Continuum Managed Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Continuum Managed Services CEO Michael George
Michael George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company allows work from home every other week for IT" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company really cares about your career advancement and your work life balance" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "If they want to complain, there is no one to go to" (in 5 reviews)

• "They use to be an IT site now they are just a call center" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Top Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Continuum is the culture. The people make the company. Some of my best friends are my coworkers. I have the leadership to support me when the work becomes challenging. I'm encouraged to make my own decisions. I'm recognized for my hard work and I have a sense of accomplishment. I genuinely feel appreciated everyday.

My manager pushes me to achieve my goals and we speak about them often. I've earned several technical and professional certificates, all reimbursed by the company. My manager provides feedback regularly. I'm encouraged to try new ideas and go outside my comfort zone. I feel empowered to make my own decisions and have the support of my leadership.

Employee appreciation is like nothing I've seen before. Leadership truly cares about me, my family, my pets, everything. I'm asked how things are, not work related but in my personal life. You don't get that everywhere. My leadership knows me and works for me, not the other way around. We have countless food days - pizza on Thursday, bagels/doughnuts on Friday, sandwiches and wraps just because, fruit on Tuesday. We have parties during and after work. Not your usual office party. Parties with food, kegs of beer, music - Think professional tailgate without the mess. We have an employee of the month and an employee of our team for outstanding work and recognition. We have a summer picnic at Kennywood where we bring our family with more free food and beer with employee appreciation. My manager makes it a point to meet me and my family and shows gratitude for simply being part of the team. My spouse was shocked when my manager came up, introduced themselves and said what a great employee I am, something they've never heard of before.

Its the little things this company does that makes the biggest impact. Feedback is always encouraged. I can speak openly and freely about my ideas, things I agree and disagree with but leave the conversation not wondering if what I said was right or wrong. I'm given answers to questions I ask, like what the future holds for the company, where do we see ourselves going, what career opportunities are available, what do I need to do to improve and get ahead.

I have the option to work from home when I want. I'm scheduled to work from home every other week but my manager allows me the option to decide when I want to based on my needs. I'm able to schedule time off when I need to, partial days, full days, an entire week, it doesn't matter. We get paid holidays off and a schedule that doesn't change. If something comes up, my manager always provides me the ability to adjust my work schedule to take care of life.

I feel accomplished when I leave work for the day, like what I did made a difference. I have my bad days but my manager doesn't focus on my weaknesses and builds on my strengths. I'm encouraged to try a little harder the next day and that it's ok to make mistakes. I am coached instead of punished. I don't get yelled at and our discussions are left on a friendly tone.

I'm not micromanaged. I know what is expected and I do my job. If I venture off course, my manager provides me what I need to get back on track. I make the job what I want.

Cons

Every company has a few that can ruin it for all. Some people abuse the generosity of the workplace. Some people are slobs and don't know how to clean up after themselves. The negativity of a few spreads and you learn to know who those people are and ignore it.

Some of the tools are outdated. I feel like I'm doing a job in 2017 with tools from 1995. It has gotten better and I'm told it will keep getting better.

There was a small company layoff in the summer of 2017. I've asked my manager about it and I understand why it happened. I wish it hadn't, management didn't want it to happen either but I get it. I do not feel like my job is in jeopardy but a layoff is a con.

Advice to Management

Management has had a rough year but cut them a break. I get the impression they are doing the absolute best that they can given what they've been dealt. Improve the tools. hire the right people to do the jobs, continue to invest in the employees and the company and it'll all work out.

Continuum Managed Services Response

Oct 2, 2017 – SVP of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and balanced review. We're glad that you are aboard with us and helping us to grow faster and stronger every day.

"I want to retire here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for advancement
    -Great benefits
    -Good workplace culture
    -Nice office, perks, food, etc.
    -Fantastic people make this an enjoyable workplace

Cons

-Aged tools that badly need updated (in progress, thankfully)
    -Disconnect between senior management and ground level (happens at all companies)
    -Not making it clear when terminations occur that it is due to performance (makes people uneasy, employees begin to think terminations are at random)
    -Commitment to "health" is a bit strange because the office constantly orders unhealthy food, everyone who works here gains 10 pounds their first year

Advice to Management

-Try to understand the roles and responsibilities of direct reports on a first-hand basis; it may not change the way you make decisions, but it could help you relate to the concerns of the employees at large
    -Pony-up more cash to good employees to give them incentive to stay
    -Don't "sit on" bad apples; if an employee isn't working out, it's best for everyone to end the relationship and not wait. Otherwise, it sets a bad example for other people working around them, particularly newer employees.

3. "Challenging and a great place to learn"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Cranberry Twp, PA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job growth was great. Exec exposure grear.

Cons

Vc backed. $ unstable. Wish company wasn't sold.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"A rapidly declining work culture"

Former Employee - Level II Helpdesk Technician in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Level II Helpdesk Technician in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Level 1 technician pay was great. Well above market for almost no experience.

The culture was good when I started but went downhill as the company grew and failed to control it

Decent opportunities as the company is rather large. Lots of places to move

Cons

Level 2 pay is terrible for the workload imposed on them. a 15% raise with 3x the work.

Being average and keeping your head down is almost actively encouraged, while excellence gets you mostly negative attention

Advice to Management

Compensate Level 2 technicians better, or remove some of the massive workload they take on.

Raise your hiring standards, level 1 technicians are sub-par most of the time

5. "SR sql dba"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of thing to learn new technology

Cons

management is not cooperative and no pick up and drop facility.

"Decent company with great benefits."

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

Benefits package is great on health-care. You pay for it if you have family around 430 a month but the low deductible on co-pay makes up for it as most outpatient is covered up front. The company allows work from home every other week for IT. Snacks as far as chips, candy bars, soda, energy drinks, juice are subsidised at .50 cents for most. Energy drinks are at $1.51. Foosball table, chess, pop-corn machine, coffee including specialty drink machine free.

Cons

Management changes systems and procedures with little or no notice and training. Slow to change procedures to align work to flow better is mostly ignored if coming from techs. Years later you might see it and are given no credit.

Advice to Management

Listen to your techs, put techs first and they will take care of your customers and partners. I am leaving because of this. Sales and Onboarding need to be concerned MSPs are trained before they come on board and that they are held to standard while partnered with us because if they fail us then we have no choice to fail the customer. Pay raises are needed for experienced techs.

"Don’t have an opinion"

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home part time

Cons

Management claims to care but doesn’t
    Originally working to eliminate us jobs (not sure if this is still the case)
    Pay raises poor
    If you have an opinion keep it to yourself

8. "Administrative position"

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

The benefits were very generous when I was there

Cons

I understand that it’s changed a lot in the last year

9. "Good Place to learn"

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

The people are the best part of this job.

Cons

Not many cons, salary is a bit low compared to other companies in the area.

"Growing and Feeling It"

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing and evolving company; lots of potential.

Cons

Inconsistent service delivery, constantly changing comp plans that don't favor employees, poor communication, poor or no processes, "Boys Club" mentality within the sales organization