Continental Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Continental Properties CEO James H. Schloemer
James H. Schloemer
Pros
Cons
  • "At this time, I have no concerns or cons about working at Continental Properties Company, Inc(in 5 reviews)

• "God forbid your on a new property/lease up(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company Culture!"

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been here for about 7 months, but I absolutely love working here. My favorite part about this company is the people. EVERYONE around you wants you to succeed including my team, those outside of my department, and even the CEO. Your opinion and feedback is valued and actually taken into consideration by executives at the company. I am constantly thanked and appreciated for the smallest tasks, which really... means a lot, as well as says a lot about our company culture. Managers take the time to get to know each employee in their department, and strive to ensure that their career aspirations are achieved. I could not be happier that I chose to join this company, and I look forward to what the future holds for Continental!

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but some people may not be able to adapt to our pace and expectations. With the industry we are in, we must continue to raise the bar each year to succeed. With that being said, the environment is very fast-paced and expectations are high for each and every employee.

Advice to Management

Continue to take employee feedback into consideration when making decisions/changes, as that is what seems to allow us to continue to be so successful!

Continental Properties2018-12-10
  2. "Fantastic environment and a team that supports it's culture"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Savage, MN

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive work environment, great on the job training and coaching, good benefits, beautiful homes and work spaces

Cons

I am a fairly new employee, but so far I have not seen any cons

Advice to Management

Continue living the culture

Continental Properties2019-12-02
  3. "Busy but Bright"

Current Employee - Construction Project Engineer in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is awesome. The people are great. The work that we do is great. The projects are fun to be apart of. I enjoy the challenges of the day to day.

Cons

work load is heavy and staffing is sometimes lacking. Company assigns homework (books to read etc. - hard to do outside of work due to family life. kids schedules etc. especially when one works 50 hrs / week as it is. ) "Director" level management could do a better job fulfilling their roles. Some employees are shown favoritism from their managers/management. Example: coming in late/leaving early. sends a bad... image to the rest of the fish tank. I think the WFH policy needs to be addressed before it gets abused under interpretation.

Advice to Management

i think management / officers need to follow up with their director level employees more frequently to alleviate bad habits and problems before they become something.

Continental Properties2019-11-15
  4. "Corporate lacking"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office was nice, that's about it.

Cons

Corporate does not care to understand their employees needs and cannot staff or keep a staff. Management focused on throwing people under the bus and not giving support to employees.

Advice to Management

Take time to see the issues and why you can barely keep properties fully staffed.

Continental Properties2019-11-04
  5. "Just don’t"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Romeoville, IL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On site team becomes like family, some great residents, good pto.

Cons

Awful Chicago person who can’t get her story straight. Changing time cards without approval, she doesn’t offer to help but yet criticized every aspect of every employee, and talks crap about other residents and employees., overkill on the “training” lease ups can be long hours.

Advice to Management

Listen to your on site staff, not just the higher ups, they don’t always tell the whole truth. You have lost a lot of great employees due to awful people trying to “run” things. The people who work on your property day in and day out deserve so much more recognition for what they deal with. I felt forced to leave a job that I absolutely loved because of the bullying happening from Someone. HR was absolutely no help... either and went as far as telling me my letter of resignation didn’t match my former complaints (note complaintS). My letter shouldn’t have to match all my former complaints and that shouldn’t ever dismiss someone’s concerns with another employee.

Continental Properties2019-09-21
  6. "Assists in leasing apartments"

Current Employee - Leasing Associate

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

positive work environment, fun, good work/life balance, benefits

Cons

can get busy, may have to work overtime/weekends occasionally

Continental Properties2019-08-16
  7. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Floating Leasing Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extensive training in the property management industry, especially if your new. Decent pay and great commissions! Loved the ability to work independently and manage your day to day! The properties are easy to sell, and kept up beautifully.

Cons

Although the training was great, it can be redundant. Wish there was a way to test out. Some micro management from site level managers. The promotion process is a bit excessive.

Advice to Management

I wish Continental would continue to increase diversity out in the field, I’ve seen a lot of POC being brought into the industry and it was extremely inspiring. All in all I think it is a solid and growing company.

Continental Properties2019-07-22
  8. "Company with TONS of potential and growth"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time

Pros

Growing company, good pay, decent benefits

Cons

Micro managing from the Home Office. A lot of focus on the negative and not the positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth!!

Continental Properties2019-06-20
  9. "New and Excited"

Current Employee - Leasing Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I definitely feel like the company wants me to succeed and believes in my ability and work ethic. I have a very experienced and knowledgeable Community Manager who doesn't mind if I ask questions.

Cons

I am new to the field so some of the "Lingo" took me a minute to learn, but the training helped a lot with that.

Continental Properties2019-05-23
  10. "Growing Rapidly, company can’t keep up"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is competitive and I like most of my co-workers, were basically family.

Cons

The company is growing so rapidly they can’t keep up with hiring people to make sure current staff isnt being being overworked. Promoting people to oversee a specific area and they decide they don’t think people are knowledgeable enough in their jobs, constantly sending demeaning emails and making comments about needing “new” training yet can’t give specifics, nothing is consistent, policies change depending on... who you’re talking to and what they feel like doing that day. Area managers feel they’re “above” the rules and don’t follow company policies, leaving on site staff to fix their messes. The constant training that takes away from getting work done is frustrating and if you miss a training you’ll get reprimanded

Advice to Management

Listen to your on site staff, believe it or not we deal with a lot of crap and don’t get enough recognition for all that we do! If a property is stabilized and meeting numbers there is no reason to be open on Sunday’s! Let people spend time with their families

Continental Properties2019-04-27