Control4 "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Control4 Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated May 3, 2019

3.9
Control4 President and Chief Executive Officer Martin Plaehn (no image)
Martin Plaehn
Pros
Cons
  • "As the company experiences rapid growth, there are some inside processes that may require improvement starting from upper management and working down(in 3 reviews)

• "Stock options have been removed as part of the benefits package(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Control4 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, competitive pay, mentoring, supportive management. Really amazing people here.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any. I'm busy a lot of the time, but I enjoy that!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Control42019-05-03
  2. "Great Company Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at Control4 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work/life balance Great benefits that have only improved Awesome culture, truly focused on retaining employees Premium product that is fun and easy to get behind

Cons

I honestly can't think of any, I've been here for 4 years and have never felt like it's a drag coming to work and my commute is about 40 miles one way.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Control42019-03-25

"Good company to work for overall"

Current Employee - Tech Support

I have been working at Control4 full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good atmosphere in the offices (both Irvine, CA and Draper, UT offices) -The company cares about employee happiness. Although I don't know that this is company wide across all departments. -When things get bad, upper management does seem to listen. -Decent career progression -Good work life balance. Working about 40-45 hours a week. -Company made radical changes to management about a year ago which I feel... will result in better products down the road. -Bagels every Friday.

Cons

-It can often times feel like there are too many meetings about getting things which leaves less time to actually get things done. -Company pays employees in California the same as those in Utah. Cost of living is not the same. -Company is behind it's competitors in a lot of areas. -There needs to be more transparency with the customer base about product issues.

Advice to Management

-Keep tabs on the offices that aren't in Draper, UT. When things get boiled up, it seems like it does get attention, but then the attention eventually disappears without problems being fully resolved. -Get more developers. -Don't buy companies without fully understanding how you would integrate it's technology with the current platform(s).

Control42018-08-20

"Worldclass Workplace"

Current Employee - Sales in Draper, UT

I have been working at Control4 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I absolutely have loved my time at this company, I've been employed for just shy of 3 years. And have seen some incredible growth and forward thinking. Executives are clearly listening to the channel as well as consumers and adapting as best as possible. Extremely happy with benefits, salary, work/life balance. Can't say enough good things.

Cons

Career path is a bit muddy but I know it is there. Being a public company sometimes brings some slow changes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up you're doing great, the higher ups could share their vision with their respective departments a little better, this would help with having a clear career path.

Control42017-10-24

"Good overall, but..."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Control4 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed, family-oriented environment. The work life balance is great. There some flexibility in the work schedule. The technology is good. Free and discounted equipment is available after a brief period with the company. Occasional lunch provided by the company. Some of the company activities are good. Below management level, some of the people are genuinely sincere, friendly and very helpful. Opportunity to... learn different technologies and skills. The quality of pay depends on the individual.

Cons

Upward mobility from within the company, career growth, bonuses and promotions are practically non-existing. Innovative technology is a figment of one's imagination. Mid management says they encourage this. However, their attitudes and actions prove otherwise. There are toxic people in this environment who seems to poison any progress of existing projects. Furthermore, it seems these people have too much clout in... major decision making. Finally, the most loud and obnoxious people in a meeting room will be heard over more reasonable voices. The health benefits are sub par. Stock options have been removed as part of the benefits package. The quality of QA is terrible. This organization releases software containing known issues. The organization and its processes are in need of improvements. Mid management and project management are both questionable. There's is lack of and inconsistent vision, direction and planning. The CEO seems to care more about his image than his people, the product and the end consumer.

Advice to Management

Highly talented engineers are very difficult to find, let alone retain. Reward those high performers, and seek to make improvements in order to maintain high morale and loyalty. The toxic people must be removed or entire departments will be destroyed.

Control42016-11-22