Continuant Employee Reviews about "pastor"

Updated Apr 16, 2020

2.8
Continuant President Doug Graham (no image)
Doug Graham
Pros
  • "It's nice to have your massages get reimbursed, but now it's taxed so that sucks(in 12 reviews)

• "Good work environment and work hours(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one listen, they have their way or it's the highway(in 9 reviews)

• "There is a pastor that traverses around the office and checks in with folks(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "pastor"

Return to all Reviews

"Career Company, Positive Environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Named Account Manager in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I never write reviews. I am taking the time now because I just hit an aggressive career goal/milestone in my life with Continuant, and am glad every day that I gave them a chance. I say that because I clearly remember hesitating from reading all the bad Glassdoor reviews, so I want to contribute another point of view: I started with Continuant when I was just 19 years old. It was my first corporate job, my first office job, my first truly professional environment - I hadn't ever even written an email in my life. Now, just over 2 years later, I am a Level 1 Named Account Manager (there are multiple levels and a lot of room to grow). It has definitely been a challenge, and I've had learning experience after learning experience, but Continuant provides the best resources available to them as well as ongoing hands-on training to help get you to where you want to be. Things are always changing and evolving, but even though change is often challenging, the reward (the company's continual improvement) is well worth the pain. And it's great to be a part of that. A few things I can't stress enough: 1. This career path requires dedication and work. It's not an office job where you're going to be able to snooze all day and leave early all the time. 2. If you want to reach your goals anywhere, (not just at Continuant), you need to express clear intentions. Work with Management to make sure you are doing things that lead you in the right direction. 3. Management and team members are always there to help, always have an open door, and always help you stay positive through struggles. If you are looking for a company to truly invest in you, your career, and even your personal life if you want to get that close with people, you HAVE found the right place. They truly see your success as their success. 4. Between the hard work we have fun and celebrate each others' achievements and make silly videos/pictures/songs etc. I think a lot of them are on YouTube. Bottom line is I would not recommend this company to you if want an easy job where you can let things slide and shirk responsibilities. Outside of that, I don't see how anyone would not love working for Continuant.

Cons

All the cons I'm going to list I'm going to turn into positives. You were warned. 1. Constant change. As I mentioned, every change I've experienced with this company has been a step in the right direction, an improvement. 2. Learning curves. There really is a lot to learn, but anything worth having isn't easy. 3. Not enough training. Oh, you thought you saw a discrepancy there didn't you? This is one of the many things that has drastically improved since I started. 4. Pay is not the most competitive. But it comes back around in other ways. Benefits are great, morale even in high pressure is great, PTO is plentiful and you start to earn it after only 6 months of employment. You get holidays off and they are paid. There is a lot of ACHIEVABLE opportunity for spiffs/bonuses, and of course throw in the ever-loved free office food/coffee. Wellness expenses are reimbursed to you - yes, your gym membership, vitamins, and massages are now FREE! 5. Christian Community. No one is forcing their religion on you. The only impact this has on me as a regular old non church-goer, is that everyone is friendlier, more giving, and compassionate than normal work environments. If you are interested, there is a pastor you can meet with in office.

Continue reading

"Nice people, unconventional culture, if you NEED a job this might be your chance."

2.0
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super nice people with good intentions. In my opinion there are a few folks working at Continuant who are absolutely exceptional and keep the place running at an operable capacity amid navigating massive egos and challenging personalities. In my opinion, the culture tends to be incredibly family and religion centric, fostering some interesting levels of acceptance amongst different members of management. Not sure if that is good or bad but think more of it as "dysfunctional functioning". The semi-annual meetings/gatherings were my most favorite part about working at this company.

Cons

It wasn't until a few months in when I realize the main market Continuant derived most their revenue from was evaporating very quickly, making it very difficult to make sales and meet quota numbers. ~85% of the sales department during the tenure I was there did not meet quota quarter to quarter, I wonder why. The company did not pivot to be a player in true UC technology until it was too little too late, literally causing people to backstab and try to steal accounts from each other. It was never clear what our sales strategy was, it was more of an approach of throwing stuff on a wall and hope it sticks. Pay was not great, in fact very sub-parr. Benefits were worse. I think the worse part was feeling a true sense of hopelessness in being successful at my job. I mainly attribute that to poor training and worse of all, no incentive to work hard. It was easy to have someone take credit for your work, creating disturbing amounts of drama. Once again, there were some extreme personalities (similar to tiger king). Most of the management is "family" in a literal and figurative sense. There is a pastor that traverses around the office and checks in with folks. Kind of interesting.

Continue reading

"Worst company I’ve ever worked for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Continuant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coffee, hour lunch. Some AWESOME engineers, I love the work I did but the company and experience made it awful

Cons

Your leads have no actual idea what your daily job consists of. Same with your NAM. The company is all about hiring couples and families and that creates a horrible environment if you’re an outsider because these people get higher praise and promotion even if they are not good at their job and do nothing. The most drama is created here. The most drama I’ve ever seen in any of my work places. Salary is horrid, benefits are trash I wouldn’t put it past this company to have given raises or some type of bonus for writing a good review. A review on here mentions the weird pastor and I believe that review 100% because he is a creep and a lot of people think so. But since he’s Christian and it’s a Christian company and him and the CEO are tight, you being comfortable at work isn’t a worry for them. Frauds customers into buying coverage they literally can’t support, then the CSRs have to deal with it too. The lovely engineers aren’t paid enough either

Continue reading

"Corrupt Telecom Company hiding behind religion."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well for those that don't know any better, the place seems like a decent environment. A large kitchen, fancy offices, and an inspiring look that makes you want to believe that you have arrived. They have some perks, if you can survive long enough to get them. And even then, they are not worth the trouble. If your suffering from mental issues, they bring in priests to conform you, and show you the light. Perfect environment for the lost sheep needing to be groomed.

Cons

I was so looking forward to working with members of my church, and to work hard to rise up and do them all proud. That is, until I realized the Christian values at work here, are not those that are found in any church I know of. The CEO pretends to be a radical extremist placing faith and work together. Except, it's a lie. They pray in meetings for show, to those gullible enough to feel included. Meanwhile they pass out write ups to those who's family members have recently died. That's not only illegal, but for a Christian company to have no compassion for the loss of family, is disgusting. Another horrible thing is that I thought we were taught to be accepting, except here they are very hostile to any one else. There is homophobia at the workplace on a grand scale. The CEO having private sessions with his own personal flown in priest to get special spiritual healing; No one bats an eyelash. Yet, they create strategies to use spiritual leaders to help those of the gay community in brainwashing them into changing their lifestyle preferences. There is nothing wrong with being gay! And all of those that were, and are were never open about it either, so it's not like it was being rubbed in people's faces. Despite that, people are encouraged to talk to the pastors to undermine their own lives, and convert. That's beyond unacceptable in this day and age. The fake use of Christianity here is nothing more than a way to control people, get tax breaks, and for the inner-circles to keep their power. They recently laid off a lot of people due to restructuring the company from it's own failures. However, most people were chopped off the bottom, yet the leaders that failed everyone kept their jobs. While they were busy promoting failures to the executive level, hard working employees were being dismissed over night without any warning, or for some exclusive employees, were offered a months heads up. Disgusting practices. A warning to all would be employees, unless your willing to commit to their fascist culture, and undermine everything that makes you unique, then keep looking. Because only kids with deep relationships with higher ranking leaders get promoted. Even those that do absolutely nothing, get treated like kings long as they stamp their names on other people's work. Giving the highest awards to those that work the least amount possible. But because they make their friends and family look good, they are treated with all the glory of their glass prison kingdom of ancient telecom devices. It saddens me, and I no longer even go to my church after I was exposed to who I thought were good people, actually do these sick things to others outside of church. It's not a message of grace, it's all a lie. There are still those that still believe it, forced to believe it, because their social standing with our church community would suffer. As I have suffered. Most my friends at church no longer talk to me because they have great influence, and they know how to punish people where applicable by law. Or lat least if they know they can get away with it. It's so sad.

Continue reading

"Thankful for the paycheck, but wouldn't suggest this land of hypocrisy to anyone!"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time for less than a year

Pros

-People: Some of them! I met some wonderful people here, and they were definitely the best part about the job. When you make friends, they help you with daily battles and actually care about making the work environment a decent place. You will connect and bond over how much you dislike certain people, how annoying and inconsistent the work environment is, etc. -Entry Level: The company hires younger/inexperienced people. It's a great entry-level position, including the pay. The job is so easy to learn they might as well hire guinea pigs. -Pretty place: The office is very shiny and pleasing to the eye. There are large kitchens available to use, too. -Dress Code: Swing/Graveyard employees are allowed to wear jeans and sneakers. -Leaving: The best feeling in the world!

Cons

So many I can't even think of all of them... -Pay: The bonuses and pay increases are lies! They end up coming up with random tiny excuses of why you didn't "qualify" for a bonus or pay raise, even though it's been promised to you for months. The "salary" is also a lie. -Cliques: If you aren't pretty and don't wear expensive clothes, then you aren't cool enough to be in the "popular crowd". This also means you won't get promoted, everyone will point fingers at you, and you basically don't exist. (You also have to work dayshift and be an obsessive brown noser to be in the It crowd)... Between the cliques and the religion, this place has an extreme Cult-like feel. Get out while you can, and don't drink the Koolaid! -Holy Nepotism!: Everyone is related to or married to or dating someone else within the company, everyone went to high school with someone, or babysat someone else's kids, everyone goes to church with each other and does devotions and family dinners. Bleh! -Religion: Shoved down your throat! At random meetings and training sessions, at holiday meetings, at annual awards meetings, religious things emailed to you on a weekly basis, etc... Newly hired employees have to go to a MANDATORY meeting, where the CEO Doug Graham basically says "if you don't like the culture here, then get out". He also likes to voice his political views, and pray during meetings. Pastors are brought in to schedule appointments with employees, and emails are sent out saying things like "we urge you to talk with Pastor Blank if you are going through hard times, he has a unique spiritual healing". -After hours shifts: If you work Swing or Graveyard shift, everyone from day-shift basically hates you. After-hours employees get blamed for everything, but get trained for nothing. After-hours employees are expected to know every single tiny detail about every single customer, and yet no one is willing to help get this information out in a consistent manner. Day shift will make a million mistakes and not get any word about it, but simply because you work Swing/Grave, you will get in trouble for everything. Also, graveyard employees really only get one FULL day off per week, and two split "days" off. -Suggestion Box: Management set out a few suggestion boxes around the office, wanting employees to add their thoughts and ideas. But then! None of the suggestions go through, and instead, they are announced in a monthly newsletter that sums up every suggestion with "the company can't afford this" or "we're working on this!" and then it never happens. -Finger Pointing: If there is a problem or minor discrepancy, the higher ups literally go around and interrogate/investigate, just to put the blame on someone. And yes, they ask for names. -Gossip: Everyone is talking about everyone, constantly. -Consistency: There is none. (Other than gossip and how much this place sucks)... there will be new procedures and trainings taking place, but you won't know about any of them until they've already launched, and then you'll get reprimanded that you weren't trained on the things you didn't know were happening. Yay! -Core Values: What a joke! -Medical/Benefits: Not helpful at all. Also, they don't cover birth control or mental illnesses (probably because it's against their religion/cult, right?)

"Major Potential"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of people who will help you learn the day to day skills necessary to become a well rounded employee. The desks are set up so you have an engineer right across from you as well as your lead and coworkers. There is free coffee and a very nice kitchen. The infamous "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" tradition.

Cons

The training program is a bit of a mess. It involves a lot of information thrown at you but no guidance on how to use it until you go live at your desk. The scheduling times are very awkward when you are shadowing because they are either very busy or very slow, no in between. There are a lot of employee's who gossip, so i'd advice to keep socializing to a minimum. None of the managers communicate to each other or their employee's so there's a lot of miscommunication and being left out of the loop. The parking spaces are so tiny and a pain to squeeze in and out of your car. You will be sure to get promoted as long as you make nice with the "in crowd." Yes, this company functions like high school cliques. The company is very Christian based so i hope you don't mind the emails about pastors on site and prayers at the company meetings.

Continue reading

"Worst Company I ever worked for"

Senior Engineer in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant for more than 3 years

Pros

Some nice people work in the trenches. HR goes in with fake accounts or asks other employees to write good reviews to bury the bad reviews so job seekers won't see them.

Cons

I'm a CCIE with many years experience. The management here is the most incompetent I have ever seen. I have personally heard Cisco reps constantly make fun of them and say they wish they didn't have to deal with them at all. But that isn't the worst thing about this company. The pay and benefits are horrible. The health insurance (a no name plan chosen personally by CEO Doug Graham on the sole consideration that they are "Christian") doesn't pay for ANY non generic drugs so if you develop cancer, MS, hepatitis C etc. requiring new drugs, it doesn't pay a dime. Also doesn't cover transplant surgery or dialysis. A senior HR rep personally told me they have a way around this issue. They will lay you off so you can buy insurance to cover your condition on the state Health Exchange and then hire you back and help cover your premium. Does ANYONE think that is ethical?? They think they make up for horrible health coverage and poor pay by having a pastor there to council and heal you. Just as an aside the pastor drives a car worth over $100,000 and wears a Rolex. This is only an example of the lack of ethics I witnessed but it's making me angry to even think about what a horrible group they have in management so I'm just going to move on.

Continue reading

"Disengaged Management and Low Employee Morale"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Jobs are frequently available due to the high turnover rate. Can be a good company for an entry level telecommunication or IT person to get a start.

Cons

Continuant has a very high turnover rate. Low pay, disengaged management and a very low morale among employees is typical. The owner calls the company a Christian company and there is a great deal of pressure to be a part of a particular religious culture. There are daily prayer emails, pastors brought in to provide 'counselling' and prayers offered as a part of any company meeting. There are growth opportunities available if one subscribes to the heavily conservation and right wing Christian culture. The atmosphere is repressive and employees are fearful for the jobs. There is very little respect for the individual employee.

Continuant Response

October 23, 2014VP, Operations

Continuant offers a broad benefits package that includes such variety as massage therapy and a four-week sabbatical over each seven-year work period; additionally, we offer in-person counseling services through our staff chaplains. Continuant’s founders and owners are committed to operating the company on biblical principles that include integrity, honesty, and transparency. Opportunities at Continuant are based strictly on work performance. We find that those employees that work hard, take advantage of mutually beneficial opportunities, and are unquestionably persons of integrity, flourish at Continuant.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.