Contractors Steel Reviews | Glassdoor

Contractors Steel Reviews

1.9
Don Simon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Warehouse material handling"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Contractors Steel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great supervisors and upper management they understand family issues there demands are not unreasonable

Cons

Huge boys club if you don't fit in with the cliq your employment doesn't last long

Advice to Management

Quit letting a bunch of adult men run your company like teenagers for a union shop there is absolutely no brotherhood

"Don't quit a job to work here."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Contractors Steel (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money was good but not worth it. You end up paying dearly.

Cons

Management is a joke. Morons from MI try to manage you and the office staff is a joke. Awful people to work for as they lie to cover themselfs. No loyalty as you mean nothing to them.

Advice to Management

Fire all of them and get some decent people in there who knows how to treat people.

"wost place to work"

I worked at Contractors Steel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the best thing about this place is 5:00 & the day you finally quit

Cons

Completely mis-managed. Employee's are not allowed to have an opinion on anything. Management can't relay information to employees, make huge mistakes & are never reprimanded for it. But punch in one minute late, & you're the bad guy. Place is ridiculous. Wouldn't refer anyone to work here, unless they like to be abused, threatened & mistreated. Yelling and arguing are the preferred method of communication here.

Advice to Management

upgrade the technology. Get rid of all the tyrants, starting at the top. Learn how to function like a "real" company

4. "Used to think this was a great place to work..."

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Contractors Steel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wish I truly had more! It's purely a shame that the attitude the employees have is a result of being treated so poorly.. Used to love my job, wkly pay is nice !!!! Home everyday!!!

Cons

Many, management doesn't care....u are just another number! Insurance rates are high, and yrlly raises aren't enough to cover inflation!!!!! Managers are only concerned about their huge quarterly bonuses, and are eager to throw everyone under the bus. When u ask for a raise , no u gotta wait until January then they give u .50 then claim they fought to get u that!???? One lie right after another.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing the company! Let the managers u hire actually do the job they were hired for.....the bad attitude of employees is something they breed. Sad that they care so little for their employees, maybe set forth an actual pay scale for the jobs, rather than favoritism...new employees make darn near what I do...with yrs of seniority! If u take care of us bottom feeders then we will maintain a better attitude, and u would likely see more productivity!!! Maybe not be soo eager to always wanna take from employees, when your managers and sales make huge mistakes but yet it's all forgotten

"Do not work here."

I worked at Contractors Steel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Somewhat decent wages, that's literally it.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. Absolutely zero room for advancement, "you're lucky to have a job here" mentality, an absolute joke of a "management" team, technology is ancient (they still use TERMINALS), and the fact that your job is safe...until a family member wants it.

Advice to Management

Hiring family members who do NOTHING, and then letting honest, hard-working people go is not the way to do business.

"Worst place I have ever worked. This employer does not care at ALL for its employees!!"

Former Employee - Steel Worker in Wyoming, MI
    Former Employee - Steel Worker in Wyoming, MI

I worked at Contractors Steel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason I would work at Contractors Steel is if I could not find employment anywhere else!

Cons

Advice to Management

Get Keith Ford out of there! He is the main reason Wyoming MI Branch is so bad!!!!!!

7. "It's a decent place to work"

I have been working at Contractors Steel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning the steel industry is helpful for someone in the Midwest area

Cons

some of the co-workers can be a little too much at times