Continental Properties Company, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Waco, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the hours, the benefits programs and the my overall work environment.

Cons

Honestly I have none that come it mind.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the multiple training classes and webinars to help employees stay up-to-date with all the new information and websites that we work with on a daily basis.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Continental Properties is a unique real estate company that employs professionals form a wide array of backgrounds. I get to work with great knowledgeable people and get the opportunity to learn from their experience and teach them about my own. The company reaches out to employees and encourages feedback on how they can improve. It’s also very passionate about on-boarding and setting employees up for success.

Cons

We have lots of quick deadlines we must meet to capitalize on opportunities. If you are not used to this type of atmosphere this may not be the right place for you.

3. "Manager"

Pros

Continental offers the opportunity to work with extremely bright, driven and friendly people. I am given the opportunity ( and the expectation) to constantly improve my performance, take on challenging assignments and learn, learn , learn.
    Company leadership tries to communicate strategies and challenges and to listen to the opinions of the staff.

Cons

Pace is hectic, sometimes last-minute and the bar for performance is high (not a bad thing, just something that one has to be prepared to accept).

4. "Great Company; Even Greater People"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Co-workers all willing to assist and provide support. From top to bottom
    Very Team oriented across the entire company
    Good Benefits
    Nice Office

Cons

A medium-large company growing quickly causes for minor growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Promoting within, seeking the "best and brightest", emphasizing team and growth on an individual and company basis; all great values making for a great company to work for.

5. "New employee"

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Greenville, SC

Pros

Generously compensated. Excellent benefits. Wonderful work environment. Industry leading training program.

Cons

Exceptional customer service standards can be a little trying at times.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Great company with amazing leadership."

Current Employee - Accounting in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Accounting in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jim, the Owner of the company, leadership open door policy, benefits, half day Fridays in August, and flexible work life balance.

Cons

Takes too long to promote good people. Support teams are under staffed. HR doesn't know what the support departments do so the salaries are on the low end.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Re-evaluate salaries.

Continental Properties Company, Inc. Response

Jul 13, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your constructive feedback, we very much value you taking the time to write a review and offer suggestions for our improvement. Please consider sharing your concerns directly with your... More

7. "Great Employer!"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. part-time

Pros

Fantastic training program and great customer service to their residents

Cons

Some computer glitches in the training

8. "New Employee"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Excellent training during your first couple of weeks and great benefits.

Cons

The amount of traveling required.

"Incredible People, Incredible Culture!"

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Continental focuses on recruiting motivated, intelligent, and skilled team members. Because of this, team members are empowered to own their position and afforded the room to do what they do best without being micromanaged. You will be surrounded by individuals who truly care about each other as much as they do results and this creates a culture of team, as well as individual success. All of these successes are highly celebrated throughout the company.

Salaries and benefits are exceptional. The company is continuing to grow, which opens many opportunities - whether a promotion within your department, a transfer to another, or additional inter-departmental responsibilities.

On the MF side, care is taken to produce a great apartment community, which includes feedback from team members as well as residents as new developments come online. Customer service is a key focus and the teams consistently score very well. Recognizing team and individual accomplishments is commonplace within the MF department.

Continental has created a culture of transparency and delivers information to all team members effectively, including an annual company wide meeting to discuss where the company has been and where they are heading. Individual opinions are encouraged along with debate to challenge ideas, all in a respectful manner.
    Feedback from all team members is solicited anonymously at least annually and is reviewed by Sr Mgmt to ensure they stay on course with culture they have taken such care in creating.

Cons

In a culture of ownership, expectations are high. This is not a "con" in and of itself, but noteworthy nonetheless. In some cases support may be limited because expectations on an individual are so high. With properties located throughout the country, email is a preferred method of communication for many and can quickly become overwhelming, especially for those who deal directly with customers and are not tied to a screen throughout the day.

Some departments have limited growth potential, especially on the MF side unless you are able to relocate. The MF team, however, is growing rapidly and this will open more opportunities regionally.

On the MF side, work-life balance can be challenging with operations 24/7/365. There is a great responsibility in managing (at any level) a community with hundreds of residents. You must be very flexible with your time in the evenings as well as weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep culture in the forefront as you continue to grow. Senior and Executive Leaders should have more frequent and substantial individual feedback sessions with team members at all levels.

Keep expectations high, but do not lose site of the people who are the focus of these expectations. Value their personal time and do not create an atmosphere where response outside of working hours is the expectation, unless it is a critical matter. When a critical issue arises or a fast response is needed, pick up the phone instead of emailing - a much more effective and efficient method, in my opinion.

10. "So impressed and excited to be a part of this company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in New Braunfels, TX

Pros

I have recently started with Continental and everyone has been SO welcoming. It's clear to see the company recognizes hard work and shares successes (personal and professional) with each other! It's so refreshing to be a part of a huge team that is motivating and professional.

Cons

I haven't observed any cons, truly.