Continental Properties "continental properties" Reviews | Glassdoor

Continental Properties Employee Reviews about "continental properties"

Updated Feb 25, 2019

4.1
Continental Properties CEO James H. Schloemer
James H. Schloemer
Pros
Cons
  • "At this time, I have no concerns or cons about working at Continental Properties Company, Inc(in 5 reviews)

• "God forbid your on a new property/lease up(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "continental properties"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Love Continental!"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in West Dundee, IL

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really love working for Continental Properties Company because they have an amazing moral standard, it's a fun place to work, my colleagues are fantastic, & I feel like I am a part of a team.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons working for Continental Properties Company.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time.

Continental Properties2019-02-25
  2. "Internship turned into a career"

Current Employee - Multifamily Systems Support Coordinator in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started working for Continental back in 2012 to fulfill an internship requirement to graduate college. Little did I know when I started at Continental that it would turn into a very rewarding career. I spent 4 years working onsite at several Springs apartment communities, before coming to our home office 3 years ago. I worked in 4 states and at several different Springs locations providing me with a lot of... different opportunities. Every team worked with at the Springs was always very supportive and had the mindset of "There is no I in team" and it was a great environment to work in. Now that I am at our home office, it' still the same mindset and you will never hear someone say "that's not my job."

Cons

At this time, I have no concerns or cons about working at Continental Properties Company, Inc.

Continental Properties2019-02-07
  3. "Overall Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Continental Properties is by far the best company I have worked for. They are an honorable company to work for and really take care of their employees. Some of the highlights of their benefits and programs are: • Strategic programs to develop your career track • Great benefits including 401K match, tuition reimbursement, BAAB bonus program, employee assistance program, competitive healthcare plans. • Salaries... are reviewed at least yearly to adjust according to market. • 18 days of PTO in your first full calendar year of employment. Year of hire accrues PTO at a slower rate and is prorated. Generous rollover days allowed • Half day Fridays in August. • Monthly learning sessions about the company with lunch provided • Quarterly and Annual meetings to discuss the state of the company • Yearly "challenge" meetings to discuss in groups what the company can do better. • Performance reviews and annual interviews to discuss your personal progress and concerns about your job. • “Continental Cares” program to give back to the community through non-profit partnerships. • A leadership program is being Other intangible benefits: • It is a very positive environment. People generally have a lot of team spirit and company pride. We all want to work to see the company grow and improve. • Executive leadership communicates effectively with the company. There are several meetings each year to make sure everyone aware of what the goals are and how the company is doing to achieve those goals. • Depending on the department, managers generally promote voluntary activities to get to know each other—lunch outings, happy hours, holiday activities, etc. • The company is committed to hiring the “best and brightest”. It is encouraging to trust that the people they hire are competent, intelligent, and hard workers. It makes doing the daily work easier when you are on a committed team. • Resources are generally available if you can make a case for what you need and how it will benefit the company in the long run. The leadership genuinely wants to help us be more comfortable and efficient. They value the people who work here and know that being too conservative with resources will not make this company better. • The company values success and is proud to be recognized as top performer in the industry.

Cons

While I really enjoy working for Continental Properties, there are always a few pain points in every organizations. Some minor issues this company faces are: • The industry is VERY fast paced. This is something that management tries to emphasize upon hire, as it can be a. However, sometimes being a fast-paced company can be used as an excuse for poor planning and poor communication between departments. There are... times that transactions happen without communicating to appropriate people from supporting departments such as IT, accounting, marketing, etc. Similarly, cultural phrases such as “raising the bar” or “going above and beyond” or “doing whatever it takes” (while great in the right context) can sometimes be used as a justification of doing excessive work in short periods of time due to the poor planning and communication of other people. There have never been any detrimental cases since I have been here, but it can cause a lot of frustration. A task force was developed before I was hired to roll out a Smartsheet system to improve productivity/communication, but it is still being tested, and I am unsure how much it will benefit the supporting departments that are not directly involved in development, construction, and operations teams. • While executive leaders and management are constantly looking for feedback, action and response to the feedback can be very slow. At the very least, the company is always asking for your opinion and what your concerns are, which many companies don’t even do, however I have been disappointed by some of the follow-up in the past. • From my experience and experience I have heard from others, negotiating salary/benefits is difficult. Since the company tries to base its offers on the market, and reevaluates on a yearly basis, it can be difficult to negotiate from their firm position. This may be a bit of a shock if you are used to negotiating for what you want. The company tries to take more of a proactive approach, which may not always feel great to people who are assertive by nature as you generally have to take what they offer. That being said, I feel like I am being compensated well and my benefits are above average. • When I was hired, racial diversity was minimal throughout the company. This has improved since then company-wide. However, it would be nice to see more racial and gender diversity at the executive and VP levels as the company continues to grow. • Some department leaders are better than others about executing the career development, performance reviews, ask interviews, and other HR initiatives intended to benefit the employees. I have a great manager who takes these very seriously, but I have seen others not have good results. If these initiatives are extremely important to you, make sure you ask the hiring manager about them during the interview stage, and continue to push for them to be engaged during your employment.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and take tangible steps to follow-up on suggestions. As we grow, continue to involve more diverse groups of people in executive leadership and overall decision making.

Continental Properties2019-02-06
  4. "Continental Properties- A Great Company to Join!"

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time

Pros

Continental Properties has a great company culture that provides amazing resources to its employees to be successful in the work they do. The company promotes and provides development for all of its employees, company wide. The wages and benefits are competitive and the amenities that are provided are exceptional. Continental Properties truly cares about its employees.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You hire talented employees and allow them to flourish.

Continental Properties2018-11-08

"Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just started with Continental Properties a couple weeks ago. I have never worked for a company that is so organzied during the training process. Every employee has been extremely helpful while I continue to learn the new processes, policies, and systems. I could not be more grateful for the opportunity to work for a company that all the employees seem to love. I think I made the right choice!

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far.

Continental Properties2018-04-18

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked with a company that has more integrity than Continental Properties! Culture is everything at Continental and you can tell the second you walk through the doors that all the team members buy-in to the values that Continental was built on.

Cons

No cons at this time

Continental Properties2018-04-02
  7. "Best company i've worked for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture and value that each employee brings is truly incredible. Customer service is always above and beyond. The customer satisfaction guarantee and customer pledge that Continental stands firm in is nothing like any other community I have been to. Each employee is treated with respect and there is a great work/personal life balance! The employees are definitely shown appreciation by the owners/management.

Cons

I wish there were more Continental properties so more people got to experience the great atmosphere of living and working for them.

Continental Properties2017-12-13

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Continental Properties is a unique real estate company that employs professionals form a wide array of backgrounds. I get to work with great knowledgeable people and get the opportunity to learn from their experience and teach them about my own. The company reaches out to employees and encourages feedback on how they can improve. It’s also very passionate about on-boarding and setting employees up for success.

Cons

We have lots of quick deadlines we must meet to capitalize on opportunities. If you are not used to this type of atmosphere this may not be the right place for you.

Continental Properties2017-08-14

"New and Very Happy!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been employed with Continental Properties for a short time, but I know I made the right decision in joining this team. The hiring process was lengthy, but well worth it. It gave me the opportunity to meet many on the upper management team that I would not necessarily have met, and made me feel as though I was empowered right from the start. One thing I've noticed is how everyone encourages and promotes... each other to strive to be the best and to provide the best customer service possible. Many preach customer service but few actually practice it. Continental Properties actually practices it! This helps create a more enjoyable and pleasing environment not only for the customer but also for the employee by cutting down and trying to eliminate the negativity. I still have a lot of Continental's best practices and policies to learn, but am looking forward to doing so!

Cons

While I am still new and know I have some speed bumps to work through, I have not experienced any cons regarding Continental Properties to date.

Continental Properties2017-03-20

"Best Company, No Substitutions"

Property Manager in Savannah, GA

I worked at Continental Properties

Pros

Continental Properties was a fantastic place to work. The corporate office was involved at the appropriate level and cared about the properties. As a manager, they give you the freedom to control your property. Many companies will simply use the manager as a pawn to facilitate their end goals; regardless of who gets hurt in the end (usually office management). With Continental, you will be given the opportunity to... shine! Unlike other companies, there truly is room for growth here. I was promoted from an assistant to a manager, my leasing staff is still with the company and are both currently assistant managers at new properties. If my husband weren't in the military and we didn't move, I would have stayed with the company. It was a wonderful experience.

Cons

Because they build in "up-and coming" areas, you may not have a close sister property. However, they are happy to help when and where they can by sending team members from other properties. Although, this isn't true for all of their sites-

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I loved being apart of the professional group that made up CPCI.

Continental Properties2015-06-19