Continental Properties Leasing Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2019

2.2
Continental Properties CEO James H. Schloemer
James H. Schloemer

"The best job experience ever!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time

Pros

Family-like community of co-workers, great hours, flexible schedules, help whenever you need it from the entire company, and my favorite is feeling you are part of something amazing!

Cons

There are none! I absolutely love my job and could not ask for a better place to "work"! I feel like I have gained a home away from home!

Continental Properties2018-03-08
  2. "Corporate lacking"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office was nice, that's about it.

Cons

Corporate does not care to understand their employees needs and cannot staff or keep a staff. Management focused on throwing people under the bus and not giving support to employees.

Advice to Management

Take time to see the issues and why you can barely keep properties fully staffed.

Continental Properties2019-11-04

"Leading Associate"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was decent.

Cons

The interview process was very quick which should of been my first sign. After I got the offer letter and told them I would start in two weeks as I needed to put it in with my other job, the Assistant Manager asked me if I could start sooner. Should have been my second sign. After I started I came into an office that was behind on so much paperwork along with being short staffed. I was thrown into the daily routine... without even finishing my training because I didn’t have time. What a nightmare working there. I had conversations with other employees at different locations who were having the same issue.

Advice to Management

Train, train and Train. Have more of a work/life balance for employees.

Continental Properties2018-12-02

"Good Honest Company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Live Oak, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for. They are so open, honest and hard working. Everyone in the company is fun to work with, cooperative and SOO friendly. Their values and goals for the company are very honorable and they ACTUALLY put them into action instead of just talking about them. It's like working with a close-knit professional family. They all care so much about their employees, while still... maintaining a professional work environment. I feel right at home here! I will be with the company for a long time to come.

Cons

Sometimes the residents can be demanding and stressful. But it's Multi-Family Housing, so that is to be expected. Just grow some tough skin, and smile your way through it. A good customer service background will get you far.

Advice to Management

Y'all are good! No complaints so far. Maybe just pay closer attention to new hires and their training process. Do more hands on training and shadowing versus just training videos.

Continental Properties2018-03-05
  5. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Waco, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the hours, the benefits programs and the my overall work environment.

Cons

Honestly I have none that come it mind.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the multiple training classes and webinars to help employees stay up-to-date with all the new information and websites that we work with on a daily basis.

Continental Properties2017-09-18
  6. "BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR EVER!!!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Waco, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tons of incentive programs, great benefits

Cons

None to report, this company is great

Continental Properties2017-02-18

"Not a bad job, but not a great one either."

Former Employee - Floating Leasing Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's interesting to meet new people and lease them an apartment. Good opportunity to become a better salesperson and learn how to deal with irate residents.

Cons

The company does not care about the residents based on how they handled maintenance requests. Turnover of maintenance, sales and management was so high that when someone new would get hired you wouldn't expect them to last. I worked at two properties and during 9 months there were four different property managers and 3 different maintenance managers and that includes long stretches of time with no manager at all.... The commission on a one year lease is a joke.

Advice to Management

Residents don't care if you hand them a muffin and an orange juice as they leave for the morning, they also don't care about your monthly balance sheet, they want their maintenance requests handled in a timely manner and they don't want to see a different face every other time they walk in the leasing office. These issues send the message that you don't care about the residents, the property or the staff and make... the resident feel terrible they signed a contract and are now stuck.

Continental Properties2015-04-26