Continuant Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Doug Graham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I started out in an entry level position and have worked my way up in the customer service department (in 6 reviews)

• Friendly and supportive environment, great people who work really hard together, a demanding and rewarding company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The CEO having private sessions with his own personal flown in priest to get special spiritual healing; No one bats an eyelash (in 7 reviews)

• The CEO Doug Graham gives a speech to new employees, bragging that he wishes he could pay you even less than he already does, until you prove yourself (in 4 reviews)

"Continuant is a place to start your life career"

I have been working at Continuant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is amazing. If you are considering a career change or wanting to get out of a job and start a career, this is the place to come. Be willing to work hard. I started working at Continuant in 2006, when I was 21yrs old with very little knowledge in the industry. I started at an entry level position in our service department. I worked hard and set my goals high. I was promoted over 5 times during my 12yrs with the company. Not only did I receive outstanding in-house training but the company paid for several industry standard certifications. The owner of the company cares for his employees, he has the kindest heart and love for God that reflects in how he runs his company. It is amazing that in an always evolving industry, Continuant has the ability to adapt with our customers’ needs and built solutions and managed services that can meet our customers’ requirements.

Cons

Be on time. Not even a minute late.

Advice to Management

Help new employees understand the spiff programs better. This was an area I learned and was able to leverage to make more $$.

"Doesn't believe in raises, mass layoff, hiring for larger salary?!"

I have been working at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KPI's are easier to hit because we don't do any selling yet our bonus is based on a $300,000 per month quota. Impossible to hit when you're short engineering staff and customers are taking project business directly to the manufacture. Such a joke.

Cons

The best part about this horrible company is that there is now an active ad for a Customer Service Rep position paying more than what all of the Reps make more.
    This is following a mass layoff a little more than a month ago. WE DESERVE A RAISE FOR ALL THE STRESS YOU PUT US THROUGH!

"Integrity is nonexistent here. To current employees, start a union now!"

I have been working at Continuant full-time

Pros

Big office, enough amenities to get through the day, and your own non shared desk. Lots of glass decor. A fairly reasonable location, outside of being in the scary ghetto. Not for people who take the bus, that is for sure. The work is super easy, only complicated by ridiculous staff that have no clue how to do their job across the company.

Cons

The amount of unqualified, and absurd leadership is mind numbing. The people running this company are like 3rd graders pretending to play house. With an onslaught of ridiculous policy, and lack of any oversight to keep those with decision making power in check is unacceptable. They live in their own little world, and demand that every follows their illegal, racist, sexist, and all other forms of bigotry you can imagine. All under the guise of "christian values". Well I'm sorry to break it to you, but claiming religious beliefs does not circumvent the law when it comes to this companies shady practices. They get away with their unlawful practices by a code of conduct by lying, making false promises, and using people as an example for every one to see. They promote random people to show that they are empowering their staff, or set you up with fake interviews to make you feel like your going somewhere. Even though those interviews never pan out. On one occasion, one manager even admitted that the interview was just a courtesy, and that there was no job promotion. I mean talk about a waste of time.

But here is the other side of the coin, which other reviewers have touched up on. The promotions received are ridiculous. It's all for show, but the sad thing is people are still paid poorly for their time. The CEO brags about how this is good for personal growth, to make employees feel like they have a future. Unfortunately even after several promotions, I still feel incredibly undervalued. Infact, most other recruiters I've talked to laughed about my position when I tried to get out of this place and find a real company to work for. Unless your in a very specific technical field in this company, you will not gain any real experience that people can take seriously once you leave.

The other problem is that these promotions are time stamped. Over the last few months several employees with good standing rank have been demoted. This isn't even based on performance. Many with outstanding performance reviews have been demoted, or shuffled into some other job or face being let go. This is very strange, because why wouldn't you want the best employees at their job, do their jobs? Well it goes back to the CEO's unapolgetic behavior. He reads these reviews, and then punishes the entire work force for them. Even if it's a review from a former employee. A while back, some one wrote a review about the bagels and cereals they used to provide. Once Doug read it, he decided that because one person wasn't happy, every one wasn't going to be happy and they no longer provided anything other than coffee to employees after that. Of course maybe they will get rid of coffee next who knows. Granted hey, the CEO, big man in charge can run his company however he wants. Fair enough. But to all those who are looking for a job, just think; would you want to work some where you can be punished because the CEO's is a child throwing a tantrum? I personally will be on my way soon as I find another job. Or maybe I will be fired next, as the company lied to every one in the CSC that there would be no mass layoffs in a mass email, and then guess what, they fired a ton of people! And that wasn't it, they kept on firing people over and over again. It wasn't even based on performance. There is one lead over night that has the worst abilitiy to do their job, and now that there is no one left to do the job for him, his lack of experience, and lack of job ethics has now been shown. One would think that would be a good candidate to fire, but no it's not based on performance, it's based on who they like. Or who aligns best with the company's vision. But what is the company vision?

Well it all starts out with the CEO Doug Graham. He started this company and grew it to a rather good success. Flash forward to now, his original business models are extremely outdated, his leadership style is to be a bully, and he demands the respect of everyone working under him. They throw these rediculous company meetings that every single employee is forced to attend. Just to hear him brag about how great everything is, and to steal stuff written in self help books as his own experiences. When the reality is that the company is suffering hard. I'm ashamed to work here, it used to be alright but now.... Who knows.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to speak up to your bosses. Don't stand for injustice in the workplace just because it isn't happening to you. Don't drive fear into your staff, just because your overlords do the same to you.

I believe that if the CEO won't protect his own employees, and foster a work place that is respectful, and fair then we all need to get together to form a union and check the powers that be. To all current employees; If your sick of being undervalued and underpaid, and believe in having a voice at work then unions exist to do just this. Every time I brought it up casually at work I was told to be quiet about it otherwise I would be fired. Well I'm not afraid, and I will continue to keep talking to employees about it. We must all make it our own duty to organize together to work in peace and harmony.

Know your rights!

In the US, the National Labor Relations Act details the rights of union members as well as would-be union members. It is the employees right to discuss the idea of forming a union and distribute union literature during non-work time and in non, working places like the break area, so long as it doesn't impede on work being performed. It's not like we can't all just go outside to talk.

It is the law that employees can ask other employees to sign petitions regarding the formation of a union, specific employment grievances. Employees can also ask employers to recognize these petitions.

Don't let the CEO fool you, or threaten you. As the company can not punish you under law. If they try, then it's only a matter of time until they get another lawsuit. Employers cannot offer raises, promotions, or other incentives to prevent unionizing. Employers cannot close down a work site or otherwise transfer work away from certain employees because of union affiliation. Employers cannot fire, demote, harass, dock pay from, or otherwise punish employees because of union affiliation.

If you are sick of being treated badly, unfairly, or have suffered any of the number of illegal actives that HR does nothing about to protect you. Then you must make the decision to stand up for your self. If the people running this company refuses to make changes to protect it's own employees, to be fair, to treat people with respect, then it's up to all of us to stand up to them and make those changes happen. It's the LAW! You don't even need to have a ton of people to go in on it with you. A group of individuals is all it takes to get it started. So if your like me, and your afraid of losing your job anyway by being the next person to be fired, then by all means lets make the change.

Should you need to understand how unions work, just look it up on a search engine. Together we can take back this company from the CEO, and use the law to protect us from his twisted visions of the company's future. Which is OUR future should we continue to work here.

"Worked My Way Up - Now Account Manager"

Current Employee - Named Account Manager in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Named Account Manager in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My Managers Care About Me
    Full Time Salary
    Good PTO Benefits
    Comfortable Environment
    Career Potential (fulfilled)

Cons

Health benefits aren't the best
    Paths to promotion aren't the most detailed (but if you work hard and talk to your managers, they'll steer you in the right direction)

Advice to Management

LET PEOPLE SHOW THEIR TATTOOS!!!

"Corrupt Telecom Company hiding behind religion."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well for those that don't know any better, the place seems like a decent environment. A large kitchen, fancy offices, and an inspiring look that makes you want to believe that you have arrived.

They have some perks, if you can survive long enough to get them. And even then, they are not worth the trouble. If your suffering from mental issues, they bring in priests to conform you, and show you the light. Perfect environment for the lost sheep needing to be groomed.

Cons

I was so looking forward to working with members of my church, and to work hard to rise up and do them all proud. That is, until I realized the Christian values at work here, are not those that are found in any church I know of. The CEO pretends to be a radical extremist placing faith and work together. Except, it's a lie. They pray in meetings for show, to those gullible enough to feel included. Meanwhile they pass out write ups to those who's family members have recently died. That's not only illegal, but for a Christian company to have no compassion for the loss of family, is disgusting.

Another horrible thing is that I thought we were taught to be accepting, except here they are very hostile to any one else. There is homophobia at the workplace on a grand scale. The CEO having private sessions with his own personal flown in priest to get special spiritual healing; No one bats an eyelash. Yet, they create strategies to use spiritual leaders to help those of the gay community in brainwashing them into changing their lifestyle preferences. There is nothing wrong with being gay! And all of those that were, and are were never open about it either, so it's not like it was being rubbed in people's faces. Despite that, people are encouraged to talk to the pastors to undermine their own lives, and convert. That's beyond unacceptable in this day and age.

The fake use of Christianity here is nothing more than a way to control people, get tax breaks, and for the inner-circles to keep their power. They recently laid off a lot of people due to restructuring the company from it's own failures. However, most people were chopped off the bottom, yet the leaders that failed everyone kept their jobs. While they were busy promoting failures to the executive level, hard working employees were being dismissed over night without any warning, or for some exclusive employees, were offered a months heads up. Disgusting practices.

A warning to all would be employees, unless your willing to commit to their fascist culture, and undermine everything that makes you unique, then keep looking. Because only kids with deep relationships with higher ranking leaders get promoted. Even those that do absolutely nothing, get treated like kings long as they stamp their names on other people's work. Giving the highest awards to those that work the least amount possible. But because they make their friends and family look good, they are treated with all the glory of their glass prison kingdom of ancient telecom devices.

It saddens me, and I no longer even go to my church after I was exposed to who I thought were good people, actually do these sick things to others outside of church. It's not a message of grace, it's all a lie. There are still those that still believe it, forced to believe it, because their social standing with our church community would suffer. As I have suffered. Most my friends at church no longer talk to me because they have great influence, and they know how to punish people where applicable by law. Or lat least if they know they can get away with it. It's so sad.

Advice to Management

Step down, and let real leaders do the job. Or if your too insistent on keeping the jobs you don't deserve, then at least bring in outside consultants to prove that you are doing nothing but ruining your company. You can no longer meet the support needed for your customers, and it's starting to show. You leave the little guys stranded while dealing with higher dollar contracts instead. I was disgusted when I was asked to abandoned the needs of the many, to concentrate on the needs of one. That isn't customer service, and if you can't hire, and maintain the customer service work force you need, then you might as well close up shop now. You ruined so many lives without realizing the fallout of your actions. You have planted a seed in the remaining few that only doubt your leadership now. Controlling them with fear will only get you so far. It's over, and you don't even realize it. A company is only strong as it's weakest links. And sadly, that link is management and executives. The other weak link is your entry level employees that are stepped all over, and are treated so bad why would any one treat you seriously. But hey I get it, your all of one mind, and one perspective, and reading this just makes you laugh. But, it's the real people out there that will be the true deciders of your fates. I just hope it was all worth it in the end. You know, wasting your lives "Making Boat Loads of Money" instead of creating something where people are cared for, who would love you out of principle, and not out of fear. A culture that would lead the industry in what family is all about. Instead you only look after who you decide is family. Despite those that work tirelessly to please you, and do good works. Those people can easily be stepped on, and you fired a lot of them without warning. Yet you kept people who you thought were in your circle. Look how that turned out, it just created more hostility, more stress, and it turned employees against you. I wouldn't be surprised if they went on strike. They probably just fear you, and believe that you will ruin their lives if they speak up. Every one who has spoken up has been dismissed already. Those that put in their two weeks notice out of contempt for your business were dismissed early for not aligning with the company views. But you gotta think, there isn't many left that will tolerate your leadership, so what are you going to do when there is no one left to bully? I for one am sick of seeing those that cry because of you. We are not puppets, we are human beings.

"Great"

Pros

Very nice people . Everyone is so sweet

Cons

Takes a lot to move up

"Grateful for the experience, but wouldn't wish it on anyone..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a favourite, they'll try and make you fit somewhere in the company.

Cons

Lots of nepotism. It's hard to walk through and not spot at least 3-5 people directly related with VPs or the CEO. I'm all for allowing family to work for/with family. What I'm not for is sticking family members in departments that they know nothing about and force said department to drop everything and train them. That aside.

Here's my biggest issue: In my department, we had a lovely manager. He was kind, thoughtful, know what he was doing. One day he got "demoted" and place in a low position in a different dept. They brought in a manager that just happened to not be managing anyone at the time. No experience with our department's responsibilities or, to my knowledge, technology out side of PBXs. Among other things, for awhile he would not email the females in the department. We had to ask out male coworkers to forward important dept related emails to us. He told us (us being all the women) we couldn't go out to lunches together. Even though we had ample coverage. He would schedule meetings after my hours and I got written up for not showing up. Shortly after I got fired and told "come back anytime if you like". Huh? Best thing that ever happened to me. Keep in mind: I was making at the time about $12.50 per hour, being on call and working in the tech field.

Advice to Management

Treat people better, not every has the same needs as someone making millions a year. You need to offer the lower level people things that make sense for them, like a LIVING WAGE. Like good health care, and make an environment not all about money. Give people some grace. And please for the love of God get rid of the misogynist(s).

"Read the reviews. Decide for yourself."

I worked at Continuant full-time

Pros

A few nice people working there. However, nice does not translate to competent, nor does it overpower the negatives. If you are new, make sure to pay attention to the CEO's introductory speech - he is at the very least honest with how religious the company is, and says if you do not fit into the culture nor like it, then get out.

Cons

Everything that employees and former employees have written before me is completely true - pay attention particularly to earlier reviews from earlier this year, and then notice current employees posted some positive ones - almost guaranteed they were asked to write them, as they are not substantial at all. I can't write anything more accurate than what has already been negatively written so far. Find a different company to spend your time and build your career.

Advice to Management

Your company is unethical and does not treat employees like decent human beings. I don't need to give you advice, you know what you need to do and you are not doing it.

"Thankful for the paycheck, but wouldn't suggest this land of hypocrisy to anyone!"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-People: Some of them! I met some wonderful people here, and they were definitely the best part about the job. When you make friends, they help you with daily battles and actually care about making the work environment a decent place. You will connect and bond over how much you dislike certain people, how annoying and inconsistent the work environment is, etc.
    -Entry Level: The company hires younger/inexperienced people. It's a great entry-level position, including the pay. The job is so easy to learn they might as well hire guinea pigs.
    -Pretty place: The office is very shiny and pleasing to the eye. There are large kitchens available to use, too.
    -Dress Code: Swing/Graveyard employees are allowed to wear jeans and sneakers.
    -Leaving: The best feeling in the world!

Cons

So many I can't even think of all of them...
    -Pay: The bonuses and pay increases are lies! They end up coming up with random tiny excuses of why you didn't "qualify" for a bonus or pay raise, even though it's been promised to you for months. The "salary" is also a lie.
    -Cliques: If you aren't pretty and don't wear expensive clothes, then you aren't cool enough to be in the "popular crowd". This also means you won't get promoted, everyone will point fingers at you, and you basically don't exist. (You also have to work dayshift and be an obsessive brown noser to be in the It crowd)... Between the cliques and the religion, this place has an extreme Cult-like feel. Get out while you can, and don't drink the Koolaid!
    -Holy Nepotism!: Everyone is related to or married to or dating someone else within the company, everyone went to high school with someone, or babysat someone else's kids, everyone goes to church with each other and does devotions and family dinners. Bleh!
    -Religion: Shoved down your throat! At random meetings and training sessions, at holiday meetings, at annual awards meetings, religious things emailed to you on a weekly basis, etc... Newly hired employees have to go to a MANDATORY meeting, where the CEO Doug Graham basically says "if you don't like the culture here, then get out". He also likes to voice his political views, and pray during meetings. Pastors are brought in to schedule appointments with employees, and emails are sent out saying things like "we urge you to talk with Pastor Blank if you are going through hard times, he has a unique spiritual healing".
    -After hours shifts: If you work Swing or Graveyard shift, everyone from day-shift basically hates you. After-hours employees get blamed for everything, but get trained for nothing. After-hours employees are expected to know every single tiny detail about every single customer, and yet no one is willing to help get this information out in a consistent manner. Day shift will make a million mistakes and not get any word about it, but simply because you work Swing/Grave, you will get in trouble for everything. Also, graveyard employees really only get one FULL day off per week, and two split "days" off.
    -Suggestion Box: Management set out a few suggestion boxes around the office, wanting employees to add their thoughts and ideas. But then! None of the suggestions go through, and instead, they are announced in a monthly newsletter that sums up every suggestion with "the company can't afford this" or "we're working on this!" and then it never happens.
    -Finger Pointing: If there is a problem or minor discrepancy, the higher ups literally go around and interrogate/investigate, just to put the blame on someone. And yes, they ask for names.
    -Gossip: Everyone is talking about everyone, constantly.
    -Consistency: There is none. (Other than gossip and how much this place sucks)... there will be new procedures and trainings taking place, but you won't know about any of them until they've already launched, and then you'll get reprimanded that you weren't trained on the things you didn't know were happening. Yay!
    -Core Values: What a joke!
    -Medical/Benefits: Not helpful at all. Also, they don't cover birth control or mental illnesses (probably because it's against their religion/cult, right?)

Advice to Management

-Grow up!
    -Stop hiring and promoting people just because they go to church with you.
    -Cut out all of the harsh religious aspects, because it makes everyone uncomfortable and annoyed.
    -Actually listen to the employees who work hard, I promise they have some amazing ideas!
    -Increase the pay if you are continuing to add more stress to your employees
    -Stop wasting money on random parties, holiday parties, expensive meetings, renovations, decorations, etc., and actually pay the people who deserve it.
    -If you respect your employees, then maybe they will respect you.

10. "Account Manager"

I worked at Continuant full-time

Pros

Great people
    Consistent hours
    Paid holidays
    Managers care about you
    Good benefits
    Opportunity for growth

Cons

Drama
    Has downsized 3-4 times