Continental Properties Company, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
James H. Schloemer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • None to report, this company is great (in 2 reviews)

• On the MF side, work-life balance can be challenging with operations 24/7/365 (in 2 reviews)

1. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started with Continental Properties a couple weeks ago. I have never worked for a company that is so organzied during the training process. Every employee has been extremely helpful while I continue to learn the new processes, policies, and systems. I could not be more grateful for the opportunity to work for a company that all the employees seem to love. I think I made the right choice!

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far.

2. "Continental used to care about employees...now they care about the bottom line."

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great benefits and a good vacation package(when you have time to actually use it) and I loved the 30 day pledge.

Cons

They used to care about their employees, but now they only care about metrics and meeting deadlines. They don’t care about work/life balance of their managers as they are okay if you work 7 days a week. They forgot the definition of constructive criticism as they never tell you what you do right, just what you do wrong. They also just care about making money and they have no empathy for residents anymore.

Advice to Management

You got too big for your britches. Dial it back and remember where you came from. Stop being so hard on your managers and reach out to them when they are struggling and help instead of just knocking them down.

3. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never worked with a company that has more integrity than Continental Properties! Culture is everything at Continental and you can tell the second you walk through the doors that all the team members buy-in to the values that Continental was built on.

Cons

No cons at this time

4. "Leasing Associate"

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Amazing training process! I am new to the industry and the entire staff have been very helpful in getting me started in my new career. Benefits are amazing and even include some company paid benefits.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "The best job experience ever!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time

Pros

Family-like community of co-workers, great hours, flexible schedules, help whenever you need it from the entire company, and my favorite is feeling you are part of something amazing!

Cons

There are none! I absolutely love my job and could not ask for a better place to "work"! I feel like I have gained a home away from home!

6. "Good Honest Company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Live Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Live Oak, TX

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for. They are so open, honest and hard working. Everyone in the company is fun to work with, cooperative and SOO friendly. Their values and goals for the company are very honorable and they ACTUALLY put them into action instead of just talking about them. It's like working with a close-knit professional family. They all care so much about their employees, while still maintaining a professional work environment. I feel right at home here! I will be with the company for a long time to come.

Cons

Sometimes the residents can be demanding and stressful. But it's Multi-Family Housing, so that is to be expected. Just grow some tough skin, and smile your way through it. A good customer service background will get you far.

Advice to Management

Y'all are good! No complaints so far. Maybe just pay closer attention to new hires and their training process. Do more hands on training and shadowing versus just training videos.

7. "Run hard and fast!"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Continental Properties Company, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

0! The people running this company are incompetent even on their best day! They have managers go through a grueling interview process only to end up reporting to people who are clueless with limited experirence at best. Only gave 1 star because a negative star was not an option.

Cons

Anything you could imagine they do and they do it badly! Don't work for this company. Period. Unethical, dishonest and the list goes on.

Advice to Management

Hire and keep people who know what they are doing and stop counting on people that have 0 experience with NO work ethic or people who simply have no experience running any type of business. I wouldn't trust your senior management to walk my dog!

Continental Properties Company, Inc. Response

Apr 19, 2018 – Continental Properties

Thank you for your feedback. At Continental, we pride ourselves on our commitment to ethics and integrity in all our dealings and in our respect for our co-workers. In this instance it appears our... More

8. "Continental Properties are prestigious, and well deserving of their many accolades."

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Sarasota, FL

Pros

They treat their employees as family, communication streams are always open and they are always looking for ways to improve and grow.

Cons

Everything has been smooth sailing.

9. "Continental Properties is the best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Training is incredibly efficient and organized. Video tutorials are user-friendly, helpful and straight forward. The entire company is connected and there's even a monthly company-wide conference call to keep everyone up to speed with the happenings of other properties across the nation. Every employee I've met thus far is very welcoming and helpful. There's a buddy program where you are assigned a mentor from another property, which is great in case you have any issues that you may be uncomfortable discussing with your on-site team. I honestly don't foresee that being an issue though because my on-site manager is very knowledgeable, professional, helpful, patient, calming, encouraging and motivating. This company does a great job screening new hires with multiple levels of interviews, reference checks and personality assessments. I would expect that because these properties are Class A+ and not just anyone should be given the opportunity to run these multi-million dollar assets. Everyone I work with is as passionate and dedicated to our community as I am, and it's truly a dream come true to be working with other like-minded, dedicated individuals. I can see myself fulfilling all of my potential with Continental Properties, and I've never been as excited or inspired to go to work every day as I am now. I am very grateful for my job and the chance to live at and manage one of the most beautiful properties in Michigan.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

I'm impressed with the efficiency, training and daily processes in store across the company. I'm also impressed with upper management's commitment to providing support to their on-site teams. Even if regional's are located several states away, they really put in the effort to make it seem like they are in the office with you by utilizing Skype and other modern technology programs.

10. "My experience"

Pros

Benefits are great. I feel very well taken care of with the benefit packages offered. It’s very important to the companies owners.

Cons

Communication can be tough at times. Not feeling heard by management at times. Not comfortable going to Human resource. Got to big to fast.