow them to do their job. You are humble and realize you need all your employees to deliver the high level of work; keep treating employees like the individuals they are.

4. "Continental Properties- A Great Company to Join!"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Continental Properties has a great company culture that provides amazing resources to its employees to be successful in the work they do. The company promotes and provides development for all of its employees, company wide. The wages and benefits are competitive and the amenities that are provided are exceptional. Continental Properties truly cares about its employees.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You hire talented employees and allow them to flourish.

5. "Leading Associate"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent.

Cons

The interview process was very quick which should of been my first sign. After I got the offer letter and told them I would start in two weeks as I needed to put it in with my other job, the Assistant Manager asked me if I could start sooner. Should have been my second sign. After I started I came into an office that was behind on so much paperwork along with being short staffed. I was thrown into the daily routine without even finishing my training because I didn’t have time. What a nightmare working there. I had conversations with other employees at different locations who were having the same issue.

Advice to Management

Train, train and Train. Have more of a work/life balance for employees.

Continental Properties Company, Inc. Response

Dec 10, 2018 – Continental Properties

Thank you for your review. At Continental, we respect the need to provide a two-week notice to your employer as we would appreciate the same. We apologize in regards to your experience and wish you... More

6. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Continental provides all the tools you need to succeed. Leadership listens to feedback, and truly cares about their employees. My experience was been entirely positive.

Cons

Nothing negative. Really enjoy working for such a great company!

7. "Hardworkers only"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a clear right and wrong way to do something and if you aren’t sure, there is surely a handbook, chart, or checklist for you to follow.

Cons

The parental leave or flex time options are lacking.

8. "Property Manager"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great company benefits. Pay and commissions are good.

Cons

Work never ends. Tireless hours.

Advice to Management

Get more help so the properties can run like a A property.

9. "Assistant Property Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Bradenton, FL

Pros

Home office is out of Wisconsin. We are an Committed to providing unparalled VALUE to our customers by giving the most HONEST Customer Service.

Cons

There are no Cons.

10. "Allow workplace harassment"

Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Buda, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Buda, TX

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits that’s it

Cons

After hours, expected to do cleaning and leasing and still have time for all the inbetweens

Advice to Management

Don’t blame new people for all the issues an older employee does. Workplace harassment isn’t excusable and issues should be resolved through communication calmly not aggressively. I’m so surprised this is one of the best companies to work for.

Continental Properties Company, Inc. Response

Jul 31, 2018 – Continental Properties

At Continental, we strive to provide a welcoming and productive work environment for all our employees. We are truly saddened you feel you did not have this experience with us and appreciate you... More