Contra Costa Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Staff nurse"

I have been working at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center part-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling on a per diem basis.

Cons

Floating to other units on short notice.

2. "Staff RN Labor & Delivery"

Former Freelancer - Staff RN in Concord, CA
    Former Freelancer - Staff RN in Concord, CA

I worked at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Residents was great. Also, the population served is great to work with, especially if you like teaching.

Cons

Charge RN tended to dump on newer staff and on travelers. ALWAYS gave ALL heavy loads to these nurses, while on an otherwise not busy shift, 5 or 6 RNs sat around the nurses' station laughing and talking and having a good time. They would not offer to help. When the unit is not busy and nurses are sitting around, they should be helping the nurses who are busy, at least when the caseload for that nurse is over the top.
    **Wages were cut without any notice, whatsoever. We never found out until payday when our checks were much shorter. I was told the hospital did not need to tell anyone when they cut wages. However, about 4 months later, we got a "raise." They announced it like they wanted a pat on the back for being so kind as to give us raises. The raise; however, was bringing us back to where our wages were before they were stolen from us.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of what is really going on in the unit. Be the manager of all, not the friend of some.

3. "Could be ran better"

I worked at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

There is plenty of places to park, good location

Cons

Low compensation for high expectations , favoritism, no respect from management .

4. "Former Volunteer"

Former Freelancer - Former Volunteer in Martinez, CA
    Former Freelancer - Former Volunteer in Martinez, CA

I worked at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff and volunteers. Well-educated medical professionals.

Cons

Rude, apathetic, and condescending volunteer management.

Advice to Management

Please brighten your attitude towards volunteers. Remind yourself of the actual meaning of volunteer work - it is completely voluntary and at the discretion of said volunteer.

"CCRMC Review"

Current Intern - StudentMedical Social Worker/Mental Health Clinician in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

In my opinion, CCRMC is one of the best teaching hospitals around. The staff is personable and exceptionally helpful. The setting is ideal for melding forensic psychology, counseling psychology under acute circumstances. It is also a great place to gain medical knowledge on the job.

Cons

The county system lacks some organization. Often staffing is short which sometimes makes patient care difficult. In addition, many staff members play multiple roles because of the shortage of professionals. There are many temps and unfortunately, it takes a long time to get hired.

6. "Hospital Clinical Pharmacist"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Martinez, CA

I have been working at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects, hybrid positions that allow you to gain experience in inpatient, clinical, care transitions, and ambulatory settings so it doesn't get boring.

Cons

Pharmacists at County are woefully underpaid compared to everywhere else.

Advice to Management

Nowhere to move up, no recognition of good work. Everyone is classified as Pharmacist I with no chance of getting promoted or getting a raise.

7. "Decision-making from management without nursing staff input has dramatically decreased the morals of the staff and it's"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Martinez, CA

I have been working at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teaching hospital, good teamwork, good change to work with high-risk patient popution

Cons

low staffing especially on NOC shift, low compensation for high expectations. No respect from upper-management nor CEO.

Advice to Management

Decision-making from management without nursing staff input has dramatically decreased the morals of the staff and it's getting worse by the day.

8. "So-so"

Pros

Help less fortunate, great experience

Cons

Employees are part of a union

9. "Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in Martinez, CA

I worked at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was well paid and surrounded by qualified people.

Cons

Manager was biased toward her sex and ethnicity

Advice to Management

Make more effort to let individual employees know they are doing a good job

"Not recommended"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Pros

main location: Parking is plentiful. Location is accessible. On bus route. Curves, yogurt shop, Grocery, drug store, bank, fast foods,restaurants (mexican, american, italian, sandwich, diner, chinese) are nearby. Some restaurants are open early and late. Starbucks is across the street. Staff are very friendly. There is a sidewalk for walks during breaks. After hours, staff can go to the movie theater next door.

Cons

Top management exhibits favoritism. Too much pork! Too many contractors and consultants. Poor communication with staff. All hands meetings are one way communication. Not useful. Topmanager seems to be not accountable as he lets his non- manager direct reports run the whole place!

Advice to Management

Be fair. Treat employees respectfully instead of putting consultants or contractors or favored staff ahead always. Talk with staff. Walk the talk. support staff!