Continental Properties Company, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
James H. Schloemer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Continental Properties is a unique real estate company that employs professionals form a wide array of backgrounds (in 5 reviews)

• Tons of incentive programs, great benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • None to report, this company is great (in 2 reviews)

• While I am still new and know I have some speed bumps to work through, I have not experienced any cons regarding Continental Properties to date (in 2 reviews)

1. "Continental Properties are prestigious, and well deserving of their many accolades."

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees as family, communication streams are always open and they are always looking for ways to improve and grow.

Cons

Everything has been smooth sailing.

2. "Continental Properties is the best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Training is incredibly efficient and organized. Video tutorials are user-friendly, helpful and straight forward. The entire company is connected and there's even a monthly company-wide conference call to keep everyone up to speed with the happenings of other properties across the nation. Every employee I've met thus far is very welcoming and helpful. There's a buddy program where you are assigned a mentor from another property, which is great in case you have any issues that you may be uncomfortable discussing with your on-site team. I honestly don't foresee that being an issue though because my on-site manager is very knowledgeable, professional, helpful, patient, calming, encouraging and motivating. This company does a great job screening new hires with multiple levels of interviews, reference checks and personality assessments. I would expect that because these properties are Class A+ and not just anyone should be given the opportunity to run these multi-million dollar assets. Everyone I work with is as passionate and dedicated to our community as I am, and it's truly a dream come true to be working with other like-minded, dedicated individuals. I can see myself fulfilling all of my potential with Continental Properties, and I've never been as excited or inspired to go to work every day as I am now. I am very grateful for my job and the chance to live at and manage one of the most beautiful properties in Michigan.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

I'm impressed with the efficiency, training and daily processes in store across the company. I'm also impressed with upper management's commitment to providing support to their on-site teams. Even if regional's are located several states away, they really put in the effort to make it seem like they are in the office with you by utilizing Skype and other modern technology programs.

3. "My experience"

Pros

Benefits are great. I feel very well taken care of with the benefit packages offered. It’s very important to the companies owners.

Cons

Communication can be tough at times. Not feeling heard by management at times. Not comfortable going to Human resource. Got to big to fast.

4. "Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great team environment with excellent benefits.

Cons

None observed at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Good Pay!"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good and good benefits.

Cons

Not enough staff and 1 person does the job of two. Because there are two properties.

6. "Best company i've worked for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

The culture and value that each employee brings is truly incredible. Customer service is always above and beyond. The customer satisfaction guarantee and customer pledge that Continental stands firm in is nothing like any other community I have been to. Each employee is treated with respect and there is a great work/personal life balance! The employees are definitely shown appreciation by the owners/management.

Cons

I wish there were more Continental properties so more people got to experience the great atmosphere of living and working for them.

7. "Management"

Pros

Good benefits. That’s about all I can say about that. I’m having s hard time dreaming up anything more to say.

Cons

Undervalue staff. Pay better to new coming in than those who have proven their loyalty. Unfair moving and transfer benefits for those willing to move about the country, no time given to do so- must take pto. Growing too fast for what the current platform can handle. Promoting PMs too quickly w/ not enough experience. Lack of listening to leadership.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they won’t listen.

Continental Properties Company, Inc. Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Continental Properties

We appreciate your feedback and are troubled to learn you feel undervalued. Our culture supports an open door policy where team members are encouraged to share their opinions and ideas. We want to... More

8. "Leasing"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great office
    Awesome onsite team
    Decent pay
    Incentives to hit goals
    Great benefits

Cons

Disconnect between onsite team and home office
    Terrible communication from home office in regards to important things affecting the onsite team, but send out useless information that doesn't help with leasing
    Promotions and advancement promised but terrible feedback is given and empty promises.

Advice to Management

Listen to the onsite teams, we are trying to make things better but it seems as though it's going unheard.
    Do a better job with market research

Continental Properties Company, Inc. Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Continental Properties

Thank you for your feedback. Continental strives to embrace a “one team” mentality; we are disappointed to hear that you feel there is a disconnect between the home office and onsite team. We would... More

9. "Great information"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Pros

Easy to use, lots of information.

Cons

At times felt a little rushed

10. "Senior Development Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Amazing group of team members that all bring different talents to the table. Never a dull moment- each new project brings with it a unique set of challenges to overcome. Working together as a team to solve each of those challenges is truly rewarding.

Continental takes pride in promoting a debate/challenge culture. Each employee's voice is respected and individual opinions are expected. The group must collaborate to come up with solutions together, as a team.

Continental periodically schedules full company meetings , allowing all employees the chance to understand the company's long-term goals. The company also does a great job of planning after-work functions to allow coworkers the chance to socialize outside of the office.

Cons

There are some high-stress situations throughout each project's life cycle due to the nature of our business. This is not a 9-5 job (not necessarily a con, just wanted to be clear on expectations!)