Continental Properties "lease" Reviews | Glassdoor

Continental Properties Employee Reviews about "lease"

Updated 21 Sep 2019

4.1
Continental Properties CEO James H. Schloemer
James H. Schloemer
Pros
Cons
  • "At this time, I have no concerns or cons about working at Continental Properties Company, Inc(in 5 reviews)

• "God forbid your on a new property/lease up(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "lease"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Interview Review"

Current Employee - Leasing Asociae in Austin, TX

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication between manager and associates.

Cons

I ready don't have any cons, for this company other than as a leasing associate you have to work weekends, But there is many other companies that make you work weekends too as a leasing associates.

Continental Properties2017-02-06
  2. "Just don’t"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Romeoville, IL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On site team becomes like family, some great residents, good pto.

Cons

Awful Chicago person who can’t get her story straight. Changing time cards without approval, she doesn’t offer to help but yet criticized every aspect of every employee, and talks crap about other residents and employees., overkill on the “training” lease ups can be long hours.

Advice to Management

Listen to your on site staff, not just the higher ups, they don’t always tell the whole truth. You have lost a lot of great employees due to awful people trying to “run” things. The people who work on your property day in and day out deserve so much more recognition for what they deal with. I felt forced to leave a job that I absolutely loved because of the bullying happening from Someone. HR was absolutely no help... either and went as far as telling me my letter of resignation didn’t match my former complaints (note complaintS). My letter shouldn’t have to match all my former complaints and that shouldn’t ever dismiss someone’s concerns with another employee.

Continental Properties2019-09-21
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Bad life balance ."

I worked at Continental Properties

Pros

Nice friendly co-worker and rent discounts

Cons

Did you know chick-fil a looses over a billion dollars a year being closed on sundays so employees can spend time with family, ( just a thought) That being said there is no life balance . Upon arrival of the company you will be expected to learn 10 new websites and you better know them inside and out or be frowned upon on your 30 day review. You will never get a bonus for completed work orders because you will... always have management putting new ones in no matter how fast you do them. God forbid your on a new property/lease up. You will have cursing matches between management and construction for not having the buildings completed on time. Then you and your maintenance team will become housekeepers and have to go in and complete all the work cleaning ,mopping ,touchup paint and waxing floors for the brand new apartment because you will have 1 day before 5 move ins. And the construction companies cleaners have already been in there 3 times but cant get it right. Micromanaging is key with this company so much so that you question what position you were hired for. Everything is through email and you better download the app because you will be overwhelmed with them. Let's move to training, you are required to be on training calls continually for hours at a time while your work gets further from being done and you will get repramanded for missing any training.

Advice to Management

Like running down a hill at 1st its exciting but then your body takes you faster than you can control it and suddenly you find yourself out if control.

Continental Properties2019-03-14
  5. "Leasing"

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time

Pros

Great office Awesome onsite team Decent pay Incentives to hit goals Great benefits

Cons

Disconnect between onsite team and home office Terrible communication from home office in regards to important things affecting the onsite team, but send out useless information that doesn't help with leasing Promotions and advancement promised but terrible feedback is given and empty promises.

Advice to Management

Listen to the onsite teams, we are trying to make things better but it seems as though it's going unheard. Do a better job with market research

Continental Properties2017-11-21

"Not a bad job, but not a great one either."

Former Employee - Floating Leasing Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's interesting to meet new people and lease them an apartment. Good opportunity to become a better salesperson and learn how to deal with irate residents.

Cons

The company does not care about the residents based on how they handled maintenance requests. Turnover of maintenance, sales and management was so high that when someone new would get hired you wouldn't expect them to last. I worked at two properties and during 9 months there were four different property managers and 3 different maintenance managers and that includes long stretches of time with no manager at all.... The commission on a one year lease is a joke.

Advice to Management

Residents don't care if you hand them a muffin and an orange juice as they leave for the morning, they also don't care about your monthly balance sheet, they want their maintenance requests handled in a timely manner and they don't want to see a different face every other time they walk in the leasing office. These issues send the message that you don't care about the residents, the property or the staff and make... the resident feel terrible they signed a contract and are now stuck.

Continental Properties2015-04-26