Continuum Managed Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Continuum Managed Services CEO Michael George
Michael George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company allows work from home every other week for IT" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company really cares about your career advancement and your work life balance" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "If they want to complain, there is no one to go to" (in 5 reviews)

• "They use to be an IT site now they are just a call center" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Top Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Continuum is the culture. The people make the company. Some of my best friends are my coworkers. I have the leadership to support me when the work becomes challenging. I'm encouraged to make my own decisions. I'm recognized for my hard work and I have a sense of accomplishment. I genuinely feel appreciated everyday.

My manager pushes me to achieve my goals and we speak about them often. I've earned several technical and professional certificates, all reimbursed by the company. My manager provides feedback regularly. I'm encouraged to try new ideas and go outside my comfort zone. I feel empowered to make my own decisions and have the support of my leadership.

Employee appreciation is like nothing I've seen before. Leadership truly cares about me, my family, my pets, everything. I'm asked how things are, not work related but in my personal life. You don't get that everywhere. My leadership knows me and works for me, not the other way around. We have countless food days - pizza on Thursday, bagels/doughnuts on Friday, sandwiches and wraps just because, fruit on Tuesday. We have parties during and after work. Not your usual office party. Parties with food, kegs of beer, music - Think professional tailgate without the mess. We have an employee of the month and an employee of our team for outstanding work and recognition. We have a summer picnic at Kennywood where we bring our family with more free food and beer with employee appreciation. My manager makes it a point to meet me and my family and shows gratitude for simply being part of the team. My spouse was shocked when my manager came up, introduced themselves and said what a great employee I am, something they've never heard of before.

Its the little things this company does that makes the biggest impact. Feedback is always encouraged. I can speak openly and freely about my ideas, things I agree and disagree with but leave the conversation not wondering if what I said was right or wrong. I'm given answers to questions I ask, like what the future holds for the company, where do we see ourselves going, what career opportunities are available, what do I need to do to improve and get ahead.

I have the option to work from home when I want. I'm scheduled to work from home every other week but my manager allows me the option to decide when I want to based on my needs. I'm able to schedule time off when I need to, partial days, full days, an entire week, it doesn't matter. We get paid holidays off and a schedule that doesn't change. If something comes up, my manager always provides me the ability to adjust my work schedule to take care of life.

I feel accomplished when I leave work for the day, like what I did made a difference. I have my bad days but my manager doesn't focus on my weaknesses and builds on my strengths. I'm encouraged to try a little harder the next day and that it's ok to make mistakes. I am coached instead of punished. I don't get yelled at and our discussions are left on a friendly tone.

I'm not micromanaged. I know what is expected and I do my job. If I venture off course, my manager provides me what I need to get back on track. I make the job what I want.

Cons

Every company has a few that can ruin it for all. Some people abuse the generosity of the workplace. Some people are slobs and don't know how to clean up after themselves. The negativity of a few spreads and you learn to know who those people are and ignore it.

Some of the tools are outdated. I feel like I'm doing a job in 2017 with tools from 1995. It has gotten better and I'm told it will keep getting better.

There was a small company layoff in the summer of 2017. I've asked my manager about it and I understand why it happened. I wish it hadn't, management didn't want it to happen either but I get it. I do not feel like my job is in jeopardy but a layoff is a con.

Advice to Management

Management has had a rough year but cut them a break. I get the impression they are doing the absolute best that they can given what they've been dealt. Improve the tools. hire the right people to do the jobs, continue to invest in the employees and the company and it'll all work out.

Continuum Managed Services Response

Oct 2, 2017 – SVP of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and balanced review. We're glad that you are aboard with us and helping us to grow faster and stronger every day.

2. "I want to retire here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for advancement
    -Great benefits
    -Good workplace culture
    -Nice office, perks, food, etc.
    -Fantastic people make this an enjoyable workplace

Cons

-Aged tools that badly need updated (in progress, thankfully)
    -Disconnect between senior management and ground level (happens at all companies)
    -Not making it clear when terminations occur that it is due to performance (makes people uneasy, employees begin to think terminations are at random)
    -Commitment to "health" is a bit strange because the office constantly orders unhealthy food, everyone who works here gains 10 pounds their first year

Advice to Management

-Try to understand the roles and responsibilities of direct reports on a first-hand basis; it may not change the way you make decisions, but it could help you relate to the concerns of the employees at large
    -Pony-up more cash to good employees to give them incentive to stay
    -Don't "sit on" bad apples; if an employee isn't working out, it's best for everyone to end the relationship and not wait. Otherwise, it sets a bad example for other people working around them, particularly newer employees.

"NOT a Top Place to work (Help Desk Review)"

Current Employee - Help Desk in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to make good friends because so many feel the same way you do.

Cons

Leadership from Director up is worthless. The "operations" group is a joke. The tools provided to do the job are lazy creations to avoid purchasing software titles with proven results. The big picture is no longer shared because I honestly believe they (management) don't know what that is anymore.

Help Desk morale is dead. What was once a tolerable job is now a dreadful experience. Not one single guiding principle is reflected by those few running the show anymore. We've been asked daily for overtime for months, literally its been requested since January. We're tired. We're done. We're burnt out and feel abused. No appreciation is shown to those who stuck out the bad times - the mass layoff of 2017, the toxic leadership, continuous disappearances of tenured positions. The new phone system has been from the start a total flop and comical. From the monthly outages, weekly disruptions, half assed implementation, nonexistent communication, to zero benefit over the prior system. And that's just one software failure out of a dozen - pitiful for a software development company.

We had the opportunity to grow our careers; weekly training time, teams created to enhance the overall experience. Those have been replaced by never ending call queues with yelling about service levels and wait times.

I was empowered to make decisions. That option has been stripped away. Approval is needed for everything. Gone are the days of "ask for forgiveness instead of permission". Zero consistency, zero communication, but you have no problem cranking out the PIOs like you're printing money.

Tenured, experienced techs are leaving in packs. Most have exit interviews and are very honest about the problems. At the same time, nothing gets better. If you ignore a problem long enough, it'll go away?

The Global Help Desk is the biggest disaster ever seen. You did a mass layoff in June 2017, 35+ positions Help Desk and related. 6 months later you have a group in Manila vastly inexperienced, culturally, technically, resourcefulness. At the same time, you stopped hiring full time employees and sought only contractors - people who have zero incentive within Continuum, only with their agency/employer. And you wonder why we have the worst wait times than ever before. The most complaints than ever before. The look of exhaustion of those who've put up with bad decision after bad decision. For 2 years, it's been another bad call after the next.

How in just a couple of years we've gone from fun and successful to resenting and painful. I have my beliefs the wrong people were put in the wrong positions, making the wrong decisions at the wrong time. There were warning signs. This didn't come out of nowhere. You had every single opportunity to prevent and fix these.

There is zero belief things will get better. We're all just waiting to hear our jobs have been eliminated, a help desk is aquired or more jobs are outsourced. We stopped caring a long time ago, back when you all stopped caring.

Advice to Management

MOST of the Help Desk staff are actively searching for new jobs (seriously, ask them). You've lost our faith. We flat out don't believe or trust you. We've given you the time, the feedback, the answers on what will solve things and you've failed us. Those at the top have disappointed us. You led us astray, filled us with false hope and empty promises. You stopped caring about us the ones who employ you. The ones who make your organization successful. Well, we're done. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

4. "SR sql dba"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of thing to learn new technology

Cons

management is not cooperative and no pick up and drop facility.

5. "Don’t have an opinion"

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home part time

Cons

Management claims to care but doesn’t
    Originally working to eliminate us jobs (not sure if this is still the case)
    Pay raises poor
    If you have an opinion keep it to yourself

"Decent company with great benefits."

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

Benefits package is great on health-care. You pay for it if you have family around 430 a month but the low deductible on co-pay makes up for it as most outpatient is covered up front. The company allows work from home every other week for IT. Snacks as far as chips, candy bars, soda, energy drinks, juice are subsidised at .50 cents for most. Energy drinks are at $1.51. Foosball table, chess, pop-corn machine, coffee including specialty drink machine free.

Cons

Management changes systems and procedures with little or no notice and training. Slow to change procedures to align work to flow better is mostly ignored if coming from techs. Years later you might see it and are given no credit.

Advice to Management

Listen to your techs, put techs first and they will take care of your customers and partners. I am leaving because of this. Sales and Onboarding need to be concerned MSPs are trained before they come on board and that they are held to standard while partnered with us because if they fail us then we have no choice to fail the customer. Pay raises are needed for experienced techs.

7. "Administrative position"

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

The benefits were very generous when I was there

Cons

I understand that it’s changed a lot in the last year

8. "Good Place to learn"

I have been working at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

The people are the best part of this job.

Cons

Not many cons, salary is a bit low compared to other companies in the area.

"Growing and Feeling It"

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing and evolving company; lots of potential.

Cons

Inconsistent service delivery, constantly changing comp plans that don't favor employees, poor communication, poor or no processes, "Boys Club" mentality within the sales organization

"Be careful about working here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Continuum Managed Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Boston office is in a very convenient location, close to SouthStation.

Continuum is channel exclusive; the customers are Managed Service Providers (MSPs) who provide very important services: keeping business’s IT systems up and running. It is very gratifying to work with the customers on this important goal.

Cons

This is the worst possible place to work.

Salaries at this company are well below market rates. On paper, their benefits look decent, but Continuum’s management is indifferent to benefits execution. One of my 401K match payments was missed and when I pointed out the missed payment it was acknowledged but not fixed. They are indifferent to their own employee policies as well, though that may be ignorance over malice. When I went to my VPs office to discuss a matter with him, I found myself talking over a recorded webinar that he assured me was the required sexual harassment prevention training for managers. (He had the video on, but it was not showing on his screen and the volume was turned down, so he did not actually learn it.)

On paper, their sexual harassment policy is egregiously weak, but legal. In meetings, HR verbally presents the policy as requiring the victim to confront the harasser prior to reporting. This contravenes Massachusetts state law on sexual assault.

While working at Continuum, I was sexually assaulted by a co-worker while on the job. I reported it to HR in accordance with company policies. One day later, I was told that I was being managed out for non-specific performance issues.

I had received a raise and a bonus during the previous annual review period. I had never received any warnings or performance improvement plans over the course of the year.

I was fortunate to find another job quickly.

After the (illegal) firing, Continuum (illegally) tried to enforce a non-compete agreement. I have not violated the non-compete agreement; my new job does not compete with Continuum. Continuum clearly had no legitimate business interest to protect. Under Massachusetts state law, Continuum had no chance of prevailing in court; nevertheless, Continuum started a campaign of harassment against me that lasted more than two months. (The matter never proceeded to court; that would have required that Continuum present evidence showing I had violated the non-compete and was encroaching on a legitimate business interest of theirs.)

On the advice of several past and present colleagues, I contacted my former boss at Continuum via phone to ask for help in case the spurious non-compete action did go forward and I had to find another job. He interrupted me after one-half of one sentence and declined any interest in even hearing about the non-compete and told me that if he were to give me a reference it would be a bad one.

Fortunately my new employer understands non-compete law. My new employer continues to employ me (at a higher salary, with better benefits, and with much more interesting and rewarding work than Continuum offered). I can only quote my new boss, who, when I told him my circumstances with Continuum, told me the hard truth: “Now you know the kind of people you were working with over there.”

To summarize: the products, procedures, salaries, and benefits of Continuum are terrible. You will learn nothing working here. It is not a prestigious company so you will not advance your career for having worked here. If you are a woman there is a significant risk that you will be sexually assaulted on the job; the person who did it to me (and several other people) still works there. If you report being assaulted, you will be fired. If you leave, Continuum will try to destroy your career by 1) falsely claiming you violated a non-compete, and 2) contacting your new employer and telling your new employer that you were fired.

I strongly recommend that you do not take a job at this company. (And if you already have, I strongly recommend that you find a good lawyer.)

Advice to Management

The "Cons" covers it all.

Continuum Managed Services Response

Feb 15, 2018 – SVP of Human Resources

Your post includes some very serious and disturbing allegations, which I am hearing about for the first time. I urge you to contact me immediately, as we take any complaint of sexual harassment or... More