Continuant Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Graham

Pros
  • Advancement at this company is achieved by hard work, it is not just handed out (in 6 reviews)

• Friendly and supportive environment, great people who work really hard together, a demanding and rewarding company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is expected of employees, as it should be - If you are lazy, this probably isn (in 7 reviews)

• High pressure and high stress work demands, which is just part of the industry (in 4 reviews)

1. "A unique and rewarding but demanding place to work"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly and supportive environment, great people who work really hard together, a demanding and rewarding company. A unique and refreshing culture. Continuant definitely does things differently, which can be good and bad. If you like it and fit well there, you can be very happy, but it can be also be very hard at times.

Cons

High pressure and high stress work demands, which is just part of the industry. Management decisions can be hard to understand at times, but they usually make sense when looking at the big picture. Benefits can be unusual, but are often very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and learn, you are growing and improving as the company grows. Exposure and experience in other environments and genuine openness to feedback will help Continuant to be the best that it can be.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room to grow, family friendly, no micromanaging, a supportive management team, health and wellness benefits, opportunity to work remote a few times a week, friendly personnel, great PTO packages

I have worked for the corporate industry for a number of years, and this company goes above and beyond to show appreciation for their employees, something that is so rare in the corporate world these days. Advancement at this company is achieved by hard work, it is not just handed out.

It seems a number of these terrible reviews are written by young employees whom have never worked in the corporate industry. Working here is not for the faint of heart, you must be willing to put in the hours, be great at multitasking, and be able to handle stressful situations. f you aren't willing to do those thing, chances are this place will not be a good fit for you.

Cons

The parking - we need more of it and bigger spaces
    Working an occasional holiday since we are 24x7

Advice to Management

Can we please just fix the parking issue?!

3. "I'd rather not have any income than work here again"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really go above and beyond in cheap sandwich catering and other cosmetic benefits. Management gets fancy glass offices overlooking everyone

Cons

Deceived about pay from day 1. This is the job where I first learned the importance of watching my own back, getting everything in writing, and trusting nobody. Towards the end of my time here I even managed to lose some of my otherwise unwavering work ethic.

To provide some background, I worked in the widely-neglected customer-facing technical department known as known as "Information Systems." Along with the Account Managers, we were the ones responsible for explaining to customers why they weren't receiving the services that they paid for. One thing that everyone should know about Continuant is that failure to deliver services is a common practice, and management doesn't appear to care why. There is a heavy emphasis on technical buzzword marketing and services are typically advertised and sold to customers before the technical teams responsible for service delivery are even engaged.

Some other key points:
    - Pay is well below market average.
    - Health insurance covers almost nothing and was chosen solely on religious factors.
    - Executive leadership is unable to make decisions.
    - All management consists of church friends or family of the owner.
    - C-level executives are mostly unqualified.
    - Teams will literally bond over their dislike of the company.
    - Morally stressful in the sense that lying to customers is encouraged.

Advice to Management

Hire some actual managers and let them do a good job

"Software Development Intern"

Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Continuant (Less than a year)

Pros

Small, hard-working development team. Yeah

Cons

No real sense of direction

"NOC"

Pros

being remote is the best feature.

Cons

50 hours a week no overtime no extra pay.

"Don't waste your time!!!!"

Pros

The only thing I can say is positive about this company were the donuts they would bring in every Friday that's about it

Cons

Don't waste your time applying at this company. The upper management is incompetent they promote people on projects that were not even successfully completed and they go on to get raises and new job titles and these were the people they considered "mission critical" when the mission was failure. I've seen a mgr scream at their employee making them cry everyone in that dept look shell shock I felt so bad for them.
    Gossip was all over the place of philandering between mangers and employees it was horrible and very unprofessional.
    I am in agreement with the person who said the positive reviewer were probably asked to write them.

Advice to Management

They get an F minus when it comes to their employees they think throwing a donuts or a chicken dinner at you can compensate for the low pay, benefits and horrible environment.

"Interesting"

I have been working at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-work is consistent and great
    -get to meet new people and interact with customers
    -place is very goal oriented
    -very friendly staff

Cons

-parking sucks.... LOL seriously.
    -People like to point fingers
    -management sometimes forgets that you can only do so much as a individual

Advice to Management

Management needs to have more one on one lessons so that way we can continue to strive and succeed here at continuant :)

"Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, friendly staff, inventive and family oriented.

Cons

Can't think of any, they go above and beyond any company I have ever worked for!

"SDL"

I have been working at Continuant full-time

Pros

There is a very team focused atmosphere. The hiring process moves along quickly because the company is experiencing exciting growth.

Cons

The implementation of more processes and procedures will help the company on its upward trajectory.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering that team spirit. More parking wouldn't hurt either ;)

"Great opportunity for the driven soul."

Current Employee - N/A in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - N/A in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family Feeling
    Easy going management
    Great pay
    Building a solid career path
    Knowledgeable Management that is always willing to help you.

Cons

Continuant management feeds you sugar and carbs.
    High stress work
    NO PARKING
    Loud work environment at times
    Being short staffed

Advice to Management

As a current employee of 9 months I can confidently say that this is a wonderful place to work. The business of phones is very stressful but upper management is constantly brainstorming to make a better work environment with all of the massive changes our company is taking towards bigger and better opportunities. Continuant management would prefer to hire within which is almost unheard of anymore these days. If you make your managers aware of the path you want to go within the company they will guide you. Our company caters to 24x7 global customers, there is advancement everywhere. You can start as a customer service representative and move up to a Sr Nam.

The opportunities are endless.

Your success here is contingent on your hard work and fire to move up in the company.

At only 9 months of employment, I look forward to all of the opportunities I will have in many more years to come.